Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen Draft stock

Started by BamaRD216, January 04, 2016, 09:23:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustaHog

Every year scouts drool over guys who have the measurables or look good in a uni.  It seems they can't get over how good they were supposed to be coming out of HS.  Hackenberg is not a good QB and anyone who drafts him will regret it.  He's still living off the hype of being the #1 QB out of HS.  Sure he's big and has a good arm, but he clearly can't get the job done.  Nkemdiche is very much the same thing.  He is a physical specimen, but is not the elite DL that he is portrayed as.  Rarely in his 3 years did I see him take over a game (run or pass).

HotlantaHog

I remember when Hogville was all atwitter about Ryan Mallett and there was a strong sentiment that he was a first round NFL pick. And it was a shock at how low he fell. But in the end, he has had a continuing NFL career -- longer than Tim Tebow.

So I am kind of at a loss with BA. I take it the NFL combine will be really important to how he is drafted or if he is drafted.

IronHog

I never saw Nichakadimeke take over a play.

He's proof recruiting ranking are out of control.....good teams went right him.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 04, 2016, 04:32:04 pm
I remember when Hogville was all atwitter about Ryan Mallett and there was a strong sentiment that he was a first round NFL pick. And it was a shock at how low he fell. But in the end, he has had a continuing NFL career -- longer than Tim Tebow.

So I am kind of at a loss with BA. I take it the NFL combine will be really important to how he is drafted or if he is drafted.

RM SHOULD be an NFL starter.  He's got the football IQ and can make the throws.

He's just RM.

lahawg1

I think he is the second best Sr QB out of the SEC with Dak being ahead of him. I think he will be drafted probably in 5-6th rounds

If BA should happen to go to the right team which would actually have a need for a 3rd string QB and then something happen to the 1st or 2nd Guy, he might move up and stick as the #2.  I believe he will work at it.  He says and does the right things with his life. 

If he regresses to where he was just a half season ago, he won't get a smell. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: 12247 on January 04, 2016, 05:01:07 pm
If BA should happen to go to the right team which would actually have a need for a 3rd string QB and then something happen to the 1st or 2nd Guy, he might move up and stick as the #2.  I believe he will work at it.  He says and does the right things with his life. 

If he regresses to where he was just a half season ago, he won't get a smell.

That's a not so clever way to insult him.  Give it a rest.

Pig In The City

I don't think BA will be big enough to endure NFL punishment. Not to mention, his light bulb did not come on until the middle of his 5th year. That leaves honest question marks about what happened there. I've never seen such a drastic change in QB play. I suppose his success will depend on whether his turnaround is strictly due to the system. This is one that is impossible to call. I certainly will be pulling for his success. He seems to be a great young man and the more NFL success we have, the better our recruiting will be.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig In The City on January 05, 2016, 09:14:49 am
I don't think BA will be big enough to endure NFL punishment. Not to mention, his light bulb did not come on until the middle of his 5th year. That leaves honest question marks about what happened there. I've never seen such a drastic change in QB play. I suppose his success will depend on whether his turnaround is strictly due to the system. This is one that is impossible to call. I certainly will be pulling for his success. He seems to be a great young man and the more NFL success we have, the better our recruiting will be.
Surround him with weapons and he'll use them.

KennyForAD

Quote from: BamaRD216 on January 04, 2016, 09:23:15 am
Anyone with any inside information about Brandon Allen's draft status. Guy is a winner, and in my opinion, the best QB in the SEC and at least top 3 in the nation. I have done a bit of research and found he is likely going in the 6 to 7 range, if so, I must say the scouts and I are not watching the same QB. Very underrated.

So was Joe Montana. 

DeltaBoy

Love to See BA in New Orleans or Dallas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BenDial

I think he'll get drafted. He has a lot going for him:

- above average mobility
- played in a pro-style system
- Had a great relationship with three different offensive coordinators
- learned three different offenses with different verbiage
- overcame a ton of adversity to have a great senior year
- average NFL arm strength
- doesn't make mistakes
- tough kid- not afraid to stand in and take a hit while delivering the ball
- average height/weight for NFL quarterback
- no discipline issues

He's a very safe pick. I think he gets drafted with the opportunity to take a backup job somewhere.

trphog

BA is the perfect developmental/backup quarterback. He has decent size, decent arm strength, good mobility, great leadership, a great attitude, and a great work ethic. Someone will see this and draft him.

snoblind

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 04, 2016, 05:12:17 pm
That's a not so clever way to insult him.  Give it a rest.

Not sure I've ever noticed folks so intent on dogging a kid as they have with Allen.  It would be amusing to see him not only succeed, but end up as a starter with a few rings - just to see how they spin that.   

Smokehouse

Quote from: snoblind on January 05, 2016, 10:23:22 am
Not sure I've ever noticed folks so intent on dogging a kid as they have with Allen.  It would be amusing to see him not only succeed, but end up as a starter with a few rings - just to see how they spin that.   

"Yeah, well, even Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. It's easy!"
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

BenDial

His sophomore year- new offensive coordinator, new offense, new quarterback coach.
His junior year- bad shoulder.
His senior year- new offensive coordinator, new offense, new quarterback coach.

Three different OC's he had to endure.

wholehog92

I think BA's drafted or not drafted status will be decided in the interviews.  If I were a GM, I would show him his career stats up to the Auburn game this season and his stats from the Auburn game going forward.  I would then ask him to explain to me what changed and convince me he can maintain the Auburn forward performance.

If he can do that to a level I'm convinced, I'm drafting him probably earlier than any other GM in the 3rd round.  If he can't I don't need him even as a FA.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pork Twain

I have seen it since he became the starter.  A distinction needs to be made though, as not thinking he will be an NFL starter is not the same as dogging him.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

supersaint

Quote from: IronHog on January 04, 2016, 04:32:38 pm
I never saw Nichakadimeke take over a play.

He's proof recruiting ranking are out of control.....good teams went right him.
The guy didn't play with much effort. The next time you watch the Henry heave, watch deepkimchi jog after the play. Skipper ran past him!!  Had he hustled, he might have had a chance at Collons' fumble.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

The Hogfather

Chase Daniel, Kellen Moore, Drew Brees, Tyrod Taylor, Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer

There are tons of guys who are 6'2" or under and around 210-215 pounds.

The light has been on longer than half a season.  That's just when most people started realizing what they had been thinking/saying about Brandon Allen was totally wrong.

PorkRinds

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 05, 2016, 10:40:02 am
I think BA's drafted or not drafted status will be decided in the interviews.  If I were a GM, I would show him his career stats up to the Auburn game this season and his stats from the Auburn game going forward.  I would then ask him to explain to me what changed and convince me he can maintain the Auburn forward performance.

If he can do that to a level I'm convinced, I'm drafting him probably earlier than any other GM in the 3rd round.  If he can't I don't need him even as a FA.

I have a feeling he would be way more honest in that sort of meeting than he can or should be talking about it as a Hog.

Smokehouse

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 05, 2016, 02:10:02 pm

The light has been on longer than half a season.  That's just when most people started realizing what they had been thinking/saying about Brandon Allen was totally wrong.

Here's a list of all QBs currently on an NFL roster:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/_/position/qb

BA is as good or better than a lot of names on this list. If I had the time I'd go through and figure out which ones actually got drafted, but at a minimum Brandon should be able to stick as a backup and get several years worth of paychecks. Some of these guys have been in the league 3-4 years without throwing a pass. That should qualify them for the NFL pension program without even getting in a game.

If Pat Devlin can can make a 5 year (and counting) NFL career (albeit as an undrafted FA), then Brandon should at minimum be able to bounce around as a backup. I think he's good enough that he can land on a team and stick on the roster for multiple seasons.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: scruf on January 04, 2016, 03:36:26 pm
I'd take BA over Hackenberg. Dude is straight garbage. Todd Marinovich-level overrated.

I don't really understand the Hackenberg love, either.  Evidently, somebody sees something that I don't see.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 05, 2016, 02:55:05 pm
Here's a list of all QBs currently on an NFL roster:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/_/position/qb

BA is as good or better than a lot of names on this list. If I had the time I'd go through and figure out which ones actually got drafted, but at a minimum Brandon should be able to stick as a backup and get several years worth of paychecks. Some of these guys have been in the league 3-4 years without throwing a pass. That should qualify them for the NFL pension program without even getting in a game.

If Pat Devlin can can make a 5 year (and counting) NFL career (albeit as an undrafted FA), then Brandon should at minimum be able to bounce around as a backup. I think he's good enough that he can land on a team and stick on the roster for multiple seasons.

Right.  I'm not sure if he'll be drafted or not.  I really doubt it, just based on the way QBs are trending in the draft.  As someone has said previously in this thread, I think only 7 QBs were drafted in last year's draft.  The rest had shots to stick with a team as UFA.  I think there are enough questions regarding BA in the minds of NFL GMs to make him one of the priority UFA after the draft.  However, if I was an NFL GM, I'd draft him late if it appeared as if he wasn't going to be drafted.  To me, he is a very safe pick for what has been listed previously.  He has a lot of positives going for him and his negatives are mostly attributable to circumstances and/or injuries.

Smokehouse

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 05, 2016, 02:59:42 pm
I don't really understand the Hackenberg love, either.  Evidently, somebody sees something that I don't see.

There always seems to be some QBs who fail the eye test but continue to get the hype for whatever reason. Gabbert is the most obvious example; Jake Locker was another one. Manziel is probably another good example - off the field issues aside, even, I never understood how people thought his game would translate to the NFL. He's smaller and slower than Cam but likes to run just as much. If he could keep a starting job all season I doubt he'd play all 16 games anyway.

I guess it's a mixture of scouts not wanting to admit they were wrong, and GMs thinking their team will be the one to finally unlock a kids potential. If I'm a GM, I'm not taking a QB in the first three or four rounds who hasn't been consistently accurate and showed the ability to take over a game more times than not.

GoldenCOHog

I love BA.  He's in my top 10 all time Razorback QB's.  But my opinion is, he doesn't have it between the ears to win in the bigs. 

wholehog92

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 05, 2016, 02:41:21 pm
I have a feeling he would be way more honest in that sort of meeting than he can or should be talking about it as a Hog.

I agree and he needs to be.  A GM will want a reason, not an "I don't know it just kind of all fell in place."
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

MB Hog

I want to say BA has a decent chance of making a roster, but can't decide whether that is just the homer in me.  I was never really down on him to begin with, but didn't see his NFL potential until this year when he started making play after play at crunch time.  The coaches always said BA had good arm strength and could make all the throws, but he didn't really prove it until this year.

It's hard to judge his sophomore year because he hurt his shoulder early and they say he played through pain the rest of the year.  The biggest positive about that year from an NFL perspective is he showed a lot of toughness and grit playing hurt.

Last year was actually a pretty good year overall.  He showed a lot of promise and improvement, but just seemed to make a big mistake at the worst time or he just couldn't close the deal on a key drive.  That trend continued at the beginning of this year (such as the overthrow of HH in the end zone at the end of the Toledo game), but once he answered the call time after time in OT against Auburn, he was almost unstoppable.  We only lost one game the rest of the way after that, but even then, against MS State, he answered Dak Prescott score for score and put us in position to win at the end if not for the blocked FG.

He definitely has a lot going for him, and it makes me want to believe he will make it, but I never would have believed Tyler Wilson would have had such a short time in the NFL either.

Maybe he will... maybe he won't.  Seems like QB is the toughest position in football to know who can make it as a pro.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

January 07, 2016, 04:44:54 am #78 Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:55:48 am by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: BamaRD216 on January 04, 2016, 09:42:41 am
So is that what most Arkansas fans consider him "serviceable", I only ask because I don't watch all the Hogs games , but the ones I have watched Allen played exceptionally well. At Bama Coker gets the "serviceable or game manager" title, and until the semifinal we all believed this to be true.

This is pure opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
BA struggled for many reasons throughout his career, and the shoulder injury also seemed to influence people's opinions about him as well.  (See arm strength issues despite knowledgeable people on here saying things like Enos being impressed with his zip, etc.)

Many people place an unfair amount of blame on QBs when they don't pull victory out at the last second.......Which. haunted the poor guy over and over the first half of the season.  Strangely, timing with WRs that weren't playing due to injuries is also discounted by this group.  Morgan was our 3rd WR.  Let that sink in for a moment.

Lastly, our fanbase is gun shy.  Over and over we think player XYZ is going to do great things, only to go to Oakland, or drop to the 3rd round, etc.   Many are more reserved in their enthusiasm due to this.

So, I think it's more perception of a product that has grown a lot but still has demerits assigned due to the past and a cautious fan base.

BA is by no means a bus driver QB.  Very accurate even on the run.  Doesn't throw picks or do stupid stuff.  Number 1 QBR according to ESPN for the season for a reason.

P.S.
He reminds me of a more mobile Chad Pennington with a better arm.
Will he translate to the pros as well though?
Who knows.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

IronHog

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 05, 2016, 03:40:47 pm
I agree and he needs to be.  A GM will want a reason, not an "I don't know it just kind of all fell in place."

Proper response is "I improved my throwing mechanics".  Coach speak.

Film won't lie.  He couldn't get a ball within 10 yards of a open receiver in crunch time up to the Bama game.......then it suddenly clicked for him.

Biggus Piggus

I loved the way Allen played in most games this season. He began the season well but looked vastly better in the second half of the season. If NFL evaluations of him have changed, it has happened recently, so no draftniks would have caught on yet.

I've seen draft websites that don't even list Allen as a prospect. I saw one with 23 quarterbacks -- including Jake Coker, listed 22nd, and Gunner Kiel, 19th -- with no Allen.

Maybe Allen can catch someone's attention at the Combine. Consider that only seven quarterbacks were drafted last season, and this QB crop is considered to be very down.
[CENSORED]!

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

This will help  :razorback:

[tweet]685523060628295680[/tweet]
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

IronHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 07, 2016, 10:09:58 am
I loved the way Allen played in most games this season. He began the season well but looked vastly better in the second half of the season. If NFL evaluations of him have changed, it has happened recently, so no draftniks would have caught on yet.

I've seen draft websites that don't even list Allen as a prospect. I saw one with 23 quarterbacks -- including Jake Coker, listed 22nd, and Gunner Kiel, 19th -- with no Allen.

Maybe Allen can catch someone's attention at the Combine. Consider that only seven quarterbacks were drafted last season, and this QB crop is considered to be very down.

He'll get a hard look from someone.

Allen could get cut in minicamp and be a GA soon or be a NFL starter at some point.  He's that type player right now.

lstewart

What happens with Brandon will depend a lot on luck. I don't expect him to be drafted, but I do think he will be signed by someone. There is such a very small difference in overall talent for the bottom QB's in the NFL. The group being mentioned as having hung on rosters for 5 or 6 years, who aren't crazy talented, have generally just been lucky.... barely hanging on, getting cut every year or two, etc. For the bottom group of NFL QB's, there are probably 100 guys that had similar talent and are young enough to be on NFL rosters that did not make it. Just being in the right place at the right time, showing just enough to hang around, or to be picked up by another team if you are cut. Brandon might have similar talent to some of these QB's that have been around 5 or 6 years, but they have NFL experience, probably are a little sharper on reading defenses, etc. So he probably would end up needing to beat out one of those type guys for a 3rd QB spot on a roster. If he can do it, catch on for the first year, and learn a lot of what he needs to know, he would have a chance to do pretty well and earn some good money for a while. But most of these guys coming out like Brandon every year go to their first camp, and get cut, ending their careers. It is going to take some luck for him to be around for 3 or 4 years. Best wishes to him..... hope for the best!

IronHog

Quote from: lstewart on January 08, 2016, 12:49:01 pm
What happens with Brandon will depend a lot on luck. I don't expect him to be drafted, but I do think he will be signed by someone. There is such a very small difference in overall talent for the bottom QB's in the NFL. The group being mentioned as having hung on rosters for 5 or 6 years, who aren't crazy talented, have generally just been lucky.... barely hanging on, getting cut every year or two, etc. For the bottom group of NFL QB's, there are probably 100 guys that had similar talent and are young enough to be on NFL rosters that did not make it. Just being in the right place at the right time, showing just enough to hang around, or to be picked up by another team if you are cut. Brandon might have similar talent to some of these QB's that have been around 5 or 6 years, but they have NFL experience, probably are a little sharper on reading defenses, etc. So he probably would end up needing to beat out one of those type guys for a 3rd QB spot on a roster. If he can do it, catch on for the first year, and learn a lot of what he needs to know, he would have a chance to do pretty well and earn some good money for a while. But most of these guys coming out like Brandon every year go to their first camp, and get cut, ending their careers. It is going to take some luck for him to be around for 3 or 4 years. Best wishes to him..... hope for the best!

Very true.

He's got the arm, he'll pick up the play book, and being a professional will be no problem. Those 3 things give him a good shot to stick somewhere as a backup.

Stoerner hung around the NFL several years and made some nice money because he could act like a professional.  He was never going to be an NFL starter after his shoulder injury....

GoldenCOHog

BA is every bit as talented as McCown or Hoyer though--so it might be tough to keep him off the field if he gets to a team with questions at QB. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: GoldenCOHog on January 08, 2016, 01:00:01 pm
BA is every bit as talented as McCown or Hoyer though--so it might be tough to keep him off the field if he gets to a team with questions at QB. 

Yep!

IronHog

Quote from: GoldenCOHog on January 08, 2016, 01:00:01 pm

Physical talent is no issue.  He's no freak of nature but faster and a better arm than most NFL backup QBs.  He'll do very well in workouts.

Speed of the game and grit are the ?????

GoldenCOHog

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2016, 01:11:12 pm
Physical talent is no issue.  He's no freak of nature but faster and a better arm than most NFL backup QBs.  He'll do very well in workouts.

Speed of the game and grit are the ?????

Dude, that league is so scary.  I wouldn't even stand close to the field if it were me.  The size of these dude's rocks to even get on the pitch at all is mind-boggling to me. 

IronHog

Quote from: GoldenCOHog on January 08, 2016, 01:26:58 pm
Dude, that league is so scary.  I wouldn't even stand close to the field if it were me.  The size of these dude's rocks to even get on the pitch at all is mind-boggling to me. 

Often wondered if trying to play a game as NFL QB or getting on a PBR bull would be tougher.

Think I'd take NFL....going to Dr one way or the other though.

hawgwash

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 05, 2016, 10:40:02 am

If I were Brandon I'd answer your question by saying don't look at my pre Auburn stats in total.  Look at the consistent progress I've made over my college career.

SEASON   CMP   ATT   YDS   CMP%   YPA   LNG   TD   INT   SACK   RAT   RAW QBR   ADJ QBR
2015   244   370   3440   65.9   9.30   71   30   8   14   166.5   81.6   87.9
2014   190   339   2285   56.0   6.74   54   20   5   12   129.2   54.8   69.8
2013   128   258   1552   49.6   6.02   52   13   10   7   109.0   47.2   59.3
2012   21   49   186   42.9   3.80   30   1   3   4   69.2   4.7   5.0

It's pretty amazing, really.  In case this shows up as an unreadable jumbled mass of numbers, here's the link.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/515915/brandon-allen

On that link you can also see game by game stats. 

Bowfishinghogfan

Well how will those spin it that are telling the rest he will get drafted. If someone has a thought that is different that others, they don't know what they are talking about. It's not a knock on the kid if he doesn't make it as a pro qb. Thousands of people who have played college qb don't make it, quit taking it so personal. By saying he won't make it in the league isn't talking trash about him. Many of the same ones saying he will play on Sunday also argued that Tyler would and should be the first qb drafted. He is a hog so people look at him with the thick rose glasses. He won't be a failure by not making a team. Matt Jones spelled it out perfectly yesterday. He said he played with many backups in the NFL. He said BA doesn't have the skill set those qb's did and they couldn't make it as a starter. He didn't think he will
Get drafted but I guess some keyboard warriors know more than he does and think he needs to follow another team.

IronHog

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on January 08, 2016, 01:52:53 pm
Well how will those spin it that are telling the rest he will get drafted. If someone has a thought that is different that others, they don't know what they are talking about. It's not a knock on the kid if he doesn't make it as a pro qb. Thousands of people who have played college qb don't make it, quit taking it so personal. By saying he won't make it in the league isn't talking trash about him. Many of the same ones saying he will play on Sunday also argued that Tyler would and should be the first qb drafted. He is a hog so people look at him with the thick rose glasses. He won't be a failure by not making a team. Matt Jones spelled it out perfectly yesterday. He said he played with many backups in the NFL. He said BA doesn't have the skill set those qb's did and they couldn't make it as a starter. He didn't think he will
Get drafted but I guess some keyboard warriors know more than he does and think he needs to follow another team.

I doubt Matt Jones remembers much about the NFL.

goneal

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2016, 01:58:53 pm

I doubt Matt Jones remembers much about the NFL.

Meaning what, exactly? The guy has been there and done it. He knows a hell of lot more than the doofuses on here. He just tends to not be a homer and mans up and says what he believes. The NFL doesn't fixate on the last 6 games of a potential qb's 4 year career. BA's a good kid, a smart kid and he did things the right way. Do you guys have any idea how many Razorback qbs have actually been drafted? Not very many. And there have been many that were better NFL prospects and had better overall careers that BA had. Wishing it doesn't make it happen. Lets just appreciate him for what he was and is.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

KennyForAD

Was it HIS light bulb that came on... or YOURS?     

razorbackkid

He may not be drafted high, maybe not at all, but given a fair opportunity BA will be a starter and begin to shine at the next level.  Imo, he'll be in the NFL for a long time.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

KennyForAD

They dogged him early in his career, and, being the mindless jackasses they are, they can't admit being wrong, even to themselves.

The hog meister

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see BA as pro QB although I think he would work his butt off and not be an a$$ like another former Razorback QB  (RM). As far as his draft stock I would say Miller Lite and Guinness on draft. Just my preferences.             WPS

Peter Porker

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on January 08, 2016, 01:52:53 pm

Because of comments like these:

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 12, 2013, 11:59:29 am
Why are some of you surprised that a qb that was recruited here only because his dad was here isn't very good . He had very little intrest from other schools, they said it was bc his dad was here so he didn't get many offers. No, he stinks is why he didn't get many offers.

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 17, 2013, 11:59:55 am
I don't follow recruiting but I have read where we are last or close for this upcoming season. Is this correct. Top kids don't want to be apart of a rebuild. They want to come in and shine. Please correct me if I am wrong on the recruiting rankings. I think we lost ground offering two brothers just because who their dad was. Besides the mannings, I can't recall 2 brothers being great qb's back to back.

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 13, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
It's fairly clear the answer isn't BA. We have 1/2 a season left with no real shot to go bowling. We have Duwop and AA on the sidelines red shirting. We have the storey and peavy kid coming in. Why not go to AA parents and ask to play him. Next year we will be going through the exact same thing. Either starting a freshman or RSFreshman. As we have seen without having even a serviceable back up what trouble we got in. Play AA the remainder of the season. Even if we lose them all, we prepare him for next year. It always bothered me that we never have given back ups or the following years qb playing time. Let's face it, not all 4 or 5 qb's will be here in 2 years. Some won't pan out and or transfer for more playing time.

BA has had enough time to start to look for other receivers. The picks are going to start adding up now that teams know he stares his receivers down. There are qb's that are starting as freshmen nowadays. It can't hurt. If a qb is a stud, he won't be here 5 years anyway. I see no problem with burning it for the development of a qb. We are going to have to get above average play at that spot to win, if we wait until next year we are throwing out a qb with no experience anyway.

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 18, 2013, 05:01:44 pm
So I am to assume your new savior isn't to blame for 30 passing yards, one of the worst offensive performances not only in AR history but all of college football. 13 offensive plays in the second half. Receivers were so wide open on almost every play. Good schemes would have them in the right spot. Qb play that is abysmal. He apparently ran off our best option at QB. If we don't have anything better as a qb option we are in bad trouble. We haven't had our 2 backs combine for 100 yards rushing in several games. I agree talent isn't the greatest but Petrino won with lessor talent because he could out scheme you. If your going to knock a coach your looking at the wrong one.

And there's more. Seeing your posts and when you started posting makes it clear you were banned.

Everyone, do yourself a favor and read this guy's post history.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.