Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I sent KATV 7 a message on Facebook asking them to release the Ken Hatfield

Started by Country Stylz, January 09, 2016, 06:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Stylz

shows from the 1988 and 1989 seasons to you tube or the general public. The only one out is the '89 Houston game on you tube. I don't suppose that there is anyone with any pull on here that can help me out? I had the entire '89 season recorded on VHS. My wife recorded episodes from the Lifetime channel over the entire tape. We are divorced now.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

(notOM)Rebel123

Watch the movie "Thelma & Louise". Ken's show with the Houston shootout is in the movie.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Torqued pork

That's what you get for marrying a woman who wasn't fascinated with the flex-bone's mystique.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 09, 2016, 06:34:43 pm
'89 Houston game
Was at that game in WMS.  What a game.  I remember the chant of "SMU" late into the game after a Hog win was all but guaranteed.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Country Stylz

Country Stylz

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 09, 2016, 09:07:05 pm
That's what you get for marrying a woman who wasn't fascinated with the flex-bone's mystique.
What's wrong with women.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 09, 2016, 09:07:05 pm

Maybe OP's bone didn't flex.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 09, 2016, 10:41:55 pm
I've got a feeling it does all right.

Didn't your mom teach you to leave your hands to yourself? You will go blind if you don't.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

bphi11ips

shows from the 1988 and 1989 seasons to you tube or the general public. The only one out is the '89 Houston game on you tube. I don't suppose that there is anyone with any pull on here that can help me out? I had the entire '89 season recorded on VHS. My wife recorded episodes from the Lifetime channel over the entire tape. We are divorced now.

You had good grounds, in my professional opinion.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

goodguytex

I mean, at least if she was going to record over a tape of coaches shows, record over the ones with Houston Nutt. Not Ken Hatfield.

HognVA

I was at the Houston shootout. Favorite game I ever attended(admittedly from a pretty short list).

Birminghog

Lifetime. Smh.

ballz2thewall

this is probably one of the funniest posts, all things considered, that i've ever seen on hogville.

divorce, and "dadgum" kennybob mentioned in the same paragraph........episodes of cherished cinema sacrificed to the lifetime channel..........

man, there's a lot to work with here....:)

b2w
The rest of the frog.

bphi11ips

Serious question - Is there a home video recorder on the market that saves video to hardrive?  DVR is convenient but not permanent.  I have games from the 90's on VHS but nothing since everything went digital.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 10, 2016, 11:02:21 am
Serious question - Is there a home video recorder on the market that saves video to hardrive?  DVR is convenient but not permanent.  I have games from the 90's on VHS but nothing since everything went digital.

You can record a dvd from a vcr.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 10, 2016, 11:02:21 am

Quote from: Wayne Watson on January 10, 2016, 11:08:40 am
You can record a dvd from a vcr.

I have a friend that is playing his vcr movies on his TV.  He is sending the signal through some sort of relay that allows other devices to watch or record the signal. He has connected his computer to the relay and is saving it as a video file in order to watch it at will or easily create a watchable dvd he could burn.

In short, it's not hard to do.  Some of the equipment he's using is over 10 years old.
I'd Google it to see what's most cost effective for you.
He spent about $80 on top of what he already owned. 
Now it's a matter of transferring over 700 tapes!
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

The_Hog_Father

bphi11ips

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 10, 2016, 11:17:52 am
I have a friend that is playing his vcr movies on his TV.  He is sending the signal through some sort of relay that allows other devices to watch or record the signal. He has connected his computer to the relay and is saving it as a video file in order to watch it at will or easily create a watchable dvd he could burn.

In short, it's not hard to do.  Some of the equipment he's using is over 10 years old.
I'd Google it to see what's most cost effective for you.
He spent about $80 on top of what he already owned. 
Now it's a matter of transferring over 700 tapes!

I'd like to convert the old stuff someday, but my question is whether there is a modern equivalent to the VCR that makes a permanent copy of new programming. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 10, 2016, 12:11:20 pm
I'd like to convert the old stuff someday, but my question is whether there is a modern equivalent to the VCR that makes a permanent copy of new programming. 

There's a VCR that will play the tape and burn a DVD as the product.  I think my buddy told me he could've picked one up for about $110.

Other than above and this method, there's also software that will allow you to connect your VCR to your computer and copy the program as a file.  From there, the sky's the limit....Watch from drive, burn to disc, etc.

As far as I know, these are your 3 options.

If you need more info/assistance than this, someone who's done this or is an expert is a better bet.
His response to me:

CaptainHog

Panasonic makes quite a few or did dual decks...record from vhs to dvd..

The_Hog_Father

:razorback:

bphi11ips

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 10, 2016, 12:25:31 pm
There's a VCR that will play the tape and burn a DVD as the product.  I think my buddy told me he could've picked one up for about $110.

Other than above and this method, there's also software that will allow you to connect your VCR to your computer and copy the program as a file.  From there, the sky's the limit....Watch from drive, burn to disc, etc.

As far as I know, these are your 3 options.

If you need more info/assistance than this, someone who's done this or is an expert is a better bet.

Thanks.  Think the Geek Squad may be visiting for me bday.

LZH

That game from start to finish was probably the best one I have ever seen. And as loud as War Memorial Stadium has ever been with the exception of the first miracle on Markham.

By the way, there is a computer program that you can buy that will allow you to record VHS tapes from your old VCR onto a hard drive and or a DVD. I think I paid about $125 for it, but it sat in my closet for 5 years. I still haven't done a damn thing with any of it, & I have hours and hours of old high school ball games, family reunions, and whatnot that I really need to get off my ass and save.

TNhawgfan

you better not wait too long to convert. I purchased a vhs to dvd burner a couple years ago and couldn't wait to pull out my old hog vhs tapes. I had about 6 vhs full of bbll games from the early 90s and about half of them had deteroriated to almost unwatchable. Vhs doesn't last forever that's for sure
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

LZH

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 10, 2016, 05:44:11 pm
you better not wait too long to convert. I purchased a vhs to dvd burner a couple years ago and couldn't wait to pull out my old hog vhs tapes. I had about 6 vhs full of bbll games from the early 90s and about half of them had deteroriated to almost unwatchable. Vhs doesn't last forever that's for sure

That's what I'm afraid of. They are all back in Arkansas, & I won't be coming back for another few months. I hope I haven't waited too long.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LZH on January 10, 2016, 06:11:54 pm
That's what I'm afraid of. They are all back in Arkansas, & I won't be coming back for another few months. I hope I haven't waited too long.

Maybe you should save yourself the headache and sell your machine to bphi11ips.
His response to me:

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 10, 2016, 06:15:11 pm
Maybe you should save yourself the headache and sell your machine to bphi11ips.

You know me, I'm one of those "I'll get around to it" kind of guy.  :)

Torqued pork

Even though the win against Houston was wildly entertaining, Hatfied's record against ranked opponents was pretty dismal as I recall. Reliving the Tony Jones catch and 51-7 slaughter against the U wouldn't be fun.

Tusks

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 10, 2016, 06:36:21 pm
Even though the win against Houston was wildly entertaining, Hatfied's record against ranked opponents was pretty dismal as I recall. Reliving the Tony Jones catch and 51-7 slaughter against the U wouldn't be fun.

I was on the 50 yard line that game.  I knew the hogs were in trouble when they punted the canes to the 1 yard line and they proceeded to go 99 yards in 3 plays.  May have been the best college team I've ever seen play.

But back to the original ??  Put in on a computer and then you can even copy the shows onto a usb drive as a back up.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

goodguytex

Quote from: LZH on January 10, 2016, 06:11:54 pm
I have experience with doing this... I have a dual DVD/vcr, and have converted pretty much all my old tapes to DVD. But I would strongly suggest running a head cleaner before trying it, and take some q tips and make sure there isn't dust and dirt on the heads of your VHS tapes. Because if there is, the player will eat up the tape, and may ruin the tape, definitely damage the quality of the transfer from tape to DVD. Just make sure the heads of the player and your tape are as clean as possible. My player/recorder is a Magnavox.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 10, 2016, 08:48:24 am
You had good grounds, in my professional opinion.

HAHA! If he had a good lawyer he could have gotten alimony for having to suffer from watching the Lifetime channel!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

wholehog92

I have used this product successfully to put games from my vhs to my computer and my DVR to my computer FWIW.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2.html
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 10, 2016, 12:11:20 pm

Combo HD DVR/DVD recorder with a 1TB hard drive. That will hold about 1250 hours of HD programming but then you can buy unlimited external hard drives say 5TB that connect to the unit to add unlimited storage.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.