Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did Knile Davis fall off the map?

Started by Pork Ranger, January 09, 2016, 02:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

I'm a KC fan but work every weekend and live in Texas where they only show the Texans on CBS so I've really haven't gotten to watch them much this year. I thought he would step up after the Charles injury but he really just hasn't gotten any carries. Seems they rely on Ware and West for carries.

Anything on why Knile isn't getting any PT?

I know, wrong forum. Just wanted to generate a little conversation before it goes to the NFL forum

RazrRila99

Supposedly fumbleitis.  I don't believe it, but that's what they're saying.  He's amuch better rb than west and whoever else has been playing.

Slimac4

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 09, 2016, 02:33:13 pm
I'm a KC fan but work every weekend and live in Texas where they only show the Texans on CBS so I've really haven't gotten to watch them much this year. I thought he would step up after the Charles injury but he really just hasn't gotten any carries. Seems they rely on Ware and West for carries.

I know, wrong forum. Just wanted to generate a little conversation before it goes to the NFL forum

Ware and West are just better than him. Knile never took advantage of his opportunities this year and get beat out.

Slimac4

Quote from: RazrRila99 on January 09, 2016, 02:37:02 pm
Supposedly fumbleitis.  I don't believe it, but that's what they're saying.  He's amuch better rb than west and whoever else has been playing.

No he honestly isn't better... As much as I wish he was.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Slimac4 on January 09, 2016, 02:39:21 pm
No he honestly isn't better... As much as I wish he was.
Probably get blasted for this but IMO he was never the best on our team! Not that it is a slight I just always thought DJ was the better back!

sickboy

Knile has what it takes to be a productive NFL back. He's shown it. He just went through a rough slump this year. I think Reid still like Davis.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 09, 2016, 02:33:13 pm

This is fine....no need to go the the NFL forum.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

dhizzle

The times I've seen knile run the ball he just doesn't hit the hole fast enough to get yards. Now I believe he is fast enough but does he have the vision.

Smokehouse

Not really. West has a higher career YPC in the NFL than Knile and has almost matched Knile's career pass catching yardage in just one season. Ware has both of them beat in YPC (albeit on about 100 less carries), and looks to be a better redzone back than either one of them.

If you don't want to say they're better than Knile, the evidence points to all of them at least being equal, and the coaching staff likes how West and Ware's running styles match the offense better than Knile's. It is what it is. I was really hoping Knile would get a lot of work after Charles went down but West and Ware have looked really good.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

bennyl08

Knile has more physical tools than either but has been slow to the hole resulting in a low ypc average. Combine that with some fumbles and drops and there you have it. While he hasn't been on offense, he was a top 10 kick returner this year in the NFL, so he wasn't completely lost.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogansas

Anybody remember when we offered West out of high school as a corner?
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

Pork Ranger

Do they have him returning kicks? Seems he was excelling there the past couple years

hobhog

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 09, 2016, 03:06:00 pm
Do they have him returning kicks? Seems he was excelling there the past couple years

Yes. Doing well there....

Arkapigdiesel

He's a much better rb than west.

Yeh, no.  Charcnado and Ware are better RB's.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ricepig

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

incHOGnito

Potosihog

GoldenCOHog

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

The Boar War

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Pork Ranger

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 09, 2016, 03:06:00 pm

OH THE IRONY!!!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

arkmark

And Knile just ran the opening kickoff 106 yards for the TD.  Knile's doing just fine.  5th time for a playoff runback for the score.

AloRaptor

Maps? We don't need no stinkin map! :razorback:

hawgXi

Good thing the didn't fumble on that 105 yd TD or he 'd be back on the bench

SooiecidetillNuttgone

To answer the OP,  he's slow and inept.  Probably cut at end of season.

;D
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Boardon Hamsay

In before "Son of All Thing Knile Back on the Map Merged".
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

flagstaffhog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 03:38:27 pm
To answer the OP,  he's slow and inept.  Probably cut at end of season.

