Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama game

Started by flippinhogmana, January 15, 2017, 04:02:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

listed starting lineup doesnt have JJ in it, anyone know if that is the case and if it is whY?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Arkansas playing well for the first five minutes.  Up 14-9 Shooting lights out, Mason 3-3 with one three.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

mason with seven, monk three, cosper four and cooley with the first bucket of the game for two points, up 16-9, shooting 7-9 from the field and 1-1 at the line.

flippinhogmana

mason with a couple of offensive boards and 4-4 now for nine points hogs 18-11

flippinhogmana

seven minutes into the game cosper picks up her second foul and swenson comes into the game, still no JJ.

flippinhogmana

mason now 5-5 and elven points, hogs 23-15

flippinhogmana

mason now 6-6, swenson joins the scoring with a bucket and its hogs 25-15

flippinhogmana

swenson is feeling it after her first basket, lights it up with a three, now hogs 28-15. was fouled on the play, makes the ft for a four point play and a 29-15 lead throught the first quarter (swenson made the three with 2 seconds to go)

flippinhogmana

hogs shooting 12-16 from the field.  correction on mason she now has 13 pts.  Cooley checked out after nine minutes and Wiliams is now in the game.

flippinhogmana

hogs up 3`-15 but getting in some foul trouble.  they have seven fouls to only three for bama.  Cosper and Mason with two each.  Scoring Mason 13 (has played the whole game), Swenson six, monk 3, cosper four, cooley three, williams two

flippinhogmana

zimm now has her second foul (0-2 from the field, two turnovers, two assists, no boards and has played the whole game) 31-16 now 3 minutes into the second quarter

flippinhogmana

hogs still up 31-16 but have gone cold from the field and are picking up fouls, Cooley had a couple of minute rest around the end of the quarter but now also has 2 fouls. Cosper 2-7 from the field after being 2-3.

flippinhogmana

now 31-18 hogs havent scored in the last four minutes, but the tide has only scored three points in that time either.

flippinhogmana

halfway through the second quarter still hogs 31-18

flippinhogmana

monk breaks the scoring drought with a bucket for a 33-18 lead with three to go in the first half.

flippinhogmana

wilson and swenson score for a 38-18 lead! Wilson's bucket was a three.  Swenson now has eight points, zimm now has three fouls.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

i am going to have to leave it there.  If someone wants to pick it up there and bring home a rode win.  you are welcome to it!

flippinhogmana

48-23 halfway thru the third quarter, mason now has her third foul.  Monk now with nine points and has played the whole game.

flippinhogmana

bama has scored the last five points to cut the lead to twenty, 48-28.

flippinhogmana

two minutes left in the 3rd, 48-29.

flippinhogmana

Cooley is fouled makes both for a 50-29, but bama comes back with a 3 to cut it to 18, 50-32, now 50-34 with then Williams scores the last three points of the quarter to push the lead back to 53-34 to end the quarter.

flippinhogmana

Monk gets a steal and a layup to start the fourth, 55-34. Monk with eleven now and has played the entire game.

psycHOGlogist

CJD tweeted a bunch of stuff like he did last year when he left players home last season vs Rutgers. Guessing it's about JJ.

Team looks good today, though Bama's lack of shooting is helping. And their lack of size.

flippinhogmana

all five hog starters now have three fouls

flippinhogmana

7;20 to go hogs by 19.  Cooley hits a ft to make it 20 60-40.  Cooley with eight points (4-6 fts).

psycHOGlogist

I am pretty impressed by Williams' play, too.

flippinhogmana

hogs finally put together a complete game 68-50 with under thirty seconds to go.  It helps that bama didnt play well.

flippinhogmana

hogs have five in double figures...mason fifteen, swenson twelve, monk eleven, cooley and cosper with ten,
boards: swenson with nine, zimm seven, mason six, williams six, cooley five, monk fouled out with five minutes to go.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on January 15, 2017, 05:33:10 pm
I am pretty impressed by Williams' play, too.

Williams line-seven points (3-3 from the field, 1-1 from the line); six boards in fifteen minutes.  only negative was four turnovers.

psycHOGlogist

A win's a win. Nice to get one, plus on the road and without JJ playing.

Bama is so small, though - it was like the undersized Olympics.

Oh, CJD is being interviewed:
He's very emotional, but not really saying much. Admits they were down in the mouth coming into the game. Says JJ sitting was coach's decision. Implying that JJ has not been trying hard. Interesting.

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

Porked Tongue

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogman64

nwahogfan1

I love that Jimmy is a good Christian man and is trying to lead our young women in the right direction.  I have absolutely no problems with that.  I think most Parents are happy with this also.  But is he a good Lady BB coach?    is he a good recruiter?  Is he taking the program in the right direction?  Is he recruiting the right recruits to get us in the top tier of the SEC and get us into the NCAAT most years?  Those are my questions.

I think after the year is over then Long will have to figure that out and see if he can hire better.

psycHOGlogist

I have no problem with him being a Christian, and I think most recruits/families are comfortable and fine with that. But there is a difference between being a Christian and publicizing it, often in a very grandiose way (citing scriptures, tweeting religious lyrics, affirmations, etc.), so much that it is nearly the only public persona that you have on social media.

That is going to help with some kids, but it's going to hurt with others. I don't think he can afford to be off-putting. No other UA coaches I follow on twitter are this overtly religious, and none of the non-UA coaches I follow (admittedly a very small sample) do this kind of thing, either.

I think it gives a strange impression. Not knocking his personal faith or his right to express it any way he wants; just questioning whether it helps him succeed in his job. And that, I think, gets to the more important questions that you ask.

hogman64

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on January 19, 2017, 09:16:26 am
I have no problem with him being a Christian, and I think most recruits/families are comfortable and fine with that. But there is a difference between being a Christian and publicizing it, often in a very grandiose way (citing scriptures, tweeting religious lyrics, affirmations, etc.), so much that it is nearly the only public persona that you have on social media.

That is going to help with some kids, but it's going to hurt with others. I don't think he can afford to be off-putting. No other UA coaches I follow on twitter are this overtly religious, and none of the non-UA coaches I follow (admittedly a very small sample) do this kind of thing, either.

I think it gives a strange impression. Not knocking his personal faith or his right to express it any way he wants; just questioning whether it helps him succeed in his job. And that, I think, gets to the more important questions that you ask.

The image he portrays on twitter seems dorky and fake.   Maybe it isn't at all but the way he comes across I would not want to be on his team....