Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 03:38:58 pm

Is it baseball season yet?

Started by BigDrDon, January 18, 2018, 10:22:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDrDon

Roundball talent is useless if you don't use it right. ::)
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BigDrDon on January 18, 2018, 10:22:02 am

I hate baseball so I really don't know when baseball season starts. There is a baseball forum on here so maybe you should start there.

I'll help you find your way.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=70.0
Hogs up! Covid down!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: BigDrDon on January 18, 2018, 10:22:02 am

February 16, my friend ... not soon enough ...

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 18, 2018, 10:26:06 am
I hate baseball so I really don't know when baseball season starts. There is a baseball forum on here so maybe you should start there.

And that sad since the baseball team has been the most consistent, most competitive nationally over the past 2 decades of any at the U of A other than track. Pre season top 5 this year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3of5-2

pigture perfect

EI is the Best forum on Hogville. You can get all of the baseball info there.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I'm sure it will be a disappointment too. 
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

FineAsSwine

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 18, 2018, 02:42:53 pm
EI is the Best forum on Hogville. You can get all of the baseball info there.

It's the best forum for baseball on Hogville. That's about as far as I would go.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogsanity on January 18, 2018, 02:35:44 pm
And that sad since the baseball team has been the most consistent, most competitive nationally over the past 2 decades of any at the U of A other than track. Pre season top 5 this year.

Just as long as they don't host a regional. Seem to not do too well at home in regionals.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Torqued pork

I don't know anyone outside of NWA that cares enough about Hog baseball to go to games. I'm sure there are some, but the numbers must be really low.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 20, 2018, 07:31:39 am
I don't know anyone outside of NWA that cares enough about Hog baseball to go to games. I'm sure there are some, but the numbers must be really low.

Might be, but they do get a pretty good turn out and I believe it's able to stand on its own without having to have other sports pay for it to stay alive. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

elksnort

They only have the 2nd or 3rd best attendance in all of college baseball.

3kgthog

Quote from: elksnort on January 20, 2018, 08:44:06 am
They only have the 2nd or 3rd best attendance in all of college baseball.

4th in the SEC last year after some uncooperative weather killed a few crowds. I look for us to reclaim our spot at #2 this season, right behind LSU's (what I believe to be) fudged attendance totals.

Torqued pork

January 20, 2018, 10:08:03 am #13 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:19:17 am by Torqued pork
Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 20, 2018, 08:21:22 am
Might be, but they do get a pretty good turn out and I believe it's able to stand on its own without having to have other sports pay for it to stay alive. 
They're definitively a good draw, but there's no comparison in statewide interest even with the increased coverage the baseball Hogs have been receiving from LR tv stations the last several years.

Knot2brite

Well I know that there is a huge drawing from down here in SW Arkansas ....I know lots of people that are up there every weekend they play from down here...they sell out the Little Rock game in hours usually ...Hog baseball isn't a NWA thing...people from all over the state come to see them
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Torqued pork

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 20, 2018, 10:47:28 am
Well I know that there is a huge drawing from down here in SW Arkansas ....I know lots of people that are up there every weekend they play from down here...they sell out the Little Rock game in hours usually ...Hog baseball isn't a NWA thing...people from all over the state come to see them
I would like to meet them. I can't find anyone in Hot Springs to talk Hog baseball with. Football and basketball yes. Bring up Hog baseball and you might as well be talking lacrosse.

FineAsSwine

To the dismay of a few in this thread, the basketball team remains very popular. Bud Walton is sold out again.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Knot2brite

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 20, 2018, 10:53:26 am
I would like to meet them. I can't find anyone in Hot Springs to talk Hog baseball with. Football and basketball yes. Bring up Hog baseball and you might as well be talking lacrosse.
Big groups of Hog baseball fans down here in Texarkana
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

pigture perfect

Im from the Beebe area, and our church is planning a men's outing to go opening weekend. I don't  think we are NWA, but I just need to check my GPS.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 18, 2018, 10:26:06 am

I hear there's  a trash can forum. I think you should post there. I'd be great fit.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=68.0

FineAsSwine

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 20, 2018, 11:05:53 am
To the dismay of a few in this thread, the basketball team remains very popular. Bud Walton is sold out again.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jvanhorn

Quote from: hogsanity on January 18, 2018, 02:35:44 pm

Well baseball is a little slowere what with not having a clock.  Probably not very attractive to people with ADD.  Probably gobbles his food right down, also.  lol.

oldbooniehog

Arkansas is picked top 5 preseason in baseball.

Which means Arkansas will probably struggle and disappoint, and not get out of a regional, like the last time the Hogs were highly ranked preseason. #1 preseason that year, wasn't it?

Such is the way of football, basketball and baseball at Arkansas.

No conference titles. Never quite "elite" even in the absolute best of times. Lone exception since joining the SEC was almost a quarter century ago in basketball.

Any time it looks like the Razorbacks have arrived, the wheels somehow fall off.

Experienced Hog fans know this is how the universe works, 99% of the time, and wait for the collapse we know is coming.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 20, 2018, 04:20:53 pm

Which means Arkansas will probably struggle and disappoint, and not get out of a regional, like the last time the Hogs were highly ranked preseason. #1 preseason that year, wasn't it?

No conference titles. Never quite "elite" even in the absolute best of times. Lone exception since joining the SEC was almost a quarter century ago in basketball.

Any time it looks like the Razorbacks have arrived, the wheels somehow fall off.

Experienced Hog fans know this is how the universe works, 99% of the time, and wait for the collapse we know is coming.
Why do you post the same stuff in every thread?

tkclark

2004 SEC champion in baseball. Try again

oldbooniehog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 20, 2018, 04:33:14 pm
Why do you post the same stuff in every thread?

Because it's the truth.

And has been the truth.

And continues to be the truth.

I wish it weren't so, but it is.

Letsroll1200

There is a forum to discuss baseball. Move this crap Mods!!!!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 20, 2018, 04:39:25 pm
Because it's the truth.

And has been the truth.

Ok. It's not like you're telling people the Lords coming back. Everybody heard you the first 50 times you said it.

tkclark

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 20, 2018, 04:39:25 pm
Because it's the truth.

And has been the truth.

And yet your above post is factually wrong.

tkclark

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 20, 2018, 04:40:38 pm
Ok. It's not like you're telling people the Lords coming back. Everybody heard you the first 50 times you said it.

He keeps saying this while ignoring the fact that the Razorbacks were the SEC regular season champ in 2004 and have consistently been relevant nationally in baseball.  No comparison between the standing of the baseball and basketball team from a national relevancy standpoint.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: tkclark on January 20, 2018, 04:45:09 pm
He keeps saying this while ignoring the fact that the Razorbacks were the SEC regular season champ in 2004 and have consistently been relevant nationally in baseball.  No comparison between the standing of the baseball and basketball team from a national relevancy standpoint.
And 1999. I know I pointed that out long ago. And the relevance of the CWS. Then he switched his argument to conference tournaments, which nobody cares about in baseball. He just says the same thing over and over again. He must be senile.

HogBreath

Seriously dude...is this dumbassery of your's really necessary?  Serves no purpose, there's no point in it, why do you keep doing it?

Are you starved for attention?  Just crazy?

63 of the 64 teams who make the Big Dance end their seasons with a loss.

All the teams who make the playoffs lose except for one.

Cut the crap, gramps.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?