Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yes, Mallett needed...

Started by Iwastherein1969, January 09, 2016, 05:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwxld

Quote from: GoldenCOHog on January 09, 2016, 05:58:08 pm
:puke:

You can deny Kim all you want, but you cant deny dat azz. otherwise agree.

majestic

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 09, 2016, 07:10:29 pm
no brosef, remember, I'm 3 bills...this is certainly you Majestic...nice, errgh short stroke you have there, my man
Man, I'll admit it, this winter is hurting me.  I am up to 190 as of this morning. A busted ankle and access to non-cafeteria food don't help either :) Have fun at the Links. Does Jim ever even stop by?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: majestic on January 09, 2016, 07:15:48 pm
Man, I'll admit it, this winter is hurting me.  I am up to 190 as of this morning. A busted ankle and access to non-cafeteria food don't help either :) Have fun at the Links. Does Jim ever even stop by?
the only Jim I know is my ex father-in-law and he's not getting out too much these days.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

jkstock04

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 09, 2016, 07:14:57 pm
You can get as freakin tired as you want of the alarm clock jokes. Mallett was never mentally NFL material from the get go. He has/had the physical ability, but his head has never been on straight. If it were not for Garrick McGee on the sidelines to keep him focused, Ryan would never have performed such as he did for Arkansas. He lit up up his senior stats, but he choked badly in the two biggest games of his college career (Bama and Sugar Bowl), all when everyone here was on some kind of vicarious Heisman watch for him. I know some here are weary of hearing of the Bama and Ohio State pics, and those same are weary of hearing of  how Ryan's private improprieties affected his draft outcome, but they are fact, and cannot be ignored. Ryan has had all the chances in the world to upgrade his status, but has chronically made the personal decision to sabotage his own career. Houston could indeed have used him tonight, but as it turned out, he was always a liability. A damn waste of God given talent I say.
I'm of the opinion Mallett played damn good in that Ohio State game. If recievers catch the ball we win that game by two td's. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogarusa

Haha, good to see so many got their 1 game of watching the Texans in to decide.  Texans were a train wreck with the Mallett destraction.  2-5 with him on the roster.  7-2 after he got cut.  It just wasnt a fit.  It didnt come down to a Mallett vs Hoyer talent discussion

You play to win the game?  Hello.  Mallett is in a better spot, Texans won division and made playoffs
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TrueBlue

You can get as freakin tired as you want of the alarm clock jokes. Mallett was never mentally NFL material from the get go. He has/had the physical ability, but his head has never been on straight. If it were not for Garrick McGee on the sidelines to keep him focused, Ryan would never have performed such as he did for Arkansas. He lit up up his senior stats, but he choked badly in the two biggest games of his college career (Bama and Sugar Bowl), all when everyone here was on some kind of vicarious Heisman watch for him. I know some here are weary of hearing of the Bama and Ohio State pics, and those same are weary of hearing of  how Ryan's private improprieties affected his draft outcome, but they are fact, and cannot be ignored. Ryan has had all the chances in the world to upgrade his status, but has chronically made the personal decision to sabotage his own career. Houston could indeed have used him tonight, but as it turned out, he was always a liability. A damn waste of God given talent I say.

Joe Adams cost us the Sugar Bowl - Not Mallett. Re-watch the game.

I still stand behind what I said. The league has bigger problems than being late. If you want to trash a former Hog, that is something you need to live with. The dude loves the university and always has. It is easy to hide and trash someone behind your computer screen without showing your face and name.

GoldenCOHog

Ryan Mallett + 2014 defense = national title contender

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2016, 08:07:18 pm
I'm of the opinion Mallett played damn good in that Ohio State game. If recievers catch the ball we win that game by two td's. Just my opinion.

Quiet you.
In Arkansas, the QB must have a 225 IQ, be a saint, catch the ball that they perfectly threw, have the physical makeup that exceeds Bo Jackson, never have a mistake, and God forbid they come across a superior team, must superhumanly create miracles to march us to victory.

If they can't, then despite the fact that the teams are made up of individuals, e.g. ''teams'', EVERYTHING is their fault regardless circumstances, subjective and critical analysis be danged.
Crucify Them!
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hoghearted

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 09, 2016, 08:27:03 pm
Joe Adams cost us the Sugar Bowl - Not Mallett. Re-watch the game.

