Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Angelica de Paulo-What happened to her?

Started by rjm1940, October 15, 2015, 10:40:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rjm1940

Hello fellow Hog fans.  I just joined this board.  This is my first comment.

I joined this board because you guys show a lot of interest in WBB, write interesting comments, and provide good to know information.  I have read most of the comments about WBB written in the past six months.  It has been a pleasure reading your comments and I thank you for your efforts.

What brought me to this site was a search for information on why de Paulo is not on our current roster.  I read multiple articles on her signing with the Hogs.  I never found anything saying she would not be on our roster.  Why is she not on our team?

I believe this question has been answered somewhere on this site, but I have not found it.

psycHOGlogist

Welcome, rjm! The Women's board isn't the busiest forum on here, but it's one of the best. Please post often!

As for de Paulo, I don't know if anyone has any specific info that they can share, but whenever a JUCO doesn't make it to campus, you have to wonder about eligibility -- did she have the grades or other academic credentials to get admitted?

A quick google led me here: http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/angelica_de_paulo_976002.html

So it seems like she signed up with Utah State. I am guessing -- and it is only a guess -- that this was not her preference, and that for some kind of eligibility or academic reason she ended up at a relatively weak school. There is also another junior transfer from NMCC on the USU roster, so maybe she tagged along with a teammate.

jseinfeld50

October 16, 2015, 11:35:45 am #2 Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 04:43:17 am by jseinfeld50
Quote from: psycHOGlogist on October 15, 2015, 11:58:29 pm
Welcome, rjm! The Women's board isn't the busiest forum on here, but it's one of the best. Please post often!

As for de Paulo, I don't know if anyone has any specific info that they can share, but whenever a JUCO doesn't make it to campus, you have to wonder about eligibility -- did she have the grades or other academic credentials to get admitted?

A quick google led me here: http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/angelica_de_paulo_976002.html

So it seems like she signed up with Utah State. I am guessing -- and it is only a guess -- that this was not her preference, and that for some kind of eligibility or academic reason she ended up at a relatively weak school. There is also another junior transfer from NMCC on the USU roster, so maybe she tagged along with a teammate.

It would have been nice to have her on our roster. I think she was a JC All-American F.

hog63

Quote from: rjm1940 on October 15, 2015, 10:40:32 pm
Hello fellow Hog fans.  I just joined this board.  This is my first comment.

I joined this board because you guys show a lot of interest in WBB, write interesting comments, and provide good to know information.  I have read most of the comments about WBB written in the past six months.  It has been a pleasure reading your comments and I thank you for your efforts.

What brought me to this site was a search for information on why de Paulo is not on our current roster.  I read multiple articles on her signing with the Hogs.  I never found anything saying she would not be on our roster.  Why is she not on our team?

I believe this question has been answered somewhere on this site, but I have not found it.

Being a foreign player, number of eligible years are always a question. In her case it was feared the NCAA would say she only has one year left and if they had done that the SEC wouldn't have allowed her to play in the SEC. She didn't want to take that risk and went elsewhere.

psycHOGlogist