Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Darius Philon news

Started by Hoggiedawg, January 09, 2016, 09:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggiedawg

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's good to hear the Darius appears to be doing well with the Chargers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/14556/chargers-rookie-dl-darius-philon-fights-through-injury-shows-growth

It's always nice to see our former Hogs get good press!

hogwxld

Thanks for the link. Nice to see the Chargers looking at Jevonte Herndon too in the last game,

longtimeHogfan

Darius Philon is one of my favorite Hogs.  I sincerely hope he manages to rehab completely and settles in for the long haul in the NFL.  Deserving young man. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

kodiakisland

Quote from: hogwxld on January 09, 2016, 09:44:44 am
Thanks for the link. Nice to see the Chargers looking at Jevonte Herndon too in the last game,

Herndon got quite a bit more time than just the last game.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hoghappy

Herndon is an example of someone who just goes out and does his job and lets good things come to him. He wasn't our best receiver, but he is sticking in the NFL because he has found a good fit for him and is doing good work.

longpig

Can't help but think that Philon would've had a huge senior season (all conference/all american huge) gotten drafted higher and made in his first year what he'll make in 4.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: longpig on January 09, 2016, 01:25:20 pm
Can't help but think that Philon would've had a huge senior season (all conference/all american huge) gotten drafted higher and made in his first year what he'll make in 4.
You meant junior year! He was a redshirt sophomore!

bennyl08

Quote from: hoghappy on January 09, 2016, 11:17:41 am
Herndon is an example of someone who just goes out and does his job and lets good things come to him. He wasn't our best receiver, but he is sticking in the NFL because he has found a good fit for him and is doing good work.

He got into the NFL on his pro day alone though, I'd argue. At 6' 207 pounds, he put up 23 reps on the bench, ran a 4.44 forty, 6.87 3 cone, 4.34 20 yard shuttle, 9'10" broad jump, and a 34" vertical. That would be near the top of most combines. His lack of production at Arkansas I'd argue was largely out of his control. Adams, Hamilton, Wright and Childs ahead of him during the Petrino years, Smiley season where if you weren't wearing #11 you weren't getting the ball, then CBB's first year where the passing game wasn't clicking for anybody at the time.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pigsknuckles

Most here, including myself, rightly felt that he could have used another year at the college level before he entered the draft. Still, am glad to see how well he has progressed, and the respect he has already earned. Keep it up Darius. You are representing your alma mater well.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 09, 2016, 03:16:14 pm
He got into the NFL on his pro day alone though, I'd argue. At 6' 207 pounds, he put up 23 reps on the bench, ran a 4.44 forty, 6.87 3 cone, 4.34 20 yard shuttle, 9'10" broad jump, and a 34" vertical. That would be near the top of most combines. His lack of production at Arkansas I'd argue was largely out of his control. Adams, Hamilton, Wright and Childs ahead of him during the Petrino years, Smiley season where if you weren't wearing #11 you weren't getting the ball, then CBB's first year where the passing game wasn't clicking for anybody at the time.
I kept looking for him to get cut after week 15 he dropped a couple passes, and didn't field some punts he should have! Got benched from returns, if they had healthy bodies at WR he would have been benched! He in effect was, if you piss Rivers off he won't throw you the ball anymore!