Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uniforms

Started by hawgtime, December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 08:42:30 am
\
Ahh I get it, use stupid put downs to counter an argument because you're too stupid to make a valid point...  Then act like you don't even care... ;)

+1

rljjr

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 09, 2018, 04:51:11 am
Sorry bub, nobody cares...  They have been relevant recently and we have not been since the 60's.  Are you only trying to sell this to fans over the age 45-50?  At this point in time, no matter what you might be able to show fans at games with your handy historical uniform flip chart, we look like we are trying to look like them.  The 60's were a solid 50 years ago, time to move on.  When you start talking about the 60's even those of us in our 40's have no point of relation with anything you are saying, much less the teenagers.

People do care or we wouldn't be talking about it, and as for relevance on a sustained level you got that way wrong by nearly 30 years. We were nationally relevant for a sustained period up until we joined the SEC. Since then it's been sluggish except for the occasional year.

Pork Twain

Quote from: rljjr on February 09, 2018, 09:33:41 am
People do care or we wouldn't be talking about it, and as for relevance on a sustained level you got that way wrong by nearly 30 years. We were nationally relevant for a sustained period up until we joined the SEC. Since then it's been sluggish except for the occasional year.
Yes everything that is discussed on Hogville is something normal people worry about all day...  /sarcasm

Most do not actually remember the good ole SWC days either.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 09, 2018, 04:51:11 am
Sorry bub, nobody cares...  They have been relevant recently and we have not been since the 60's.  Are you only trying to sell this to fans over the age 45-50?  At this point in time, no matter what you might be able to show fans at games with your handy historical uniform flip chart, we look like we are trying to look like them.  The 60's were a solid 50 years ago, time to move on.  When you start talking about the 60's even those of us in our 40's have no point of relation with anything you are saying, much less the teenagers.

Sorry "bub", MANY do care . . . and the fact that YOU don't remember something and think that, therefore, it's "irrelevant" shows just how egocentric you are.  Not to mention, ignorant of your own team's history/legacy.  We also wore that same basic uniform through the 70's, 80's and 90's.  You DO remember some of those years - don't you?

Here's a bulletin for you - there WAS a world before you started crapping your britches, and there will be one when you're pushing up flowers.  You need to respect that.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 12, 2018, 06:46:52 pm
Sorry "bub", MANY do care . . . and the fact that YOU don't remember something and think that, therefore, it's "irrelevant" shows just how egocentric you are.  Not to mention, ignorant of your own team's history/legacy.  We also wore that same basic uniform through the 70's, 80's and 90's.  You DO remember some of those years - don't you?

Here's a bulletin for you - there WAS a world before you started crapping your britches, and there will be one when you're pushing up flowers.  You need to respect that.
I love this post...  +1  By the way I am in my 40's and about went bat darn crazy when they came out with those Apex unis with the big assed hogs on the sleeve. If I remember correctly they got a butt load of hate mail after those came out. I am pretty sure that's also why we saw the 05/06 Adidas uniforms come out. I still can't figure out what went wrong with those. I guess the change over to Nike.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.