Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unofficial Hogville Coaching Staff Final Season Grades....

Started by HogMantheIntruder, January 05, 2016, 07:18:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

January 05, 2016, 07:18:28 pm Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:31:59 pm by Poppa Tart
I don't want to take recruiting into account on this one. I'm going to do a separate one in the Recruiting Forum, and I will post the results of each, along with an average of the two after NSD.  I've tried to make sure the brackets are far enough apart so that it's easy to Quote, or copy and paste, and still be able to get the cursor in the right spot on a smart phone.
PLEASE make commentary outside of the brackets.  Here we go...

Please use a letter grade (A-F).  +'s and -'s will be taken into account for the final average.

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {    ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[   ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [   ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [   ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [   ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [   ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [   ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [   ]

Michael Smith, WR  [   ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [   ]

*Because of all the hard feelings, Pittman's grade will be separate from the staff as a whole, so as not to negatively affect the entire staff's grade (which I know is probably the most important thing to them aside from maybe a NC).
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Dr. Starcs

Bret Bielema, Head Coach
Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB  [A ]
Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [C+]
Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [A]
Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [B-]
Clay Jennings, DB  [B-]
Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A]
Rory Segrest, DL/ST  [B-]
Michael Smith, WR  [A]

*Sam Pittman, OL 

I gave Coach B a B, not sure why its not showing.

thebignasty

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 05, 2016, 07:25:57 pm
Bret Bielema, Head Coach [ B]
Clay Jennings, DB  [B-]
Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A]
Michael Smith, WR  [A]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B]

Fixed it for ya

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 05, 2016, 07:25:57 pm
Bret Bielema, Head Coach
Clay Jennings, DB  [B-]
Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A]
Michael Smith, WR  [A]

*Sam Pittman, OL 

Your B in brackets is initiating the bold feature.

bp

SultanofSwine

Offense gets a B
Defense gets a C-
Place kicking portion of ST gets a D- / rest gets a B

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: BorderPatrol on January 05, 2016, 07:29:57 pm
Your B in brackets is initiating the bold feature.

bp
Whoops. Should be working now.  The coaches are supposed to be in bold, actually, but I didn't take into account that the opening bold doesn't have a /.  Good call on that.
   -Harry Solomon

PorkRinds

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {  B ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[   A-]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C  ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ A   ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [   B ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [  C ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A  ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [  C ]

Michael Smith, WR  [  A ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [   B ]

Boardon Hamsay

Bret Bielema, Head Coach [ B-]
Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB  [A-]
Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [C-]
Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [B+]
Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [C]
Clay Jennings, DB  [C]
Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A]
Rory Segrest, DL/ST  [C]
Michael Smith, WR  [A]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B]

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

thebignasty

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 05, 2016, 07:18:28 pm
I don't want to take recruiting into account on this one. I'm going to do a separate one in the Recruiting Forum, and I will post the results of each, along with an average of the two after NSD.  I've tried to make sure the brackets are far enough apart so that it's easy to Quote, or copy and paste, and still be able to get the cursor in the right spot on a smart phone.

Please use a letter grade (A-F).  +'s and -'s will be taken into account for the final average.

Bret Bielema, Head Coach [   B  ] getting Enos huge, consistent lack of emphasis on competent special teams starts here, cost at least one game. As a d minded coach, defense struggles a concern.

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[ a-   ]  early season red zone and running woes only reason this isn't higher. Amazing work with BA

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ c   ] major step back disappointing

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [  a  ] Good job juggling injuries with little depth, AC clearly improved, fumbles fixed

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [  c- ]Ellis experiment a failure, Greenlaw has an impressive freshman campaign despite looking lost half the time.

Clay Jennings, DB  [  c-  ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ a   ] coaching HH is an easy gig, but sprinkle really coming on too shows worth

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ b-   ] dline strength of d, punter okay, kicking game disappointing

Michael Smith, WR  [  a+ ] overcame a ton of injuries and departures, and still had most improved unit.

