Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone seen this kid play? Staff is looking... (Shandon Goodman)

Started by Swinesong1, January 20, 2015, 02:15:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

If you are getting this from Richards article, no where does it say we are looking:

Forward Shandon Goodman, 6-9, 190 of Lincoln is drawing interest from numerous schools, including Indiana, Wisconsin, Arkansas State, Arkansas Little Rock, Virginia, DePaul and others.

However, he looks to have very good skills. You can tell he is a student of the game. I'm interested to hear from someone whos watched him.

Hogimus Prime

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 02:17:58 pm
If you are getting this from Richards article, no where does it say we are looking:

Forward Shandon Goodman, 6-9, 190 of Lincoln is drawing interest from numerous schools, including Indiana, Wisconsin, Arkansas State, Arkansas Little Rock, Virginia, DePaul and others.

However, he looks to have very good skills. You can tell he is a student of the game. I'm interested to hear from someone whos watched him.
please find it in your heart to forgive me!  Those were supposed to be question marks.  Now calm down please.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 20, 2015, 02:24:08 pm
please find it in your heart to forgive me!  Those were supposed to be question marks.  Now calm down please.

Seriously? I'm not sure in what state of mind you read my comment, because I'm not sure what warranted this response. You were stating the staff is looking, and if they were, I'm sure Richard would have mentioned it.

The_Iceman

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 02:28:06 pm
Couldn't tell by that video. Looked more like a solid 6'6".

That's what it looked to me

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 02:27:47 pm
Seriously? I'm not sure in what state of mind you read my comment, because I'm not sure what warranted this response. You were stating the staff is looking, and if they were, I'm sure Richard would have mentioned it.
Seriously. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 20, 2015, 02:37:17 pm
That's what it looked to me

I can see why Wisconsin would be looking at him. He fits their system very well.

grayhawg

Haven't seen him but I have sat in the bleachers and watched this kid. He's the read deal and hopefully we get him.

http://5newsonline.com/2015/01/16/van-burens-smith-impressing-in-all-phases/

The_Iceman

Quote from: grayhawg on January 20, 2015, 02:47:27 pm
Haven't seen him but I have sat in the bleachers and watched this kid. He's the read deal and hopefully we get him.

http://5newsonline.com/2015/01/16/van-burens-smith-impressing-in-all-phases/

Yeah, word I'm hearing is its between Oklahoma State and Arkansas.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 02:44:27 pm
I can see why Wisconsin would be looking at him. He fits their system very well.

Be a good kid to have on the wing for some catch and shoot off of Beard and Whitt drives.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 20, 2015, 02:49:45 pm
Be a good kid to have on the wing for some catch and shoot off of Beard and Whitt drives.

Could always use some shooting. But is he quick enough to guard SEC Wings?

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 03:02:34 pm
Could always use some shooting. But is he quick enough to guard SEC Wings?

Not sure, buy MA did a good job of hidinh Matt Carrol's lack of quickness when at Mizzou.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 20, 2015, 03:05:57 pm
Not sure, buy MA did a good job of hidinh Matt Carrol's lack of quickness when at Mizzou.

Lawrence.

Matt Carroll played at Notre Dame.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 02:49:32 pm
Yeah, word I'm hearing is its between Oklahoma State and Arkansas.

You heard correct.  Vandy assistant was there 2 weeks ago watching as well as MA.

Hogimus Prime

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2015, 02:17:58 pm

if he is really 6'9...he has very nice skills.. I could see him and Smith on a team..

Dr. Starcs

January 20, 2015, 03:50:23 pm #19 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:41:58 pm by Dr. Starcs
I've seen Goldman play several times.

He's good, but not d1 talent in my opinion. Relied too much on his 3 pt stroke last year when I feel like he could have dominated inside more. Especially at the 4A level were size is at a premium.

He does have very good range, but no lateral quickness unless he has developed that since last year.

If you're going to be D1, I believe you should dominate in a smaller classification. He didn't do that last year and his team is just average this year.

IMO, he should have transferred to a better school this year as he has no real talent around him this year anymore.

He could be a solid player at a lower level college I think. Should learn from the Hunter Mickelsons of the basketball world.

Edit - got held to 3 points tonight in a loss to prairie grove