Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When it comes down to crunch time

Started by billmontgomery10, January 22, 2015, 08:57:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

billmontgomery10

There is one player on this team who should absolutely never handle the ball. Never. We all know who he is, how come MA doesn't?

chiefhawg

lookawayquick

Don't get it. Makes poor decisions but He is a good FT shooter.

WhatsitHOGabout

I can think of 3 players that fit your description.

010HogFan

I don't like the ball in his hands...but he obviously has some voodoo luck in those moments.

billmontgomery10

Turnover prone and hitting about 10% from the field late in games.

BadHog

Portis and Qualls need to finish up every game.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

discombobulationist

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on January 22, 2015, 08:57:15 pm
There is one player on this team who should absolutely never handle the ball. Never. We all know who he is, how come MA doesn't?

Beard needs to be getting all of his minutes from here on out, and Babb needs to be getting the 2-guard minutes. High hopes have not panned out for those two upperclassmen.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

apcapri

If they played halfway decent defense we wouldn't need the last seconds to try and pull out a win.

hogfan10

Quote from: BadHog on January 22, 2015, 08:59:46 pm

Which one is going to dribble?

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

incHOGnito

Quote from: BadHog on January 22, 2015, 08:59:46 pm

Somebody has to miss the shot so they can follow it up with the buzzer beater tip-in.

hogfan10

Quote from: discombobulationist on January 22, 2015, 09:00:35 pm
Beard needs to be getting all of his minutes from here on out, and Babb needs to be getting the 2-guard minutes. High hopes have not panned out for those two upperclassmen.

Makes sense, let's replace 45+%/91% 3pt/FT shooter.

Danny J

If the game is tied or the other team is leading then he shouldn't be in the game regardless of FT%. If we are leading and we know the other team is looking to foul then that is another story. If he is going to be in the game under the former scenario then he doesn't need to be handling the ball. It should be Beard. Just my $.02

Danny J

Quote from: Danny J on January 22, 2015, 09:10:29 pm
If the game is tied or the other team is leading then he shouldn't be in the game regardless of FT%. If we are leading and we know the other team is looking to foul then that is another story. If he is going to be in the game under the former scenario then he doesn't need to be handling the ball. It should be Beard. Just my $.02
I will say he did make a couple of key plays late with one being an "and 1". Got to give him that.

pigelow

i don't like madden bringing the ball up the floor either, but without his 18 Pt's. tonight we lose

BadHog

Quote from: incHOGnito on January 22, 2015, 09:08:17 pm
Somebody has to miss the shot so they can follow it up with the buzzer beater tip-in.

I think they can pretty much count on the missed shot part!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

k.c.hawg

Yeah I think I'm gonna bitch about a guy drawing the defense to him and getting a shot up in close proximity of the rim with 1.5 left that allows our 6'10" rebounder to get to the rim for the finish.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hoglady

Why ride on Madden tonight?
There's plenty of nights he deserves it - don't see it tonight, though.
If we had lost it wouldn't have been because of Madden's mistake - it would have been the boneheaded foul by Portis with 2 seconds left.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

razorbackkid

Quote from: hoglady on January 22, 2015, 09:17:16 pm
Why ride on Madden tonight?
There's plenty of nights he deserves it - don't see it tonight, though.
If we had lost it wouldn't have been because of Madden's mistake - it would have been the boneheaded foul by Portis with 2 seconds left.
+1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

WilsonHog

Y'all are tripping all over the "no player bashing rule."