*Sam Pittman, OL  [  b- ] line came together slow, field goal protections hurt too. Yet,  Oline one of the better units in country by end of season.
[/b]
*Because of all the hard feelings, Pittman's grade will be separate from the staff as a whole, so as not to negatively affect the entire staff's grade (which I know is probably the most important thing to them aside from maybe a NC).

Jek Tono Porkins

I don't know enough about football to give grades to everyone. What I do know is that Jemal Singleton gets an A+. The main reason Singleton was brought in was to improve ball security. We were #2 in the nation in fumbles lost per game this year (lower is better) when last year we were like 100something. Alex Collins lost 4 fumbles last year as opposed to 2 this year...and that's with about 70 more carries. Singleton is doing his job well.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

daydreamer

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {  B  ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[  A- ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C-  ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [  B ] 'A+' on RB but 'D' as STC; Horrible Special Teams!

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ B-  ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [  D]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A   ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [  C+ ] DL was good but horrible special teams!

Michael Smith, WR  [ A+  ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B+  ]

"You haven't done anything today if your still talking about yesterday" - Lou Holtz 1978, Hog Locker room exit tunnel.

AugustaHog

Bret Bielema, Head Coach  [  B- ] He finished strong which salvaged the grade.  Can't forget a loss to Toledo and choking away TAMU and Miss St.  Going 3-1 on the road in the SEC is damn good though.

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB  [  A++++ ]   This was probably the best O we've had in my lifetime.  We were elite in both phases and defenses rarely got a bead on us.
Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [   F]  I don't want to say anything because it won't be nice.
Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ B+  ]  AC dominated and Kody and RWIII supported him.  Fumbles were not an issue.
Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [  D ]  The flashes from Dre are all that saved him from an F. It's not entirely his fault as its his first year working with them and depth is already poor.  Brooks regressed greatly and nobody else stepped up.
Clay Jennings, DB  [ C-  ]  Scheme really prevented much success.  All in all they did not wow and gave up horrible passing totals.
Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [  A ] Sprink is a stud and he had the Mackey winner.  Nuff said. 
Rory Segrest, DL/ST  [ C  ]  Pressure came later in the year.  Tons of talent that never lived up to the hype getting into the backfield.  Run D wasn't terrible.
Michael Smith, WR  [ A+  ]  Injuries should have scuttled the year but CMS kept plugging in guys who played like studs.  Morgan, Reed, and JRed were awesome. 

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B  ]  He'd get an A if we could wipe out everything before TAMU.  Softness vs Toledo and Tech lower him some. 

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 05, 2016, 07:29:53 pm
Offense gets a B
Defense gets a C-
Place kicking portion of ST gets a D- / rest gets a B

The most efficient offense in the nation gets a B?

choppedporkextrasauce

HogMantheIntruder

Bret Bielema, Head Coach { C+   ]  The Toledo/TT losses are hard to forgive, even with how we finished.

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB [ A+ ]  Hard to argue against anything below an A.  Exceptional job, and the best, most complete offense I have seen at Arkansas since Clint Stoerner was taking snaps.  No, I have not forgotten about Petrino. 

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ D ]  I realize we lost most of our talent from last year, but we didn't just take a step back this year, we watched one side of the ball get abused pretty much all season.  Sure, there was some improvement, but not enough. If he hadn't done what he did last year, I would give him an F, but I know that it wasn't lack of scheming or effort on his part.

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ C  ]  Yes, a C.  I literally JUST found out that he is our Special Teams Coordinator (A for running backs/ F for special teams- overall grade is a C).

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ B ]  I have never seen a thinner LB corpse like the one he had to work with.  I gave him a B because of the development of Dre Greenlaw. 

Clay Jennings, DB  [ D ]  I did see some improvement in the secondary by the end of the season.

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A+ ]  Hard to argue when you produce the best Tight End in the country, along with one of next year's Mackey Awards finalists.

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ C ]  I gave him a B for the way the DL improved over the season, but he is involved with special teams, which I cannot forgive.

Michael Smith, WR  [ A+]  Amazing how much improvement we saw in our WR this year.  CDE had to have guys step up, and Michael's boys did... BIG TIME.  Fantastic job this season. 

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ D ]  That's mostly sour grapes, but the line did underperform at the beginning of the season.  Plus, screw him and his heterosexual life partner, Chaney.
   -Harry Solomon

Biggus Piggus

Since we're grading the Hogville coaching staff, I was a pretty good coach.
[CENSORED]!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 05, 2016, 08:19:31 pm
Oh my God; you're right, and I'm a bit of a grammar nazi.   :puke:
   -Harry Solomon

stahawg

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {    ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[   ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [   ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [   ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [   ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [   ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [   ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [   ]

Michael Smith, WR  [   ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [   ]

stupid post!

reddogjcss

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {    B] Great except Special Teams, BUCK STOPS HERE

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[A   ] Love our Offense

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C] Hope he didn't get all there was out of DB

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [   A]  Special Teams F- Worse in all of football

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [   B] Think he got everything from LB

Clay Jennings, DB  [  C ]  Think they should have been more aggressive

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [   A+} Great Job

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ B ] Special Teams F- worse in all football

Michael Smith, WR  [ A  ]  Great Job

*Sam Pittman, OL  [  B] Couldn't block early in year

Special Team (F-) Never seen a worse ST in history of football.

Pig In The City

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 05, 2016, 07:39:08 pm
Beliema B+

Enos A-

R. Smith- D-. Defense was bad and did not improve over the course of the season. Players out of position. Playing to soft of coverage. Middle of the field wide open. Staying in base defense way too much without bringing pressure. D line not getting pressure. Was just bad. Just this past Saturday they made a reciever look like a Heisman contender at qb for 3 quarters.
KSU realized our defense can't stop a mobile throwing QB. It was a good move on their part to try and gain some advantage.

immahog

Bret Bielema, Head Coach { B ] Toledo

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[ A   ] Brandon Allen

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C+  ]  at times we couldn't stop a nose bleed

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ A-  ] Because he has a hand in ST

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ B ] Depth issue is not his fault

Clay Jennings, DB  [ C+  ] We got burned in the air more than I would like (toledo Texas Tech)

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [  A + ] Perfect

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ B  ] Run D was good Would like to get more pressure on the qb it would help the secondary

Michael Smith, WR  [ A+  ] What A turnaround not long ago many looked at the group as the weak link but it is now a strenght even with losing 3 WR from start.

*Sam Pittman, OL  [  C+ ] we could not run the ball to start the season an the OL look out of sync and plus he went back on his word.

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

bob slydell

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

SamBuckhart

Grading on the curve. All B's. Looking forward to watching CDE work his magic on this group of QBs. Coach Herb gets a B also. If Alex comes back, CBB gets an A+. WOOO PIG!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hoggish1

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {  A+  ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[A   ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [A   ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [A   ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ A  ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [ A  ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [  A ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ A  ]

Michael Smith, WR  [ A  ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ F  ]

Ho do you like those grades, Hogville?

NoogaHog

Bret Bielema, Head Coach { B   ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[  A ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [C   ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [A   ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ B  ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [C   ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A   ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [B   ]

Michael Smith, WR  [ A  ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [  A ]
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

MJ2

Very good question, but I will lump them as a whole since so many of the groups are so closely intertwined.

Given that the year ended on a high note with 8 wins and a bowl victory, I would say a B overall, however the Toledo and TT losses were so unacceptable, that you have to go with a C+ overall.

There were some really bright coaching spots during the year and no so many let downs and that's always good.

I see overall program progress and that's all we can ask for in the world's toughest division of the toughest conference in the toughest sport of all.

Biggus Piggus

Please use a letter grade (A-F).
Bret Bielema, Head Coach [C]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[A]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [D]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [incomplete]

Clay Jennings, DB  [D]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A]

Rory Segrest, DL/ST  [D]

Michael Smith, WR  [A]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [C]

[CENSORED]!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Bret Bielema, Head Coach { B  ] Allowing special teams to remain mediocre hurt his grade

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[ A-] Injuries and new scheme caused slow start

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C-] Took a major step back from last year

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ A+] Addressed fumble issue and excelled through injuries

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ C+] Did what he could with limited depth

Clay Jennings, DB  [ C-] Missed tackles, Not able to cover middle of field

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A+] Henry is a stud, Sprinkles growth is obvious

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ C] Not able to get most out of talent on DL, special teams bad from top to bottom

Michael Smith, WR  [  A+] Excelled through injuries and dismissals. Most improved unit

*Sam Pittman, OL  [  B] Started slow

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The Kig

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {B+    ]. Early season gaffes are on him, otherwise would be an A- 

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[A   ]  Solid first year.  Obvious impact on BA and exceptional play calling down the stretch.

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [F- ] Not sure the scale goes below F, but the secondary was atrocious. The play calling was timid and exposed holes never got plugged with different schemes.  Anyone giving him higher than a D- for having one of the worst Defenses in the country is blind

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ A  ]. What a year to be the RB position coach.  Lose a top tier player, lose a frosh with promise, see the offense forced to out score the defense by throwing more, and still have AC/KW produce.

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [B-  ]. Hard to blame the lack of talent/speed on him this year.  He was able to bring Greenlaw along nicely.

Clay Jennings, DB  [ F  ]  At least coach them to turn their heads and you get a D. 

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A   ]. Easiest job on the planet this year.  Two NFL TEs and a ton of talent behind them.

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [C- ]  Probably closer to a D with ST debacle, but DT was one of the only bright spos on a terrible defense.

Michael Smith, WR  [ A+  ]. Considering all the losses, what an exceptional job

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B-]. True grade, not influenced by his departure.  OL was supposed to be the strength of this team and the first half of the season they were not able to open holes for the run game.  We simply couldn't run on anyone when we needed/wanted to like the prior year, regardless of who was in the backfield.  Pass blocking was very good and BA didn't just take a beating all game, like some years in the past.

Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 05, 2016, 08:19:31 pm

B-, would have been an A-, but nobody likes someone tooting their own horn.
Poker Porker

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: The Kig on January 06, 2016, 11:19:58 am
B-, would have been an A-, but nobody likes someone tooting their own horn.

Borderline erotic.
[CENSORED]!

jm

Bret Bielema, Head Coach { B ]  Did not have everyone on the same page early for whatever reason. Grade should probably be lower but gets the benefit of the doubt because of injuries to key players.

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[ A ] It took him a little too long to realize the strengths of the players he had, but still a strong first year.

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C-] The defense was not good overall, but was strong against the run most of the time. It is a bad sign when you have true frosh playing linebacker.

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ A  ] The running backs were very good. It is not clear if it was due to superior talent or tremendous coaching, but you can't argue with the effectiveness of the backs on the field or the way they appear to have handled themselves off the field.

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ C ] This one is tough to grade. How much real SEC ready talent does he have to work with? May have done the best job on the staff considering the situation.

Clay Jennings, DB  [ C ] Too many busted coverages and missed tackles. Played fairly well at times indicating that there is enough athletic ability but still playing alot of under classmen. Sitting back in a zone on every play and giving some of the worlds greatest players a chance to catch the ball, look up, and make a move is a recipe for disaster if you are a DB.

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A ] No way you could screw this unit up. Give him credit for getting great players on campus and having them ready to play every time out.

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ B ] Overall, this was a good unit. I felt that they were in a very conservative gap control game plan in most games. I believe that they executed as they were asked to. Stop the run, keep the QB in the pocket, and get your hands up to make any throw as difficult as you can.

Michael Smith, WR  [ A ] With all of the injuries, to have a backup guy lead the conference in receiving touchdowns is insanely good. His unit was good and appears setup to be in good shape for the next few years.

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ C ] Another tough grade top figure out. How can the largest line in football not control the los against Toledo and TTech? Why was BA even put in a position to need a game winning pass? How many times did Collins have to make someone miss in the backfield?  On the other hand, we didn't give up many sacks and the rushing stats were good. I just would have thought that an experienced unit should have been able to carry the team in those early games that we lost.

code red

Bret Bielema, Head Coach [B-]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[ A-]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ D ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ B- ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ D ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [ D ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ B ]

Michael Smith, WR  [ B-]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B- ]
Before you smite......the first part of the season cannot be ignored.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

GrizzledHogFan

Bret Bielema, Head Coach  [ B ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB [ A- ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ A ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ C- ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [ C ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A+ ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ B- ]

Michael Smith, WR  [ B+ ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B ]
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on January 05, 2016, 07:37:27 pm
Bret Bielema, Head Coach [ B-]
Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB  [A-]
Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [C-]
Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [B+]
Clay Jennings, DB  [C]
Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A]
Rory Segrest, DL/ST  [C]
Michael Smith, WR  [A]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B]

thats about right...

AugustaHog

Look, I like Robb Smith, but he really laid an egg this year.  It blows my mind that so many are giving him a C.  That indicates he was average.  Our run D could be classified as average, but the pass D and ability to get off the field were atrocious.  I am not calling for his head or anything drastic like that, just pointing out how poor the unit performed.  Anyone with a QB who was decent got the points and then some they were expected to.  And for God's sake, what happened to our tackling?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on January 05, 2016, 08:11:46 pm
The most efficient offense in the nation gets a B?

Are you talking about the offense that averaged 45+ points per game over its last 7 games?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hogcard1964

Bret Bielema, Head Coach { C ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[ B ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ D- ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ C+ ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ C- ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [ D- ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ B+ ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ C ]

Michael Smith, WR  [ C+ ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ B ]

Hogs-n-Roses

I m giving the whole bunch  a B. I believe the places we were not to good at like D line and secondary came as a result of talent level or losses to NFL.  As good as the O looked at the end of the year, it looked that bad in the beginning. I guess inconsistent would be a good word for it. It was like a box of chocolate's. Except special teams play. I would give it a D.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 06, 2016, 02:34:39 pm
Look, I like Robb Smith, but he really laid an egg this year.  It blows my mind that so many are giving him a C.  That indicates he was average.  Our run D could be classified as average, but the pass D and ability to get off the field were atrocious.  I am not calling for his head or anything drastic like that, just pointing out how poor the unit performed.  Anyone with a QB who was decent got the points and then some they were expected to.  And for God's sake, what happened to our tackling?

I totally agree.  Anything above a "D" for Smith is just way too much.

I like Smith and I'm hoping he gets it all sorted out this next season, but 2015 was a disaster on the defensive side of the ball and it wasn't just a talent issue.

If 2016 is like 2015 was, I have no doubt in my mind that Bielema will be hiring a new DC.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: DukeOfPork on January 06, 2016, 02:48:51 pm
I totally agree.  Anything above a "D" for Smith is just way too much.

I like Smith and I'm hoping he gets it all sorted out this next season, but 2015 was a disaster on the defensive side of the ball and it wasn't just a talent issue.

If 2016 is like 2015 was, I have no doubt in my mind that Bielema will be hiring a new DC.
I just hope we see improvement in the spring game
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

longpig

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {  B  ] Gets a B because of the flop.

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB[  A ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [  C ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [  A ] pad level improved and RBs were more aggressive/punishing

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [   B] Did ok considering the injuries

Clay Jennings, DB  [  C ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [  A ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [  C ]

Michael Smith, WR  [  C ] Enos gets the credit for improved WR performance.

*Sam Pittman, OL  [  A ]

Don't be scared, be smart.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 07, 2016, 10:55:31 am
I just hope we see improvement in the spring game

I never can gauge much of anything in an intrasquad game.

Our quarterback play in the Spring is going to be well below what we are currently used to seeing from BA and this defense is especially susceptible to good quarterbacks.  So I'm afraid we will not know much at all about the defense until we start playing actual games next Fall.

azhog10

CBB - C+
Enos - B-
Smith - D

Not sure Enos even deserves a B, we only scored 12 against Toledo, and 24 against TTU (only two other teams failed to score less than we did). His slow start means a B-. But he got the best grade out of the Coordinators and Head Coach.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: azhog10 on January 07, 2016, 11:18:22 am
CBB - C+
Enos - B-
Smith - D

Not sure Enos even deserves a B, we only scored 12 against Toledo, and 24 against TTU (only two other teams failed to score less than we did). His slow start means a B-. But he got the best grade out of the Coordinators and Head Coach.

I would agree with you if 2015 had been Enos' 2nd season at Arkansas.

But with this being his first season, and with losing most of our top running backs and receivers right out of the gate, the lack of redzone efficiency in the first few games is more understandable.

I thought his playcalling was really good as the season progressed.  Lots of offensive players improved throughout the season.

I'd give Enos an "A".

welchog

Bret Bielema, Head Coach [ B ]  Did better than last year.  Beat some ranked opponents.  6-2 in conference.  Lost at least two games that we should have won.

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB [ A ] First year.  New system.  Got a rough start, but kept improving and finished very strong with probably the best offense in the SEC.

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C ]  Quite a slide from last year.  Lost key players from last year, but had a wealth of talent back.  Fundamentals and tackling need to improve.  Need more push from DL.  Very porous secondary.

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ C ] RB- Rough start of season.  STC- Too many busted FG attempts, some that could and did cost us games.

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ B ]  Indecisive considering BE's position.  DG with almost 100 tackles as a FR helped.

Clay Jennings, DB  [ D ]  Poor tackling.  Too many YDs/TDs given up.  Overall regression.

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A ]  Mackey Award with potential one next year.  Nothing more to say.

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ C ]  DL- Not enough penetration and disruption.  ST- See above.

Michael Smith, WR  [ A ] Many, many, many 3rd down and long conversions.  Even with the enormous amount of injuries, the strength of the team.

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ C ]  With all the beef and experience, got started way too late with a more than quality starting RB and surrounding ones.  Regressed from last year.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: azhog10 on January 07, 2016, 11:18:22 am
CBB - C+
Enos - B-
Smith - D

"His" slow start...really? He didn't start any slower than Robb Smith did in 2014. Ever heard of a transition? They aren't going to come out at 100% after changing coordinators -- plus dealing with all the injury problems. SMH.
[CENSORED]!

GoldenCOHog

Bret Bielema, Head Coach {B]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB [B+]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [A/D]

Clay Jennings, DB  [C]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [A]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [B-]

Michael Smith, WR  [B]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [A-]

redeye

Bret Bielema, Head Coach [  B- ]

Dan Enos, Offensive Coordinator/QB [ A+ ]

Robb Smith, DC/Secondary  [ C+ ]

Jemal Singleton, RB/STC  [ B+ ]

Vernon Hargreaves, LB  [ B ]

Clay Jennings, DB  [ B ]

Barry Lunney Jr, TE  [ A ]

Rory Segrest[, DL/ST  [ B ]

Michael Smith, WR  [ A+ ]

*Sam Pittman, OL  [ C ]

I'd probably rate Pittman higher if he were still here, but my grade does reflect concerns I had before he left.

Dr. Starcs