Previous topic - Next topic

Colin's stay or Go

Stay
182 (25.4%)
Go
534 (74.6%)

Total Members Voted: 716

Mr. Porkleone

The one everyone's waiting on. Can CBB convince him to stay?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 04, 2016, 10:56:20 am
The one everyone's waiting on. Can CBB convince him to stay?

Tough sell considering 3 of his road graders have checked out.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

RME

hogcard1964

He's gone.  But I'm not sure if it's the right decision.

WMHawgfan

I don't think CBB is a guy that will try to convince a player to stay if he has a legit shot at the nfl. I think its more of a selling point in recruiting to say you developed these players and helped them get to the nfl.

hawginbigd1

I think BBs comments on the subject seem to lean towards he is trying to get Collins to come back for one more showcase year!

NaturalStateReb

It's hard to turn down that kind of money.  Can't blame them.  He's probably gone.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hoglady

RB's only have so many carries in those legs.
More than any other position - if they can go then go.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Smalltownhog95

Last week I would have said gone for sure. But I lean towards it being 50/50 because coach B is meeting with him and his family. I think that says AC is torn between leaving or staying.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

popcornhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2016, 11:20:19 am
Stay. He's all Hog.

He is all Hog, but no way he comes back. It would make zero sense for a RB to stay a 4th year in college if they're physically and mentally ready for the NFL.
WPS

Kevin

Stay. He's all Hog.

I don't know what your percentage of being right is, but I do like your boldness.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

code red

He put some good material on tape he will go higher than folks realize...he gone.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RME

Quote from: Kevin on January 04, 2016, 11:42:30 am
I don't know what your percentage of being right is, but I do like your boldness.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2015, 11:03:12 pm
Henry will be back AND he will be drafted higher in the 2017 draft than he would be in the 2016 draft. You'll see.

DeltaHog66

I think AC will decide to stay but I'll be happy with whatever decision he makes. He's an awesome person that should always know that he'll forever be a hog either way, and will always have a home here.

ifghog

I think he is gone...and if he is I can't blame him 1 bit.

swineology

ravmsem

Collins is likely gone, but if he were to stay it would not surprise me either. He is not your normal guy. He makes his own decisions, as we have seen from his recruitment. He etched some major accomplishments in his first three years to give himself elite status. If he comes back he has the potential to be a legend. I'm happy either way.

hogblitz

trashcan maN

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogblitz on January 04, 2016, 11:58:27 am
Also, would like to know about Kody Walker.

He's considering going pro?  That's a bad move.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Stay. He's all Hog.

Hunter Henry has been all Hog since birth and he left.

It's in Arkansas best interest for Henry, Kirkland and AC (if he goes) to NFL get drafted as high as they can and be the best NFL player they can be.

lilRockNDubb

Boarcephus

Would love to see him stay but wish him well if he leaves.  Him leaving would help our chances landing Whaley
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HawgWild

Quote from: WMHawgfan on January 04, 2016, 11:10:33 am
I don't think CBB is a guy that will try to convince a player to stay if he has a legit shot at the nfl. I think its more of a selling point in recruiting to say you developed these players and helped them get to the nfl.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 04, 2016, 11:10:15 am
He's gone.  But I'm not sure if it's the right decision.

Here's the thing I wonder about; what else does he have to show NFL scouts that will materially improve his draft stock?

It's not like he's "unknown" or hasn't gotten enough exposure.  Heck - he's in the SEC and just became only the 3rd RB to ever start out with three 1,000 yards seasons (along with Herschel and DMac).  He has no major flaws to his game, and is not coming back from an injury.

He pretty much is what he is.  And what he is, apparently, is a 3rd round pick.

Let's say he comes back, runs for 1,800 yards.  Is that really going to move him into the first round?  Probably not.  Especially the way the NFL values running backs these days.

And then, he saw last season what happened when his buddy JWill DID come back - injury.  The worst nightmare of any college RB getting close to cashing in on a Pro career.

I'd LOVE to have him back in Cardinal and white next season.  But I just don't see it happening.

jgphillips3

I love the kid but I think it would be best for him to go.  I don't think his stock will be that much higher a year from now and if what happened to JWill happened to him I would be sick at my stomach.  Besides, getting some more Hogs drafted makes recruiting easier.

hogsanity

I have operated under the assumption he would leave since the year started. To me, the bigger decision will be is Walker comes back for a 6th season, especially if AC leaves. IF Walker does not come back, then the Hogs will have little experience at RB behind an inexperienced QB.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

smb

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 04, 2016, 11:28:48 am
Last week I would have said gone for sure. But I lean towards it being 50/50 because coach B is meeting with him and his family. I think that says AC is torn between leaving or staying.
I think that this statement is probably right.
GeorgiaHOG

IronHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 04, 2016, 12:21:43 pm
I love the kid but I think it would be best for him to go.  I don't think his stock will be that much higher a year from now and if what happened to JWill happened to him I would be sick at my stomach.  Besides, getting some more Hogs drafted makes recruiting easier.

Mentally better for the team for a kid to leave vs coming back and getting hurt.

JW's injury ruined the early season IMO.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

phadedhawg

Sometimes it breaks my heart to see 'em leave but not Alex.  Go get your's son!!!!!!

Kid gave his all and I'm very grateful. 

RollHogTide

He's been a great player for the Razorbacks, and if his dream is to play in the NFL - I hope he pursues that.  He has the right build, skills, and character to go pretty high in the draft (probably 3rd round) and be very successful Day-1.  I don't know what more he could do to increase his draft stock and the risk of injury is always present.

Whatever his decision - I wish the young man great success, he is truly one of the good guys that has done everything RIGHT!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 04, 2016, 12:14:12 pm
Would love to see him stay but wish him well if he leaves.  Him leaving would help our chances landing Whaley

Well, he's committed to us right now......

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2016, 12:37:34 pm
Well, he's committed to us right now......

Committed is not signed.  UGA is making a push at him.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HotlantaHog

Not sure he would be drafted high if he goes. And a low draft pick might well put him as marginal on making a team. Obviously, he has had some specific guidance on that. But in light of that, why not come back and try to improve your standing with an NFL team?

hawginbigd1

I have thought for some time he has flown under the radar because of our record and because of JWill. I think just now he is starting to get some real notoriety and another year like this could raise his draft stock greatly, just an opinion, but I would think the run to 4 straight 1000 yd seasons would bring a high level of publicity! An absolute national showcase matchup in week 2, could be the start of something huge!

Did the Heisman pose mean something? Has CBB told him, hey we are going to go all out to promote you for the Heisman?

RME

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 04, 2016, 12:42:16 pm
Not sure he would be drafted high if he goes. And a low draft pick might well put him as marginal on making a team. Obviously, he has had some specific guidance on that. But in light of that, why not come back and try to improve your standing with an NFL team?

Most mocks I've seen (granted, they are mocks and not legitimate NFL GMs, scouts, and coaches), have Alex ranked between the #4-#7 RB. This year the main 2 are Elliot and Henry. Next year will be Fournette and Chubb. Either way, in my worthless opinion, Alex would not make a big enough jump in rankings by this time next year with next year's class already shaping up to be a decent one. RBs drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds nowadays are turning out pretty well.

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 04, 2016, 12:47:26 pm
Most mocks I've seen (granted, they are mocks and not legitimate NFL GMs, scouts, and coaches), have Alex ranked between the #4-#7 RB. This year the main 2 are Elliot and Henry. Next year will be Fournette and Chubb. Either way, in my worthless opinion, Alex would not make a big enough jump in rankings by this time next year with next year's class already shaping up to be a decent one. RBs drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds nowadays are turning out pretty well.

Most nfl teams want a back who:

Does not fumble
Can pass block
Can catch a pass or 2 a game

Their offenses want 60-100 yards out of their main back on the ground. In other words they want Alex Collin types, but the days of seeing a bunch of backs taken in the top 3 rounds are over, teams have to fill bigger needs at the top of the draft.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Exit Pursued by a Boar

One of CBB's selling points seems to be that AC could be in the running for a Heisman.  I don't get it.  Unless you play for ND and have a super-stellar year, you pretty much have to play for an NC contender, one loss max.  I solidly believe that CBB has us moving in the right direction, but I don't for a second see very good odds of us being a one-loss team next year.  We had a good chance of being a  2-loss team this year, but we blew some good chances early.  Given our defensive liabilities and our need to rebuild an OL, work with new RBs or injured returning RBs, and getting a new QB up to snuff, I don't see us being much better than we were last year.  Still, it was Tee Martin who was there for the Vols' championship, not Peyton Manning. So it's possible . . .

EFBAB

HOGINTENNESSEE

k.c.hawg

Several of the best evaluaters  have Alex as one of the top 4 backs in this years draft. They have him as one of the top 7 backs in the 2017 draft. Three spots at that position could push him down a full round, maybe more. Now is the time for him to go if NFL draft position is what he is basing his decision on.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

urkillnmesmalls

It won't be popular, but I think he's nuts to come back.  He's matured physically, taken an SEC pounding for three years and proven he can hold up durability wise, and he has nothing to prove. 

While I appreciate CBB's efforts to help the UA, I question him trying to sell AC on a Heisman campaign if that is indeed what's going on.  You have to have a pretty successful team for that along with a TON of exposure, and we have a lot of question marks going into next season.

I just have to believe that if he looks solely at JWill's situation, it has to push him toward an exit for the NFL.  With Fournette and Chubb returning, I don't see how his stock goes up versus going out this season, and it could certainly go down if the team can't block for him, or if he gets injured. 

Love the Hogs, but this is one of those instances where I would want what's best for AC, and I think he's done all he can to prove himself.  I'd love it if he came back, but I won't blame him one iota if he doesn't.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

SemperHawg

Given who is coming out next year, is there really a chance that he would improve his draft stock if he played another year?  Add in the risk of injury and there is no way he should stay.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 04, 2016, 01:18:10 pm
Several of the best evaluaters  have Alex as one of the top 4 backs in this years draft. They have him as one of the top 7 backs in the 2017 draft. Three spots at that position could push him down a full round, maybe more. Now is the time for him to go if NFL draft position is what he is basing his decision on.

To me, that's the most valid reason...draft position.  Sometimes timing is everything, and if what you're citing has any validity to it, then that should weigh very heavily into his decision.

He's got the quickness and vision, but I think we would all agree that he doesn't have break away speed.  That's not critical in the NFL, and durability and ball control are probably more important to the NFL.  It's the ability to get 4-5 yards, like Emmit could do, at a high frequency. 

I have to believe he's going to at least get a shot at the NFL even if his combine measurables aren't very good, but stranger things have happened.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DLUXHOG

Stay...
- have a chance at being first RB in the SEC to get 1,000+ yards in all 4 seasons..
- have a chance at a shot at the Heisman...
- have a chance at setting all Hog RB records...
- have a chance at increasing his draft level...

Go...
- make a few mill$ for a few years, but no one know for how long...

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hawginbigd1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 04, 2016, 01:18:10 pm
This seems to fly in the face of what CBB has hinted about ACs draft grade, IMO CBB is trying to help AC, and not just trying to help the UA!

thebignasty

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 04, 2016, 01:27:45 pm
Stay...
- have a chance at being first RB in the SEC to get 1,000+ yards in all 4 seasons..
- have a chance at a shot at the Heisman...
- have a chance at setting all Hog RB records...
- have a chance at increasing his draft level...

Go...
- make a few mill$ for a few years, but no one know for how long...

He could also get hurt and never play again if enough stays.  He could play poorly and hurt his draft status. Also 'making a few mil' can set a guy up.

The fan in me wants him back just because I love watching him run and it helps the team. I'd love to see him be the first 4 year 1k rusher,  contend for a Heisman and convince scouts he's a first rounder- but those are not givens and I certainly can't blame a guy for going and making some money.