Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC highlights

Started by Lake City Hog, January 10, 2016, 05:01:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgoat

Thanks.  Gonna miss him.
Hoglady: "Some things in life are only a big deal when you make them a big deal."

hawg IQ

Quote from: Lake City Hog on January 10, 2016, 05:01:09 pm
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/alex-collins-highlight-reel/
I do like the fact that BB made a pitch to AC to try and get him to stay.  AC has to try and do what's best for him and his family however, we all get that. In the SEC, the best talent is always gonna be looked at by the pros, as well as the pros being attractive by the players, money talks.
   I said last year, we did not have enough running backs being recruited. RW3 was a good recruit, should have a couple more. if we recruit at RB as we did at tight end, we'de be okay.

Even this year we are not doing that well recruiting RBs. I like whaley and all and a couple of others.
But when you play a tenn. state and they have good rb play, they have to be plenty out there. I say again recruit more rbs due to injuries like this past season, Am I wrong here ?
go hogs go !

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hawg IQ on January 11, 2016, 09:03:31 am
  I do like the fact that BB made a pitch to AC to try and get him to stay.  AC has to try and do what's best for him and his family however, we all get that. In the SEC, the best talent is always gonna be looked at by the pros, as well as the pros being attractive by the players, money talks.
   I said last year, we did not have enough running backs being recruited. RW3 was a good recruit, should have a couple more. if we recruit at RB as we did at tight end, we'de be okay.

Even this year we are not doing that well recruiting RBs. I like whaley and all and a couple of others.
But when you play a tenn. state and they have good rb play, they have to be plenty out there. I say again recruit more rbs due to injuries like this past season, Am I wrong here ?

No, you're not wrong, but you have to have a strategy and employ it.  There are only so many hours in the day for them to recruit.  I'm guessing that it's pretty challenging to know when to focus on a few with difference making talent, versus pulling the trigger on a few that you hope could develop into difference makers.  I'm sure the challenge is focusing on elite talent and whiffing, versus finding the fringe guys that maybe some of the heavy hitters aren't in on. 

Thing is...with AC's success, if he goes fairly high in the draft and does well in the NFL, that should help too.  And I haven't heard squat about JWill, but he may end up being every bit as good as ANY RB coming out this year. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.