I still stand behind what I said. The league has bigger problems than being late. If you want to trash a former Hog, that is something you need to live with. The dude loves the university and always has. It is easy to hide and trash someone behind your computer screen without showing your face and name.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Pigsknuckles

Judge the Sugar Bowl, if you want from the first pass play from scrimmage. Judge the Bama game from late, with the game on the line, when Mallett should have thrown the ball 5 rows up in the stands (but he didn't). No matter what Ryan did, or  did not, seems it's someone else's responsibility.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Pigsknuckles

Joe Adams cost us the Sugar Bowl? Really?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

WorfHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 10:16:34 pm
Someone debunked this as a fake earlier.
I can't say because I hate Twitter.

Ryan doesn't have a twitter account!

TomasPistola

Well, it's not a verified twitter. Kinda suspicious.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

GoldenCOHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 08:38:28 pm
Quiet you.
In Arkansas, the QB must have a 225 IQ, be a saint, catch the ball that they perfectly threw, have the physical makeup that exceeds Bo Jackson, never have a mistake, and God forbid they come across a superior team, must superhumanly create miracles to march us to victory.

If they can't, then despite the fact that the teams are made up of individuals, e.g. ''teams'', EVERYTHING is their fault regardless circumstances, subjective and critical analysis be danged.
Crucify Them!

Aunt Linda?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 09, 2016, 10:13:57 pm

Not him alone, but I believe we had like 7 drops that game.   Last drive I don't know why we didn't run the ball more.   And yes it was a really bad pass by mallett that ended the game.   I would say it was a team effort in that loss.  Wish we would have scoop and scored.   No one was around all he had to do is pick it up and walk it in for a Td. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogginbama

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 09, 2016, 10:32:37 pm
Well, it's not a verified twitter. Kinda suspicious.

As usual, the media runs to daylight with it before verifying a thing. Kid will pay for something he didn't do here, but that is okay, he threw a pick against Bama and OSU while trying to win the game. Damn him for being human and making a mistake in those games.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

31to6

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 09, 2016, 11:09:15 pm
Not him alone, but I believe we had like 7 drops that game.   Last drive I don't know why we didn't run the ball more.   And yes it was a really bad pass by mallett that ended the game.   I would say it was a team effort in that loss.  Wish we would have scoop and scored.   No one was around all he had to do is pick it up and walk it in for a Td. 
Joe dropped a TD on the opening drive. We had several drops in the first half that killed drives and put us in a position where we had to come from behind in the 2nd half.

Herndon was the player who did not scoop and score.

As for the last drive, Mallett audibled to pass after counting the box, which was the correct pre-snap decision. The OSU defense had laid a trap for him, however, and dropped their stud DE back into coverage, positioned right where one of his hot reads was likely to be. The rest is history.

code red

The main reason Hoyer looked so bad...was the KC defense.  The same thing would have happened if it was the Patriots.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

mhsbc59

To know O' Brian sucks as a coach just look at all the coaches that have come out of the Belichic tree non of them are worth a darn.  You had the guy that drafted Tebow in the 1st round at Denver. The butter ball who went to Notre Dame and ate his way out of a lap ban surgery, and O' I can stand people that stand up against me and call me out on stuff Brian. All of the coach's that come out of the Belichic tree think they can do things like him by being the biggest a****me on the plant.  Tom Brady is the only reason Belichic and his whole style is not run out of town.  For all other success coaches you will find a way to get the most out of the most talented players, not just imposing there will on people. And then let more talented people go.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

SweetSassyMolassy

Mallett deleted both his instagram and twitter awhile back - before this season even started.   He was ryan_mallett_15 and instagram was 1five1time.  He may have private accounts now, but his public ones were verified when he posted, and are now deleted.

Buff

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 09, 2016, 10:13:57 pm

Dropping at least 2 sure TD passes didn't help our chances.

19Hog78

Quote from: Buff on January 10, 2016, 12:19:31 pm
Dropping at least 2 sure TD passes didn't help our chances.

Honestly, if Jim Tressell hadn't started coaching not to lose, the Hogs would have lost that game by 40. We were pretty lucky that game ended close and in no way should we be playing "what if" and pointing fingers at players for losing that game. They fought back hard as a team, but simply lost the game to a superior team.

Potosihog

You would think mainstream media outlets would verify this as really being Ryan before trashing him.  If it is not him it would seem he should be taking a public stand to say so.  They should be held responsible for careless reporting.  If it was him there is nothing that can help that level of stupidity at this point in a struggling career. 

JenksHawg

Quote from: Theolesnort on January 09, 2016, 06:04:44 pm
Zackly, Mallett caused his own troubles. No one to blame but himself.
Totally agree.  He's a mediocre backup NFL QB - with a crappy attitude, low QB IQ, and limited leadership skills.  He's lucky to even have a job. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 05:48:50 pm
Agree on all points.

