Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6'3" Alecia Cooley commits to Arkansas!

Started by The_Iceman, April 16, 2015, 12:21:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Jimmy Dykes ‏@CoachJimmyDykes

Welcome to the Razorback family Alecia Cooley from State Fair Community College. First team JC All-American. 6-3 post player. BE ARKANSAS👊🐗

revolution

MoHog74

This is great news.  Congratulations to CJD and his entire staff for making this happen; and also to Miss Cooley for choosing the right school to play her last 2 years.   
:razorback:

Rocket23

She didn't commit, she signed.  Dykes can't comment on commits, only actual signees.  We need some height, so hope she can play.

flippinhogmana

April 16, 2015, 01:42:45 pm #4 Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:25:15 pm by flippinhogmana
This is very good news.  She will be a help to JJ and the others and a bridge for the freshmen, too.

She is active, a scorer, rebounder and a good athlete.  From RD's publication:

Arkansas women's basketball coach Jimmy Dykes has announced the signing of a Junior College All American.

Center Alecia Cooley, 6-3 of State Fair, (Mo.) Community College earned first team All American honors this season while averaging 17.3 points and 11.7 rebounds. She made an official to Fayetteville over the weekend.  (She also averaged two blocks per game btw)

The Razorbacks are waiting word from power forward Angelica de Paulo, 6-1 of New Mexico Junior College. She recently made an official visit to Fayetteville. She was also named first team Junior College All American after averaging 16.5 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks. (last account I had, I believe LSU was our chief competition for Ms. de Paulo's services)
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jackflash

JackJohnson

big time get!  now if we can add the other JC de Paulo we should have just enough of a "big" presence to be more of a factor in both the SEC...and the NCAAT

LadybackBBFan

We can only hope that JD record with Junior College players is a lot better than Tom Collin's.  His picks were terrible!

nwahogfan1

Great news for the ladies program.  Jimmy needed athletic height and apparently got it.

We have another JUCO All American SG coming in this weekend and she would be very much welcomed to the program.  Lets hope her visit is a good one.

We also have a 6'3 athletic rebounding/shot blocker coming in.  Both of these ladies are very much needed. 

hoglady

Needed to hear something good today.
Just what we needed - some athletic size.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogtied85

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Hogtired10 on April 16, 2015, 05:22:41 pm
Will she have to sit out

NO Junior College transfers are eligible immediately

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Alecia Cooley singed her National Letter of Intent to play basketball for the University of Arkansas women's basketball team this fall, Razorback head coach Jimmy Dykes announced today.

Cooley is a 6-3 post player from Evanston, Ill.  She attended Evanston Township High School and was a junior college All-American at State Fair Community College in Sedalia, Mo., in her sophomore season.

Cooley paced State Fair to a 21-9 record and a 4-0 mark in conference play in 2014-15.

As a freshman, Cooley played in all 30 games averaging 22.2 minutes per game.  She averaged 11.4 points per game, shot 57.8 percent and had 7.0 rebounds per game.  Cooley earned MCCAC and Region 16 First-Team honors as a sophomore averaging 17.3 ppg and 11.7 rpg to lead the Roadrunners.  Cooley shot 55 percent from the floor and 70.3 percent from the line in her second season.

"This is great news for the Razorback Nation as we welcome Alecia Cooley into our family," Dykes said.  "Alecia is a legit SEC post player and gives us size on the inside. She is a great person, great teammate, and has a great desire to work and get better. We feel very fortunate to sign a player and person of her caliber in our first recruiting class."
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogtied85

Does anyone know her espn ranking prior to JC? How good is she really? She could be an all american at Arkansas

Hogtied85

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 16, 2015, 04:55:58 pm
Great news for the ladies program.  Jimmy needed athletic height and apparently got it.

We have another JUCO All American SG coming in this weekend and she would be very much welcomed to the program.  Lets hope her visit is a good one.

We also have a 6'3 athletic rebounding/shot blocker coming in.  Both of these ladies are very much needed.

Which two girls are you speaking of

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Hogtired10 on April 16, 2015, 05:43:29 pm
Does anyone know her espn ranking prior to JC? How good is she really? She could be an all american at Arkansas

She was a three star coming out of high school, but she was also only 6-1 until her senior year and has only been playing since the ninth grade.  She keeps getting better and better and she also grew an inch from her senior year till now.  She is a baller make no mistake about it.