Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Alex Collins Theory

Started by KennyForAD, January 06, 2016, 11:20:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Theory:  Alex Collins isn't really considering going pro.  This is just part of his Heisman Campaign, which began with him striking the Heisman pose in the bowl game.  Then BB started talking him up for Heisman.  By waiting to announce, his decision to return will make a news splash which will begin the 'official' Heisman Campaign.   All part of the plan.  If I am right, I expect Arkansas will promote him well, unlike McFadden's campaigns, in which Nutt yelled at a tv camera one time, and did nothing else.

No source.  No inside info.  I'm just on to 'em.  Bet

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 06, 2016, 11:20:05 pm
Theory:  Alex Collins isn't really considering going pro.  This is just part of his Heisman Campaign, which began with him striking the Heisman pose in the bowl game.  Then BB started talking him up for Heisman.  By waiting to announce, his decision to return will make a news splash which will begin the 'official' Heisman Campaign.   All part of the plan.  If I am right, I expect Arkansas will promote him well, unlike McFadden's campaigns, in which Nutt yelled at a tv camera one time, and did nothing else.

You will possibly get slammed for this post...but I'm looking for the "like" button to click.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

whippersnapper

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

KennyForAD

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 06, 2016, 11:27:19 pm
You will possibly get slammed for this post...but I'm looking for the "like" button to click.
)

Its Hogville.  Everyone gets slammed.  Pondering Hog has like a thousand smites.  Explain that.  Haha.   

Just a theory, but maybe its a good one.  If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time.

Großer Kriegschwein

The only thing I'm thinking is that Alex is at least sleeping on it tonight. That bodes well that at least he is giving it some serious thought.

Stay or go, he's a stud. I was seriously impressed with Cornelius, Morgan and Alex with that they went thru this year.

Go get a Cuban sammich relax a little bit is probably what he's doing.
This is my non-signature signature.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 06, 2016, 11:44:47 pm
The only thing I'm thinking is that Alex is at least sleeping on it tonight. That bodes well that at least he is giving it some serious thought.

Stay or go, he's a stud. I was seriously impressed with Cornelius, Morgan and Alex with that they went thru this year.

No doubt.  They really rose to the occasion.  fwiw, I would not mind if he goes early and makes a team.  We NEED stars to do that so that recruits see us as path to the NFL.  However, Collins would come back as a Heisman candidate.  A Heisman Campaign in BB's 4th year:  Priceless.

He WOULD be a frontrunner out of the gate.  On his quest to become the SEC all time leading rusher... over McFadden. Over Herschel Walker.   Pure gold.

clew

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 06, 2016, 11:50:54 pm
.He WOULD be a frontrunner out of the gate.  On his quest to become the SEC all time leading rusher... over McFadden. Over Herschel Walker.   Pure gold.

And likely be the all-time leading rusher and only 4-time 1,000 yard rusher ever in the SEC. Future RBs could only tie the 4x bit. Someone could break the total yardage in 4 years, but if they were on pace to do that they will probably go pro.
Pure as the dawn

KennyForAD

Quote from: clew on January 07, 2016, 12:06:03 am
And likely be the all-time leading rusher and only 4-time 1,000 yard rusher ever in the SEC. Future RBs could only tie the 4x bit. Someone could break the total yardage in 4 years, but if they were on pace to do that they will probably go pro.

A record that cannot be broken, and another that will likely stand for long, long time.  Had not thought of that one.  imaginary +1

The Boar War

Quote from: clew on January 07, 2016, 12:06:03 am

Only to be broken by the carnival-like 5-time 1,000 yard rusher. 

An injury prone back who rushed for a collective 1,000 yards in 5 years.

a0ashle

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 06, 2016, 11:20:05 pm

I think the best way for AC to improve his draft stock isn't with any of his skills, but with the hype/pub machine.

Nuttbashed

Alex would have to have almost exact same rushing stats next season as he had this season in order to break the all time SEC career rushing record. Not to say it wont happen but he will have more support with incoming freshman, return of RWIII and Kody Walker. Might be a stretch for him to get back to the 1500+ rushing yards next season. I bet he goes pro.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Nuttbashed on January 07, 2016, 08:34:31 am
Alex would have to have almost exact same rushing stats next season as he had this season in order to break the all time SEC career rushing record. Not to say it wont happen but he will have more support with incoming freshman, return of RWIII and Kody Walker. Might be a stretch for him to get back to the 1500+ rushing yards next season. I bet he goes pro.

So we should just play an extra game to help the cause.  In Atlanta perhaps
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

ricepig

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 06, 2016, 11:35:46 pm
)

Its Hogville.  Everyone gets slammed.  Pondering Hog has like a thousand smites.  Explain that.  Haha.   

Just a theory, but maybe its a good one.  If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time.

Ponderin is easy to explain, nobody likes him......as far as your theory, it is a theory.

HognVA

Christian McCaffrey will be an overwhelming favorite for Heisman next year.

bphi11ips

I just think he loves Arkansas and is having a hard time breaking up.  It will be an emotional day for him no matter when the time comes.

He has a week to think about it.  No need to rush.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bob slydell

Quote from: HognVA on January 07, 2016, 08:40:08 am

If McCaffrey is indeed the favorite, Deshaun Watson won't be very far behind. And if Watson has a spectacular NCG, I would suggest that he would be the overwhelming favorite over McCaffrey.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

BR

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 06, 2016, 11:50:54 pm
No doubt.  They really rose to the occasion.  fwiw, I would not mind if he goes early and makes a team.  We NEED stars to do that so that recruits see us as path to the NFL.  However, Collins would come back as a Heisman candidate.  A Heisman Campaign in BB's 4th year:  Priceless.

He WOULD be a frontrunner out of the gate.  On his quest to become the SEC all time leading rusher... over McFadden. Over Herschel Walker.   Pure gold.
1. RB Leonard Fournette, Jr. LSU
2. RB Dalvin Cook, Jr. Florida State
3. RB Christian McCaffrey, Jr. Stanford
4.QB Deshaun Watson, Jr. Clemson
5.RB Nick Chubb, Jr. Georgia
6. RB Alex Collins,  Sr. Arkansas
7. QB Seth Russell, Jr. Baylor
8. QB Greg Ward Jr., Sr. Houston
9.QB J.T. Barrett, Jr. Ohio State
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

KennyForAD

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2016, 08:39:30 am
Ponderin is easy to explain, nobody likes him......as far as your theory, it is a theory.

So is gravity.   

code red

I understand there would be Heisman Hype for Collins next year.  I agree that he is completely capable of being a Heisman hopefully....but.  I don't think we will be built to challenge for the SEC West next year.  Which is why McFadden lost in my humble opinion.  The offensive line is going to be a work in progress.  How quickly will they gel???  Who knows.  Quarterback is a question mark as well.  If Collins stays he will add some stability on offense....that goes without saying.  To win it....he needs to be playing afternoon games on CBS....every week.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SemperHawg

Quote from: code red on January 07, 2016, 10:40:57 am
I understand if there is Heisman Hype for Collins next year.  I agree that he is completely capable of being a Heisman hopefully....but.  I don't think we will be built to challenge for the SEC West next year.  Which is why McFadden lost in my humble opinion.  The offensive line is going to be a work in progress.  How quickly will they gel???  Who knows.  Quarterback is a question mark as well.  If Collins stays he will add some stability on offense....that goes without saying.  To win it....he needs to be playing afternoon games on CBS....every week.
If CFB outlaws the horse collar tackle one year sooner I think DMAC walks away with the Heisman.  It was the only way a lot of defenders could even bring him down, and knicked him up on more than one occasion.

UAfanatic

He's only a frontrunner out of the gate if the whole team can start out of the gate, and not have a slow start..
We need to be ranked high from early in the season.
we need to have a 10 win season at least to have a Heisman.

The best player on a great team beats the best player on a medium team.

Dwight_K_Shrute

My theory is that Alex is monitoring Hogville to see how many different threads are started regarding him staying or going.  Now you may think the more threads the better, but that's not actually the case.  AC favors simplicity so when he sees multiple threads started about the same topic he thinks "Jeez, really?  You couldn't have just put your thought in one of the other half dozen threads about it?  I don't have time for this I'm going pro"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

UAfanatic

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 07, 2016, 11:02:25 am
My theory is that Alex is monitoring Hogville to see how many different threads are started regarding him staying or going.  Now you may think the more threads the better, but that's not actually the case.  AC favors simplicity so when he sees multiple threads started about the same topic he thinks "Jeez, really?  You couldn't have just put your thought in one of the other half dozen threads about it?  I don't have time for this I'm going pro"

I hate merged threads.. every thread has a different personality and trails off to places never intended.. when a thread drops off the front page, I never see it again.. and that's where it belongs in the not so important any more pile. just because the titles are similar doesn't mean that the threads are the same..

I may be alone, but thread police annoy me.

WizardofhOgZ

Barring injury, it's his.  Hell, most of the media seems to think he should have gotten it this year and almost act as if he did.

And the media LOVES Stanford . . . academics . . . "the tree" . . . "the farm" . . .

I loves me some AC, and selfishly would be pleased if he came back.  As a fan.  But I expect him to go onto the NFL, and that's what I'd advise if he were my son (unless I had "Jerry Jones money"!)

PonderinHog

I'll tell you what's gonna undermine this whole Alex Collins Returns to Arkansas theory.  Alex and PonderinHog are very close, personal friends.  He's very upset about PonderinHog's mistreatment in this thread and if something isn't done quick, he's gonna either go pro or return for his senior season.  Consider yourselves warned!  You little people are treading on dangerous ground. 

UAfanatic

So is that a picture of the ponderer or the thinker..

I always thought that pondering was where thinking and dreaming met.

Tejano Jawg

Many times, the one who wins the Heisman is a player people weren't thinking about when the season started. However, I'm not sure there'll be any stronger opinion about it than McCaffrey next year.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

code red

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 07, 2016, 10:45:09 am
If CFB outlaws the horse collar tackle one year sooner I think DMAC walks away with the Heisman.  It was the only way a lot of defenders could even bring him down, and knicked him up on more than one occasion.
Very true.....and they took away what?  3 yds vs SC???
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: BR on January 07, 2016, 09:06:13 am
1. RB Leonard Fournette, Jr. LSU
2. RB Dalvin Cook, Jr. Florida State
3. RB Christian McCaffrey, Jr. Stanford
4.QB Deshaun Watson, Jr. Clemson
5.RB Nick Chubb, Jr. Georgia
6. RB Alex Collins,  Sr. Arkansas
7. QB Seth Russell, Jr. Baylor
8. QB Greg Ward Jr., Sr. Houston
9.QB J.T. Barrett, Jr. Ohio State
This is really all that needs to be posted.  He needs to go.  This is the year.   

KennyForAD

January 07, 2016, 11:27:17 am #32 Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:11:19 pm by KennyForAD
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 07, 2016, 11:02:25 am

Thats no theory.  Mine is theory - like gravity.  Yours ... just a hypothesis. :)

KennyForAD

January 07, 2016, 11:30:51 am #33 Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:13:48 pm by KennyForAD
Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2016, 11:11:55 am
I'll tell you what's gonna undermine this whole Alex Collins Returns to Arkansas theory.  Alex and PonderinHog are very close, personal friends.  He's very upset about PonderinHog's mistreatment in this thread and if something isn't done quick, he's gonna either go pro or return for his senior season.  Consider yourselves warned!  You little people are treading on dangerous ground. 

The only thing you have in common with Alex Collins, is that you both claim to be pondering...

code red

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 07, 2016, 11:09:47 am
Barring injury, it's his.  Hell, most of the media seems to think he should have gotten it this year and almost act as if he did.

And the media LOVES Stanford . . . academics . . . "the tree" . . . "the farm" . . .

I loves me some AC, and selfishly would be pleased if he came back.  As a fan.  But I expect him to go onto the NFL, and that's what I'd advise if he were my son (unless I had "Jerry Jones money"!)
Agreed and look at the last 5 Heisman winners. Bama, Oregon, FSU, A&M, Baylor

PonderinHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 07, 2016, 11:30:51 am
This is why no one likes you, PH.
I was gonna work on that in the off season, Kenny.  Now, it's too late and it's not my fault!

Iwastherein1969

Leonard Fournette's chances will diminish quite a lot....why ?  Because Leslie almost lost his job by trying to win the Heisman with Fournette running the ball oh, I'm guessing more than 50% of the plays that were called. The Leonard Fournette right, Leonard Fournette left and Leonard Fournette up the middle became so predictable that even our defense shut LSU down. Leslie will be forced to 'open up' the offense next year which means Fournette will get quite a few less carries. So you can X Fournette's name off the list. As for the little guy at Stanford, all it would take is one solid hit and he's out for several games with his chances gone. Past that, its anybody's shot and dare I say, #3 with the Hogs would be right there with his consistency to pick up the pieces along with the 2016 Heisman Trophy.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If he was in the top 2 for Heisman I'd say stay because you have a good chance of winning it.  While that alone may not improve your draft stock, even if your career doesn't pan out you can make $'s off of all those Heisman House commercials.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

pondwater jack

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2016, 11:11:55 am

I'd like to publically opologise to ponderin on behalf of ALL of Hogville, whom I speak for.  Every last one of them.  I am sorry.  I hope this makes AC decision a bit, shall we say, easier.

PWJ
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

PonderinHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 07, 2016, 11:47:04 am
I'd like to publically opologise to ponderin on behalf of ALL of Hogville, whom I speak for.  Every last one of them.  I am sorry.  I hope this makes AC decision a bit, shall we say, easier.

PWJ
I will relay this late breaking information to Alex and our team of advisors for consideration.  Real damage has been done here, folks.  Real damage!

KennyForAD

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2016, 11:35:07 am
I was gonna work on that in the off season, Kenny.  Now, it's too late and it's not my fault!

You plus Alex Collins = Two Ponderin Hogs

LRHawg

Quote from: IronHog on January 06, 2016, 11:33:35 pm
Nutt heisman campaign

http://youtu.be/QBXR-46HpOg

Dare you not to laugh

It's bittersweet. I thought that moment was hilarious at the time, cause I Thought he was going to win it and everyone would remember the little bat.

Now we just remember the snub. *sigh*

KennyForAD

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 07, 2016, 11:47:04 am

PWJ

Well that does it.  Looks like a full on invasion of tavernites.   Finally, a well reasoned and thoughtful thread, full of wisdom and insight comes along... and y'all just couldn't leave it alone, could ya?

bphi11ips

Quote from: code red on January 07, 2016, 11:26:54 am
This is really all that needs to be posted.  He needs to go.  This is the year.   

My thought exactly when I looked at that list, and the Heisman has nothing to do with it.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

IronHog

Quote from: LRHawg on January 07, 2016, 12:19:58 pm
It's bittersweet. I thought that moment was hilarious at the time, cause I Thought he was going to win it and everyone would remember the little bat.

Now we just remember the snub. *sigh*

Just funny to watch Nutt go full Reverend mode.

DMac ready to play another 4 quarters.  Never broke a sweat.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: code red on January 07, 2016, 11:21:55 am
Very true.....and they took away what?  3 yds vs SC???

He got horse collared like every other game. He played the SEC championship and Cap One bowl with a limp

MJ2

I think AC is headed for playin on Sunday, which is exactly what they all work towards in the first place.    A college degree can wait.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: MJ2 on January 07, 2016, 01:59:46 pm
I think AC is headed for playin on Sunday, which is exactly what they all work towards in the first place.    A college degree can wait.
Which game is Sunday?

GoldenCOHog

I could really get onboard with this narrative had I not watched Christian McCaffrey play the other night. 

Dude.

McKdaddy

Dudley spoke at our Tulsa Razorback Club in early November.  He felt AC would go pro, in part due to pressure to provide financially for family.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin