Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's OFFICIAL. Liberty Bowl VS. Kansas St.

Started by JusJim, December 06, 2015, 03:19:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VictoryRedChevy

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 06, 2015, 03:56:05 pm
Out of embarrassment of losing?  I would hope not.  It's not even like we fired BP because we thought we could get a better coach.  We fired him for being a scumbag.  If we did decline we should publicly say we declined because we don't do business with bobby petrino just to embarrass him.
I would've loved to play them.

Beaverfever

Quote from: a0ashle on December 06, 2015, 03:55:25 pm
Lots of whining entitlement in this thread.

I happy to get one more game this season, Go Hogs!
Yeah we didn't deserve a good bowl game.  We played two garbage games early in the season and then had a chance to get back into a good game by beating MSU and we proved our defense was crap and we weren't a really good team.  We played our way into an average bowl game.  Time to take that frustration out on KSU.

hogcard1964

Horrible matchup with very little outside interest outside of Ark and K. State.   Unfortunately, it is legitimate and has been agreed to by both schools.

Professor Psychosis

Reunion game for Bielema, who worked as DC at Kansas State under Snyder in the early 2000s.

a0ashle

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2015, 03:57:00 pm
7-5 = 2.

This matchup is horrible. 4th best sec team vs 8th place big 12. We got screwed.

That's not how games over .500 works, we lose one game more and we are 6-6.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: a0ashle on December 06, 2015, 03:59:38 pm
That's not how games over .500 works, we lose one game more and we are 6-6.
Lol!  Did you get your education from Auburn University by chance?

GoHogs1091

Bill Snyder is regarded as one of the best in college football.  He has dealt with as many injuries this season as we have, perhaps even more injuries to key players than we have (it seems like Snyder has lost 2 QBs to injury this season).

Snyder's Defensive Coordinator, Tom Hayes, will probably be the most experienced Defensive Coach that Dan Enos has faced.

To see what Tom Hayes is capable of, just have to look at our offensive stats against UCLA in the 1989 Cotton Bowl (Hayes was the UCLA DC).

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...some of these posts are unbelievable. After our first 4 games everybody just wanting TO BE in a bowl game. Then they start whining cuz it's not the right one. I'm honestly glad we're not paying Texas Tech or Louisville. While we SHOULD best them, the last thing we need is a loss to a spread team to end the season,  which has been our biggest weakness all year.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Hoggish1

From everything I've read in this thread the fans are pissed about this match up, but I hope out team finds a way to be motivated for it and wants to get to eight wins!

With too many bowls, it's hard to fill the games and near to the fan base is the only chance to get descent crowd.  Last year at 6-6 was the perfect storm in Houston.  You seldom get that lucky at 6-6 or 7-5, especially when there are bowls that have to take 5-7 teams to fill them.

We don't need to lose to K-State and end 7-6. We need eight wins to end the year up beat and start 2015 off right!!!

Qadi999

If not for luck we could have had 2 more losses and be sitting at home.

geauxhawgs

Don't get me wrong, it sucks being in the Liberty bowl finishing 3rd in the toughest division in college football. However, losses to Toledo & T-Tech doesn't exactly look that good compared to LSU's losses. At the end of the day in terms of the overall season, we underachieved and finished 7-5

a0ashle

Quote from: BBsTheMan on December 06, 2015, 04:01:19 pm
Lol!  Did you get your education from Auburn University by chance?

Enlighten me.

hogcard1964

Both teams have great looking uniforms.  That's one plus.

OinkinOregon

Hogs will lose this game due to fan indifference.

PORKULATOR

We are gonna drill their carcasses into the Mississippi mud and leave their fans leaving early.
Woopigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Uncommon

So if a fan hates where we are playing and who we are playing in a bowl game because of recent bowl history, then we can't be fans?

Pretty sure you can still support the team but disprove of the bowl selection and opponent.

And this whole "win more games and you get a better bowl" is incorrect when the SEC's Pool of 6 bowls (Belk, Liberty, Music City, Outback, TaxSlayer, and Texas) aren't picked in a particular order. The SEC teams picked for those bowls are based upon the mutual agreement of bowl representatives and the SEC. The SEC should've automatically removed us from consideration for the Liberty and Texas bowls because we've recently played in those bowls. They should've removed us again from consideration from the Liberty Bowl because we played Kansas State recently as a bowl opponent. Yet, they still put us in the Liberty Bowl.

Don't know bout y'all but I'm not going to smile while eating this turd sandwich.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: a0ashle on December 06, 2015, 04:03:37 pm
Enlighten me.
7-5 is 2 games over .500, not sure why I should have to explain any further. 7-5 is 2 games over, as in 2 games better than 5-5. Am I missing the challenging part of this?

soooieman

The K-State cheer is a bit annoying. I will say that

WilsonHog

Don't let your desire to vent over us making a bowl game get you banned until it is over.

OinkinOregon

Quote from: BBsTheMan on December 06, 2015, 04:07:26 pm
7-5 is 2 games over .500, not sure why I should have to explain any further. 7-5 is 2 games over, as in 2 games better than 5-5. Am I missing the challenging part of this?
Pretty sure 6-6 is 500?  Are you taking Common Core math?

hogcard1964

Quote from: OinkinOregon on December 06, 2015, 04:04:01 pm
Hogs will lose this game due to fan indifference.

Maybe, nobody will watch this outside of the states.

Country Stylz

He's saying if you take a win away you have to add a loss which puts us at 6-6. But I'm gonna stay out of you guys' pissin match.

Dr. Starcs

It's amazing to me how many people don't understand common sports (and math) knowledge.

Smdh.

dhornjr1

Maybe it's better to say in order to go from 7-5 to 6-6 you have to subtract a win and add a loss. That's two games.

Or, if you're 7-5 and lose one game, then you're 7-6 and then one game over .500.

I don't know. Just trying to help.  :)

Dr. Starcs

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imgur.com/T7qGrow.png&imgrefurl=https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1bk1pq/just_give_me_the_damn_number/?ref%3Dsearch_posts&h=371&w=560&tbnid=L_BYJuq7bhjydM:&docid=HIscnnb7xxWw-M&hl=en&ei=_rJkVt3dFszJjgSoqITIAg&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0ahUKEwjd1OfhoMjJAhXMpIMKHSgUASkQMwgeKAIwAg

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hogz11 on December 06, 2015, 04:12:20 pm
You can't add a win to our record without taking away a loss and vice versa. He's taking about our 12 game schedule. The Hogs were one loss away from being a .500 team. We get what you're saying but he's basing his comment off of 12 games.
I get that, but the term "x games over .500" that's always used in sports, would refer to us being 2 games over .500.

Now, maybe if he were saying 1 game away from .500, I could get on board. It's purely semantics, but I'm just amazed that he doesn't know the ultra common use of games over .500

hogcard1964

Isn't it a good sign that nobody is happy with being relegated to such a low tier bowl?

OinkinOregon

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 06, 2015, 04:13:32 pm
Maybe it's better to say in order to go from 7-5 to 6-6 you have to subtract a win and add a loss. That's two games.

Or, if you're 7-5 and lose one game, then you're 7-6 and then one game over .500.

I don't know. Just trying to help.  :)

Makes sense now. 😄

sickboy

We could be playing Southern Coastal Carolina A&M Tech and I'd still be excited to get to see one more Hog game before the offseason. Go Hogs!

OinkinOregon

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 06, 2015, 04:15:17 pm
Isn't it a good sign that nobody is happy with being relegated to such a low tier bowl?

Yes.  All in all it is about ticket sales.  If we cannot finish at least second place we will get what we get.

dhornjr1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on December 06, 2015, 04:14:35 pm
I get that, but the term "x games over .500" that's always used in sports, would refer to us being 2 games over .500.

Now, maybe if he were saying 1 game away from .500, I could get on board. It's purely semantics, but I'm just amazed that he doesn't know the ultra common use of games over .500

Yeah, "games over .500" is really based on how many losses you have. The St. Louis Cardinals finished 100-62 this season. That's 38 games over .500, not 19.

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 06, 2015, 04:18:41 pm
Yeah, "games over .500" is really based on how many losses you have. The St. Louis Cardinals finished 100-62 this season. That's 38 games over .500, not 19.
Good call, +1

a0ashle

Just used some Google-fu and found out this is an age old argument, I had no idea.

***The more you know***

Dr. Starcs

7-6 is one game over 500.

7-5 is two.

Common sports knowledge.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Hulk HOGan on December 06, 2015, 03:54:47 pm
For wanting an exciting matchup?

No.  For acting like a crying baby who lost their pacifier.  If you don't like the Arkansas / Kansas State matchup, don't watch it. It's no more complicated than that. 

westside_player

Few thoughts on this bowl come to mind; 1. Bill Snyder is one of the best coaches and people in this profession ever. It was fun watching him coach against us a few years ago I could tell his players were well coached. 2. Most other SEC fans aren't happy with their bowls either. There's Ole Miss fans complaining. 3. After losing at home to Texas Tech, Toledo and Mississippi State, be happy for any bowl. 4. DO NOT COUNT ON THIS AS AN AUTOMATIC WIN. I will probably throw my 2cents later but I would expect it to be cold, our offensive timing to be off, their players being much more interested in the game, and them to have a better defense, and most likely us to lose the game.

threeNout

Was hoping for a better match-up.

Best case scenario:  win by a large margin, hope the right teams ahead of us lose and end up finishing ranked.

we can say we improved over last year, can say CBB is only head Hog to win back to back bowl games.

All of that would be a big win considering how we started at 1-3.

Mick

I'll be attending. Not sure why everyone is so down on the Liberty Bowl. If we'd have beaten MS St we'd probably been in the Outback Bowl but we lost. We got the bowl that made the most sense based on our record and location. I would've liked a more interesting opponent but I do hate K State so I hope we demolish them.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: FreshHog on December 06, 2015, 03:32:49 pm
There is a zero % chance I give any money to that dump of a city.

In the big scheme of things, there's a 100% chance nobody will care and you won't be missed. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2015, 04:21:10 pm
7-6 is one game over 500.

7-5 is two.

Common sports knowledge.
No doubt, can't believe it's even being debated. I guess they figure 7-6 is a half game over .500?

razorbackkid

With the way the first five games of the season went, I'm just thrilled to see the Hogs play one more time.

Go Hogs!

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Country Stylz on December 06, 2015, 03:26:34 pm
It's not like we are 10-2 or 9-3. This is what we get.

3 top 25 wins.  Only other teams to accomplish that are in CFB playoff. I get that our 7-5 record holds us back,  but playing a 5-7 team is a huge slap in the face.

razorbacker3

This isn't one of Coach Snyder's best teams by any means , but don't overlook them. I don't want to play them because we just played them in the 2011 Cotton Bowl. Would rather play someone we haven't played in a while or never played, but this is the matchup the bowl gods gave us soooooo  WPS!

Uncommon

Quote from: hogz11 on December 06, 2015, 04:24:20 pm
Uh oh. Breaking out the common sense. The haters and whiners will foam at the mouth now.
They gave us a turd sandwich. Don't eat the turd sandwich.

moses_007

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on December 06, 2015, 04:26:58 pm
3 top 25 wins.  Only other teams to accomplish that are in CFB playoff. I get that our 7-5 record holds us back,  but paying a 5-7 team is a huge slap in the face.
How about a 6-6 team?

PonderinHog

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on December 06, 2015, 03:37:40 pm
Im not enamored with the bowl or the matchup  but I'm not the least bit surprised. We are one game above .500. What we're all you teeth gnashers expecting exactly?
Okay, whatever you say, but 7-5 sure LOOKS LIKE 2 games over .500.   ;D

opineonswine