Also this game is like having pie, drinking beer, and watching Kim Kardashian walk away in a bikini all at the same time.
Guilty Pleasure.
I just threw up in my mouth a little....

PP

Kevin

Quote from: JenksHawg on January 10, 2016, 08:24:25 pm
Totally agree.  He's a mediocre backup NFL QB - with a crappy attitude, low QB IQ, and limited leadership skills.  He's lucky to even have a job. 

Bitter
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Justagp

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2016, 08:07:18 pm

If I remember correctly when Mallett threw the interception, the announcer said, "finally someone catches one of Mallett's passes!"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: 19Hog78 on January 10, 2016, 12:52:47 pm
Honestly, if Jim Tressell hadn't started coaching not to lose, the Hogs would have lost that game by 40. We were pretty lucky that game ended close and in no way should we be playing "what if" and pointing fingers at players for losing that game. They fought back hard as a team, but simply lost the game to a superior team.

This was my thought after the game. tOSU fans said on Hogville before the game this was their fear as JT had a tendency to back off with a lead only to fight for the win in the 4th.

And that is exactly what happened. But I give a ton of credit for the Hogs not giving up. They kept battling to the end.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

clutch

Quote from: code red on January 10, 2016, 07:49:20 am
The main reason Hoyer looked so bad...was the KC defense.  The same thing would have happened if it was the Patriots.

The KC was pretty good, but go back and look at all those interceptions. I didn't see the 4th, but the 1st three were all on Hoyer. The defense didn't even have to make a play. He was making the combination of really, really bad decisions and poor throws at the same time. This resulted into easy picks. The one on the goal line, there was literally two defenders in front of his receiver. There was no way that the ball was going to get to him.

Pig in the Pokey

Bro, he will be in the league for many years. He's about to get a nice contract from Baltimore. He fits in real well there. He's so ghetto , they love him there. West Baltimore , Beetches, holding down them towers...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

MountainHomeHogger

Ryan Mallett is Ryan Leaf tons of talent but can't keep his mouth shut and be a team player.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

code red

Quote from: clutch on January 11, 2016, 08:25:25 am
The KC was pretty good, but go back and look at all those interceptions. I didn't see the 4th, but the 1st three were all on Hoyer. The defense didn't even have to make a play. He was making the combination of really, really bad decisions and poor throws at the same time. This resulted into easy picks. The one on the goal line, there was literally two defenders in front of his receiver. There was no way that the ball was going to get to him.
Constant heat will make you make bad decisions. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TeedupHigh

RM indeed was beaten by both Bama & Ostate........BUT in the Bama game our highly rated receivers really got "short arms" because Bama was knocking there ass off.  Ohio state game.......How many balls was dropped when the throw could not have been made better?  First play of the game was a game changer with the Joe Adams first drop.

With this said, Ryan Mallett showed his true colors with the TEXANS.  How can a Pro football quarterback over sleep and miss a practice much less a team flight?  RY was totally wrong in his actions with the texans! I was his biggest fan with them

wholehog92

Mallett and Obrien will be a story of "When idiots collide" for me.

Obrien's job is to motivate and push players to be better, not work against them.  He had a guy with major arm talent and he worked against him and undermined him at every turn.

Ryan had the chance of a lifetime to be a starting QB and let an idiot stop him from being mentally focused and then further cratered his career by throwing a fit.

I did enjoy a bit schadenfreude at Billy O's expense.  Ryan has paid the price for his stupidity and I was ready to see it come around on that score as well.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

seasonhog

Quote from: TeedupHigh on January 11, 2016, 02:11:13 pm
RM indeed was beaten by both Bama & Ostate........BUT in the Bama game our highly rated receivers really got "short arms" because Bama was knocking there ass off.  Ohio state game.......How many balls was dropped when the throw could not have been made better?  First play of the game was a game changer with the Joe Adams first drop.

With this said, Ryan Mallett showed his true colors with the TEXANS.  How can a Pro football quarterback over sleep and miss a practice much less a team flight?  RY was totally wrong in his actions with the texans! I was his biggest fan with them

true colors......biggest fan.........I doubt that

Let us look at the truth......never any problem with NE, last year with the Texans could not get him to leave, working out all the time......since he has been with the Ravens, working out night & day learning the play book ......earn the praise of the team........so what went wrong this season in Houston.....

Lied to & treated like crap by O'B.........should he have acting like he did?.......that was up to him......

Missing the team plane.....I believe Ryan was stuck in traffic  why would you spend your own money to fly to FL just to made a statement......yes he should have started earlier.

Mallett  performance.

