Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BA to the Sr Bowl

Started by ricepig, January 08, 2016, 12:18:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

He should have been selected to begin with.  Very happy for him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

immahog

GREAT !!! he deserves it WOO PIG
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Cowboys wanted a closer look at him and since their staff will be coaching in the bowl.......
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 08, 2016, 12:22:04 pm
Cowboys wanted a closer look at him and since their staff will be coaching in the bowl.......

Aren't they coaching the North team?

Hogberry Snortcake

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2016, 12:39:36 pm
Aren't they coaching the North team?

I don't speculate on facts unless they support my opinion.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogfan14

Hope he and Jonathan get on the field at the same time. Would be neat.

yraciv

Nice! Wonder which QB backed out.

Hawgey-Davidson

Great for BA! Young man deserves it. Could not be happier for him!

PORKULATOR

He'll most likely be dominant in a game like this.  Excited to see him play some more.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

HOGINTENNESSEE

yraciv

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 08, 2016, 02:16:24 pm
He'll most likely be dominant in a game like this.  Excited to see him play some more.

Most likely? You do realize this is a game of all the best SR in the country.  Many good pro quarterbacks have done well in it and vice versa. It's more of a reward and chance to show NFL scouts what you have in practice, the game is kind of secondary.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

presidenthog

elksnort

Tyro3

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 08, 2016, 02:56:00 pm
Could really help him

A good chance to demo his skills ahead of, and to prepare for the combine. Great opportunity.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Congrats!
Very much earned.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

rzrbk4life

Congrats to BA! He's earned it
Let's call those hogs!!!!

oldbear

Definitely deserved. Big oversight by the people that put it together. Arkansas does have a bigger following than what we were given credit for in the interview I heard on Mattingly's show recently. There won't be any loss of viewers and upgrade of talent.

razorbackkid

Brandon Allen just seems to be one of those Quarterbacks that get better with time.  Hopefully the young man can write his own chapter within the history of the NFL. 

Good Luck and God Speed.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

TXArcher

Nice to see him get the opportunity, well deserved.

BigBrandonAllenFan

OPoraquê

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on January 09, 2016, 11:07:13 am

One thing that's interesting about this season's draft is that there are a couple of history-making quarterbacks at the lower levels, also redshirt seniors from the high school class of 2011 like BA.

Carson Wentz will also go to the Senior Bowl after being on the roster for a college-football-history-making-at-all-levels North Dakota State team that won its fifth consecutive national championship today.  Like last year, Wentz was the national championship game MVP, but this time he did so by coming back from an injury he'd suffered in the 8th game of the season.  4.0 student.  Some project him the #2 quarterback taken this season.  (The DMN ran a story on him called "Tony Romo's heir?" within the past day.)

Jason Vander Laan, whose draft stock is apparently on the rise, has won the last two Harlon Hill awards (DII Heisman) while at Ferris State, which finished 11-1 this season.  The guy also was part of history though on an individual level, setting the NCAA all-class rushing yardage record for a QB while also becoming the first NCAA QB at any level to both pass for 1,000+ yards and rush for 1,000+ yards all four years he played.  Like Allen and Wentz, a great student (3.7 GPA and William Campbell Award finalist).  May not play in the NFL as a QB.

Wentz' Missouri Valley Conference and Vander Laan's Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference are very strong in DI-AA and DII respectively, but they ain't the SEC West. (Who is?  :-\ ) I'm still amazed, though, at how much talent there ended up being in Allen's, Wentz', Vander Laan's, (Mariota's, Manziel's...), etc. high school class of 2011.

reddogjcss

Glad he got the invite, Brandon deserves it. Hope and wish him nothing but the best in NFL and life. GREAT YOUNG MAN!

Justagp

Great news! Brandon deserves this opportunity!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: presidenthog on January 08, 2016, 03:23:47 pm
He deserved this. thank god. I was really upset that he didn't get an invite before.
before?

PP

DeltaBoy

I hope Brandon  does great on the Next level.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.