;D

And he doesn't have enough skill to be an effective special teams player...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

bennyl08

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 09, 2016, 03:00:43 pm
Knile has more physical tools than either but has been slow to the hole resulting in a low ypc average. Combine that with some fumbles and drops and there you have it. While he hasn't been on offense, he was a top 10 kick returner this year in the NFL, so he wasn't completely lost.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DoubleReedHawgCaller

O'Brien getting what he deserves! I love it... lol
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

GoldenCOHog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 09, 2016, 05:10:32 pm
How about maybe when he should have been working and running hard to improve his last year at Arkansas he packed it in.

That was a pretty bad ankle injury he endured trying to help out our team there, nugget. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 09, 2016, 04:52:06 pm
O'Brien getting what he deserves! I love it... lol

This.
I must say, I'm getting a really unhealthy pleasure from Hoyer's performance, O'Bbrien's bewilderment, and the Texans' fans boos.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

clutch

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 09, 2016, 05:30:21 pm
Amazing he ran hard in that lsu game on senior night then huh? It was all about want to.

Late in the season, maybe the ankle finally felt a little better? Knile was a good hog. I don't think it's fair to speculate that he packed it in.

Maybe he did. I don't know. I try to forget that season. He was far from the only problem that year though.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

King Kong

Quote from: Slimac4 on January 09, 2016, 02:38:19 pm
Ware and West are just better than him. Knile never took advantage of his opportunities this year and get beat out.

He was very good last 2 year- when he played for Charles

hogsevenseven

The first time NFL playoffs have EVER started with a kickoff return for TD.

hoglady

I remember reading earlier this year - it was all about catching the ball out the backfield. The other running back was a better receiver - so he was getting the PT.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hview

Knile exploded on that KO return. Nobody was close to catching him.

PonderinHog

Chiefs fans are in no hurry to leave the stadium.

aredwolfrazorback

CBS just showed his highlight opening game kickoff return td.

STILL...

STILLLLLLLL

STIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

CALLLING HIM MOTHERCRAPPING KNILES!!!
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

GoldenCOHog

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on January 09, 2016, 06:55:54 pm
CBS just showed his highlight opening game kickoff return td.

STILL...

STILLLLLLLL

STIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

CALLLING HIM MOTHERCRAPPING KNILES!!!

Boomer is a butt nugget supreme. 

aredwolfrazorback

Quote from: GoldenCOHog on January 09, 2016, 06:57:26 pm
Boomer is a butt nugget supreme.

butt nugget supreme is as worthy of a plus 1 if there ever was something worthy of a plus 1.....remind me later.

ps...sorry for the caps. But dangit!!! it felt nice
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

31to6

Quote from: sickboy on January 09, 2016, 02:44:21 pm
Knile has what it takes to be a productive NFL back. He's shown it. He just went through a rough slump this year. I think Reid still like Davis.
Ok, here is the deal. The Chiefs coaching staff think Knile has huge upside athletically and they love his character and work ethic. However, they had to do so much tinkering with their O-Line that they are not able to run the kind of plays they had for him in previous seasons. The Chiefs are relying almost entirely on a zone blocking scheme, in part because the OL is held together with chewing gum and bailing wire and they have had to plug so many different players in to find a combination that worked. Lots and lots of NFL teams use zone blocking so it is easy to plug guys in.

Unfortunately for Knile, he is not the kind of runner who excels in that scheme because it requires the ability to make multiple cuts. He is a one-cut-and-go type back. They were disappointed in his production earlier in the season when he was getting some snaps but they had to do something to take the pressure off of Alex Smith to be responsible for keeping them out of 3rd and long situations because they had to throw the ball more than they want or expect him to take off on designed QB runs (which they try to limit to 1-2 per game). Losing WR/Flanker/Utility player Deanthony Thomas didn't help the situation either.

When Jamal Charles was injured it was imperative that they find a way to replicate what he could do with a shaky OL. Luckily, they had West on their practice squad and knew he was a similar type of runner and he seized the opportunity he was given and has been a productive (and at times explosive) back for them. They were able to pick up Ware who they also knew could plug into their running game, but provide a little more power than West.

Nobody has been talking about ball security with regard to Knile in a long time--and that is not something Andy Reid is bashful about talking about.