Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

another article on AC and more recruiting news

Started by flippinhogmana, April 17, 2015, 09:29:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Arkansas Coach Jimmy Dykes signed first-team National Junior College Athletic Association All-American Alecia Colley (should be Cooley) today. Cooley officially visited the Razorbacks this past weekend along with her parents.

Cooley averaged 17.3 points and 11.7 rebounds at State Fair Community College in Missouri. She chose Arkansas over Minnesota and California. Dykes is happy to add more size to team.

"This is great news for the Razorback Nation as we welcome Alecia Cooley into our family," Dykes said. "Alecia is a legit SEC post player and gives us size on the inside. She is a great person, great teammate, and has a great desire to work and get better. We feel very fortunate to sign a player and person of her caliber in our first recruiting class."

Cooley joins the five recruits signed in the early signing period. The early signees were Conway's Jordan Danberry, North Little Rock point guard Malica Monk, shooting guard Bailey Zimmerman from Wonderview, forward Keiryn Swenson from Wichita (Kan.) Maize and forward Briunna Freeman from Pelham (Ga.).

Arkansas remains in contention for New Mexico Junior College first-team All-American power forward Angelica de Paulo, 6-1; Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College first-team All-American shooting guard Devin Cosper, 5-10; and Arkansas Baptist College forward Tatiyana Smith, 6-3.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

News

Devin Cosper Named First Team NJCAA All-American

March 31, 2015
Devin Cosper, #3, helped lead the Ravens to their second ever NJCAA National Women's Basketball Tournament appearance in 2015. She was named a first team NJCAA All-American on March 31 by the NJCAA.
Devin Cosper, #3, helped lead the Ravens to their second ever NJCAA National Women's Basketball Tournament appearance in 2015. She was named a first team NJCAA All-American on March 31 by the NJCAA.

Coffeyville Red Raven freshman guard Devin Cosper keeps adding to her trophy case. Cosper was named a first team NJCAA All-American by the NJCAA on March 31.

Cosper led the entire Jayhawk Conference, including west division schools, in scoring. Cosper averaged 20.3 points per game this past year and was fifth in the league in field goal percentage, making 52.4% from the field. Cosper made 269 field goals on 512 attempts including 38-of-99 from beyond the arc. Cosper also averaged 4.8 rebounds per game, 3.0 steals per game and dished out 55 assists in 35 games.

Cosper helped the Ravens to a 26-10 overall record this season which included a trip to the NJCAA National Tournament. Cosper scored 30 points in the Ravens first round national tournament win over Northeastern (Colo.) on March 16.

Cosper in the third Raven in school history to be named first team on the women's basketball NJCAA All-American team. Renee Dozier was a first team selection in 1985 and Angela Lackey was first team in 1998.

Cosper also received several Jayhawk Conference awards earlier in the month. Cosper was named Jayhawk East Most Valuable Player, Freshman of the Year, and was honored as a first team All-Conference selection.

Cosper is a Coffeyville native and a graduate of Field Kindley High School.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

For Tatiana Smith, From Arkansas Baptist, I would probably be best served by writing a brief synopsis since I havent found a good article on her.  It appears as though she played early but then grew a lot late and as such her skill set changed.  She is long, athletic, and her skills are best utilized at the present as a backup and mostly defensive skills (shot blocking, rebounding).  Emerging offensive skills.  Could get better with a lot of work, but with only two years remaining it would have to be a crash course.  Still could provide valuable minutes as a backup center.

flippinhogmana

Angelica de Paulo, I have mentioned in other threats, good active, leader type, decent offensive skills

psycHOGlogist

jackflash

I am down with Angelica De Paulo. Devin Cosper a 5-10 guard who can shoot would take this also