Never got any snaps in NE. unless Brady was hurt, which never happen,  NE could be ahead 30 points & Brady will not give the backup one snap.... NE would have keep Ryan, but he was in his last year & Ryan was not going to resign.

Houston....last season
Ryan beat out Fitz [ who is the starter this season for NYJ....], first start at Cleveland won the game , a top 10 QB that day..the quickest release of all QB that day.....you don't get sacked as much with a quick release....could the Texans have use a QB with a quick release against  KC......?

Hoyer was the QB for Cleveland that day & looked like crap.....just like he did against the Chiefs.......good decision O.B......you got rid of the wrong QB.

The next week with a pec injury against Cin......Mallett looked fair in the loss.....should not have played.

In less then 3weeks with the Ravens......Mallett soundly beat a good playoff team [ Steelers ] and almost beat another .....
so much for a sorry QB.

Mallett could be the started next season for the Ravens........if not then the following season, Mallett has more talent then Flacco......but the Ravens have to get something for 28 million dollars.

If the Ravens could get away from the 28 million, would be interesting to see what they would do, but I think they would only free up 3 million,

Ryan is not the devil some make him out to be.

seasonhog

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 11, 2016, 04:06:56 pm
1.  Depends upon how you define "devil."
2.  Via observation, he's merely a poor leader and poor NFL QB.
3.  No, that doesn't make him the "devil."

Folks may, certainly, argue about what sort of college QB he was but what I recall is that he never won the Big Game and broke our back with untimely interceptions on the big stage.

What big games have we won without Mallett?.........each teams has 11 players on the field.......QB is one.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 11, 2016, 04:06:56 pm
1.  Depends upon how you define "devil."
2.  Via observation, he's merely a poor leader and poor NFL QB.
3.  No, that doesn't make him the "devil."

Folks may, certainly, argue about what sort of college QB he was but what I recall is that he never won the Big Game and broke our back with untimely interceptions on the big stage.

Beating a top 10 LSU game was big. Destroying SEC East champ USCe 41-20 at their place was a big stage

seasonhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2016, 04:12:35 pm
Beating a top 10 LSU game was big. Destroying SEC East champ USCe 41-20 at their place was a big stage

Beating a good K-State .....team in what ....the Sugar Bowl......

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: seasonhog on January 11, 2016, 04:15:46 pm

Beating a good K-State .....team in what ....the Sugar Bowl......

? Are you talking about the Cotton Bowl vs Kansas State? That was Wilson

seasonhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2016, 04:19:43 pm
? Are you talking about the Cotton Bowl vs Kansas State? That was Wilson

My bad, Cotton........

Mallett 20-5.....two season as a Hog......

PonderinHog

Quote from: seasonhog on January 11, 2016, 04:25:28 pm
My bad, Cotton........

Mallett 20-5.....two season as a Hog......
Mallett was 8-5 in 2009 and 10-3 in 2010.  Wilson was 11-2 in 2011.

k.c.hawg

What happened to RM in Houston might have saved his career and made him another $20-$30 million if he has learned that every position player in the NFL can be a dumb ass, prima dona, having off the field arrest issues and internal team issues except QB. He is certainly talented enough to get a couple of $10-$12 million 3 year deals to be a back up to a good QB or compete for a starting spot on a mediocre team with QB issues. I always have been in that guys corner but regardless of the fact that BOB is an idiot, a QB cannot act the way he did in Houston. He is very fortunate to get another shot this soon and I hope he has learned his lesson. Guys have 10 year careers as back ups and get their occasional shot as the starter as long as they can handle the cards they are dealt. See Kyle Orton, the McCown  brothers, Chase Daniel, the Hasselbeck brothers, the Huard brothers, Matt Flynn. Name me the list of QB's that have had major issues that have lasted in this league other than Mike Vick and that guy came back a humbled changed man.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

GoldenCOHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 11, 2016, 04:32:07 pm
Mallett was 8-5 in 2009 and 10-3 in 2010.  Wilson was 11-2 in 2011.

Put the 2010 or 2011 offense/ST with the 2014 defense and we're National Champions. 

seasonhog

Quote from: GoldenCOHog on January 11, 2016, 04:37:24 pm
Put the 2010 or 2011 offense/ST with the 2014 defense and we're National Champions.

GoldenCOHog,

Any snow?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Theolesnort on January 09, 2016, 06:04:44 pm
Zackly, Mallett caused his own troubles. No one to blame but himself.

It's disingenuous to blame a coach for a players attitude or personality. Players are responsible for their own attitudes and personality. Coaches do make mistakes like everyone else does, BUT a player has to abide by the coaches decision since the coach is his boss. IF a player doesn't like it then they should still act professionally and then ask for a release or trade. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi