Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB on Finebaum Filmroom

Started by spearman88, January 06, 2016, 03:24:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spearman88

Coach B will be on Finebaum Filmroom Monday night during the championship game along with Greg and Booger,  per Finebaum Twitter.  Sorry I don't know how to link the tweet.  More free pub for the Hogs!

Nosboar Accubond

FreshHog

nice, busy day for coach, he's also on SEC Nation.

TrueBlue

Great! Greg and Bielema's Booger.

on second thought, maybe I read that wrong...

razorbackkid

Coach B. brings a lot of entertain value and it seems he is liked in general.  Probably wouldn't hurt the rating any if he brought Jen along with him.

I'll be watching regardless.  Woo Pig!  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Good publicity and Coach B always does well. Why not Freeze, Mullen, Sumlin, Stoops, Malazahn, or Swamp Donkey?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 06, 2016, 06:18:00 pm
Good publicity and Coach B always does well. Why not Freeze, Mullen, Sumlin, Stoops, Malazahn, or Swamp Donkey?

Because Coach B has higher entertainment value!  I'll be watching for sure with him on, not any of the others...

reddogjcss

Long and Coach B has gotten our program lots of publicity! GREAT,,

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: spearman88 on January 06, 2016, 03:24:23 pm
Coach B will be on Finebaum Filmroom Monday night during the championship game along with Greg and Booger,  per Finebaum Twitter.  Sorry I don't know how to link the tweet.  More free pub for the Hogs!

I hope he keeps his big mouth shut... And doesn't embarrass the program.  >:(

/s

(I love this... I will definitely be watching! Wooo Pig! :razorback:)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 06, 2016, 07:20:47 pm
Because Coach B has higher entertainment value!  I'll be watching for sure with him on, not any of the others...

Exactly. No one wants to watch those tools
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Großer Kriegschwein

I've listened to Stoops and he's got some personality. But he is firmly in the hot seat.
This is my non-signature signature.

redeye

Are they going to discuss the game as it's being played?

Anyone know what it's about?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: redeye on January 07, 2016, 12:04:08 am
Are they going to discuss the game as it's being played?

Anyone know what it's about?

You answered it with the first question. I will tune in to this version just to hear Coach B and great exposure during the height of recruiting season.

redeye

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 07, 2016, 12:11:42 am
You answered it with the first question. I will tune in to this version just to hear Coach B and great exposure during the height of recruiting season.

Yea, it sounds like a bearable way to follow the game.

Thanks buddy!

deedster84

I'd like to hear CBB watching a game with no editing. Bet it would be entertaining.

Rolltide4ever

I really enjoyed Coached " B " on the SEC Champion Game Pre-Game Show.
He was great and really added to the show from a coaching stand point.
And he was spot on when we said that the Alabama front 4 was the best front 4 he had seen in college football in years. In his own way ( with out just coming out and saying it point blank ) anyone could tell he knew Florida was facing a uphill battle that night against Alabama's front 4.  I know as a active coach in the SEC West he had to be careful in what he said and how he said it ( understand that ). Like he said in that Pre-Game show that night Arkansas led in the Alabama - Arkansas game for 3 1/2 quarters
and just a couple plays on defense and offense cost Arkansas the game. He even stated that the Bama players rotation late in the game made a huge impact late in the game.
I look forward to hearing from Coach " B "  on Jan 11th and bringing his point of view to the game.  Also to all the Hog Fans here on Hogville I feel Coach " B " and his coaching staff did a great job the final 6 games to get his team into a bowl game and to get that extra practice time for that bowl game. It seems every year he has made some kind of improvements to the over all football program. They were half a quarter from beating Alabama that night in BDS, if that game had been played later in the season I am not so sure Alabama would have won that game. I sure would not have wanted to play the Arkansas team I watched go blow for blow on Nov 7th against Ole Miss that night in Oxford. That Arkansas team would have beat Alabama that night in BDS.
We shut down 4-Nette 4-Heisman that very night and I feel Arkansas took that Bama win against LSU and used it as a blue print to beat LSU later on. Arkansas coaches saw what Bama did and they saw the LSU QB struggle to pass the ball to try help to set up a running game at all. Arkansas had the defense to stop LSU's running game and winning it 31-14
was a great statement to the SEC west. And the 1 point loss to Miss.State was heart breaking for the Razorback football team 51-50. But the 2 OT wins this year against Auburn and Ole Miss. were huge. The Ole Miss. fans and coaches somewhat did not take Arkansas or BA for real in the passing game. BA showed me and the rest of the entire nation that the young man was tough and a real leader on the field. I found a lot of respect for BA that night in the OT win against Ole Miss. Then in the Liberty Bowl Game Against Bill Snyder and his KSU team, that was a great win for Arkansas and
Coach " B " should be able to build off this season and the great win over KSU and hopefully this will carry over into recruiting for the Razorbacks and maybe land Arkansas another Alex Collins for ya'll. That kid is something else to watch with yards after contact so is the Walker young man as well. I know there were some tough games lost this season and Coach " B " and staff did a great job in keeping this team together after the heart breaking 4 point loss to Toledo. A lot of coaches would have lost their team after a loss like that. And the Tennesseee win in Knoxville was huge. Just look at what Tennessee did to Bama in BDS, it took a last minute drive by Bama for Bama to regain the lead and a great defensive stand and take away to preserve the win.
And all Alabama fans owe a huge Thank You to the Razorback Football Team for beating Ole Miss and getting Bama into the SECCG and into the 1st round game against MSU. If not for the Hogs victory in Oxford that night Ole Miss would have been playing in that SECCG and Bama would never have been in the Cotton Bowl against MSU. But I think Bama did a great job in upholding the SEC West in beating the Big Ten Champion ( shutting them down ) and really making the entire SEC West look how strong the SEC West still is. Late in the 4th quarter the Bama fans were cheering SEC , SEC , and saying Thank You Hogs , Thank You Hogs . Not sure they showed it on ESPN. But the Bama fans were thanking the Hogs for the chance to play in the Cotton Bowl game that night against MSU. Not sure how the Hog Nation is feeling about Coach " B " right now and the 8-5 season he pulled off this season but to me the Hog nation should be very proud of the 2015 Razorbacks and Coach " B " .
Have seen  a lot of post on Hogville about Coach " B " not being able to beat Saban but 1 thing the Hog Fans should remember not many coaches have beat Saban 2 times in a row much less even once. Even Les Miles and Urban Myer have struggled to even beat Saban so it's not as if Coach " B " is all alone in his failure to beat Saban.
Look at Butch Jones ,Dan Mullins , Mark Richt , Jim McElwain , Will Chuschamp ( when at Florida as HC and Auburn as DC )  Kevin Sumlin, Mark Dantonio ( has only scored 7 points on Saban in scoring it's 87 - 7 since the 2010 Capital One Bowl Game )
Even the great Gus Malzahn has struggled against Saban, and I remember when Gus came back to Auburn as the HC the Auburn fans were all running their mouth how with Gus back Alabama would be lucky to win a single game as long as Gus was there. Well Guz has now lost 2 ( Bama ) since the kick 6 game in 2013. But Auburn finished the year with a 2-6 SEC record dead last in the West, same as Kentucky finished the year with a 2-6 in the SEC East.
With Auburn having a final 2-6 record in the SEC. Finishing only tied with Vandy and Kentucky and ahead of Missuori and South Carolina in the East. Not so sure Gus will make it much longer on the " The Plains " if he keeps on having the type of seasons he has had the past 2 seasons. The Auburn nation may soon find themselves in the market for a new head coach. But I feel " Coach " B " has done well for the Razorbacks for the past few years. And finishing this season strong with a very good win over KSU goes a long way in helping the program in recruiting for this year.

This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.
Kept in the wallet of Paul William Bryant.

hoglady

In this dumbed down, PC, Stepford world we live in - where individualism is many times frowned upon (unless it's PC individualism) - Coach B can be a breath of fresh air. So what if he says things occasionally that folks don't like - at least he speaks his mind. Wish more folks weren't afraid to do the same.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

razrken

I am glad he is a permanent host on these shows, because he will never be in the game

Sivad

You can't help but like Coach B. And it's more good exposure for our program. WooPig.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: razrken on January 07, 2016, 11:58:27 am
I am glad he is a permanent host on these shows, because he will never be in the game

You should wear a helmet when you post.

deedster84

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 07, 2016, 12:30:02 pm
Foil hats are the usual norm for those people.

code red

That should be fun....two polar opposites in McElroy and CBB.   McElroy talks too much...would love to see CBB on there drinking a Bud Light and shooting the bull.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Rolltide4ever on January 07, 2016, 11:15:50 am
I really enjoyed Coached " B " on the SEC Champion Game Pre-Game Show.
He was great and really added to the show from a coaching stand point.
And he was spot on when we said that the Alabama front 4 was the best front 4 he had seen in college football in years. In his own way ( with out just coming out and saying it point blank ) anyone could tell he knew Florida was facing a uphill battle that night against Alabama's front 4.  I know as a active coach in the SEC West he had to be careful in what he said and how he said it ( understand that ). Like he said in that Pre-Game show that night Arkansas led in the Alabama - Arkansas game for 3 1/2 quarters
and just a couple plays on defense and offense cost Arkansas the game. He even stated that the Bama players rotation late in the game made a huge impact late in the game.
I look forward to hearing from Coach " B "  on Jan 11th and bringing his point of view to the game.  Also to all the Hog Fans here on Hogville I feel Coach " B " and his coaching staff did a great job the final 6 games to get his team into a bowl game and to get that extra practice time for that bowl game. It seems every year he has made some kind of improvements to the over all football program. They were half a quarter from beating Alabama that night in BDS, if that game had been played later in the season I am not so sure Alabama would have won that game. I sure would not have wanted to play the Arkansas team I watched go blow for blow on Nov 7th against Ole Miss that night in Oxford. That Arkansas team would have beat Alabama that night in BDS.
We shut down 4-Nette 4-Heisman that very night and I feel Arkansas took that Bama win against LSU and used it as a blue print to beat LSU later on. Arkansas coaches saw what Bama did and they saw the LSU QB struggle to pass the ball to try help to set up a running game at all. Arkansas had the defense to stop LSU's running game and winning it 31-14
was a great statement to the SEC west. And the 1 point loss to Miss.State was heart breaking for the Razorback football team 51-50. But the 2 OT wins this year against Auburn and Ole Miss. were huge. The Ole Miss. fans and coaches somewhat did not take Arkansas or BA for real in the passing game. BA showed me and the rest of the entire nation that the young man was tough and a real leader on the field. I found a lot of respect for BA that night in the OT win against Ole Miss. Then in the Liberty Bowl Game Against Bill Snyder and his KSU team, that was a great win for Arkansas and
Coach " B " should be able to build off this season and the great win over KSU and hopefully this will carry over into recruiting for the Razorbacks and maybe land Arkansas another Alex Collins for ya'll. That kid is something else to watch with yards after contact so is the Walker young man as well. I know there were some tough games lost this season and Coach " B " and staff did a great job in keeping this team together after the heart breaking 4 point loss to Toledo. A lot of coaches would have lost their team after a loss like that. And the Tennesseee win in Knoxville was huge. Just look at what Tennessee did to Bama in BDS, it took a last minute drive by Bama for Bama to regain the lead and a great defensive stand and take away to preserve the win.
And all Alabama fans owe a huge Thank You to the Razorback Football Team for beating Ole Miss and getting Bama into the SECCG and into the 1st round game against MSU. If not for the Hogs victory in Oxford that night Ole Miss would have been playing in that SECCG and Bama would never have been in the Cotton Bowl against MSU. But I think Bama did a great job in upholding the SEC West in beating the Big Ten Champion ( shutting them down ) and really making the entire SEC West look how strong the SEC West still is. Late in the 4th quarter the Bama fans were cheering SEC , SEC , and saying Thank You Hogs , Thank You Hogs . Not sure they showed it on ESPN. But the Bama fans were thanking the Hogs for the chance to play in the Cotton Bowl game that night against MSU. Not sure how the Hog Nation is feeling about Coach " B " right now and the 8-5 season he pulled off this season but to me the Hog nation should be very proud of the 2015 Razorbacks and Coach " B " .
Have seen  a lot of post on Hogville about Coach " B " not being able to beat Saban but 1 thing the Hog Fans should remember not many coaches have beat Saban 2 times in a row much less even once. Even Les Miles and Urban Myer have struggled to even beat Saban so it's not as if Coach " B " is all alone in his failure to beat Saban.
Look at Butch Jones ,Dan Mullins , Mark Richt , Jim McElwain , Will Chuschamp ( when at Florida as HC and Auburn as DC )  Kevin Sumlin, Mark Dantonio ( has only scored 7 points on Saban in scoring it's 87 - 7 since the 2010 Capital One Bowl Game )
Even the great Gus Malzahn has struggled against Saban, and I remember when Gus came back to Auburn as the HC the Auburn fans were all running their mouth how with Gus back Alabama would be lucky to win a single game as long as Gus was there. Well Guz has now lost 2 ( Bama ) since the kick 6 game in 2013. But Auburn finished the year with a 2-6 SEC record dead last in the West, same as Kentucky finished the year with a 2-6 in the SEC East.
With Auburn having a final 2-6 record in the SEC. Finishing only tied with Vandy and Kentucky and ahead of Missuori and South Carolina in the East. Not so sure Gus will make it much longer on the " The Plains " if he keeps on having the type of seasons he has had the past 2 seasons. The Auburn nation may soon find themselves in the market for a new head coach. But I feel " Coach " B " has done well for the Razorbacks for the past few years. And finishing this season strong with a very good win over KSU goes a long way in helping the program in recruiting for this year.

Nice post.
Very respectful.

BTW, bring the hardware home and complete the SEC domination.
;)
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hoglady on January 07, 2016, 11:22:45 am
In this dumbed down, PC, Stepford world we live in - where individualism is many times frowned upon (unless it's PC individualism) - Coach B can be a breath of fresh air. So what if he says things occasionally that folks don't like - at least he speaks his mind. Wish more folks weren't afraid to do the same.

This times infinity.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Torqued pork

Quote from: code red on January 07, 2016, 12:35:23 pm
That should be fun....two polar opposites in McElroy and CBB.   McElroy talks too much...would love to see CBB on there drinking a Bud Light and shooting the bull.
You think McElroy talks too much, but Bret will be great at it? Ooookay

code red

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 07, 2016, 12:51:25 pm
You think McElroy talks too much, but Bret will be great at it? Ooookay
McElroy is a little too technical.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 06, 2016, 10:27:34 pm
I've listened to Stoops and he's got some personality. But he is firmly in the hot seat.
Not to anyone that matters.

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on January 07, 2016, 01:44:41 pm
McElroy is a little too technical.

It is not so much that he is too technical, it is that his style of talking can sound mechanical, especially when breaking down film. When he is just talking with the other analysts he is pretty good.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig In The City

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 06, 2016, 07:44:03 pm
I hope he keeps his big mouth shut... And doesn't embarrass the program

/s

(I love this... I will definitely be watching! Wooo Pig! :razorback:)

duckman

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 07, 2016, 12:30:02 pm

I wonder if he takes it off to eat his tater tots?

Rolltide4ever

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 07, 2016, 12:42:58 pm
Nice post.
Very respectful.

BTW, bring the hardware home and complete the SEC domination.
;)

Thank You for your kind words SooiecidetillNuttgone . I hope Bama can bring home the hardware this year. Would love it for the SEC West ( whom according to the talking heads, the SEC is dead , done for , and is no longer as tough as they once were , and the West has no real QB's anymore ,  Ole Miss has beaten Bama 2 years in a row - " The Dynasty At Alabama Is Dead " . The Big 10 is the best conference in football , hands down , All Praise The Great Urban Myer everyone must bow to the MYER ! ! !  If the northern sports writers had their way , No Southern team would ever have a NC , EVER, ) 
This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.
Kept in the wallet of Paul William Bryant.