Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forrest City Joe

Started by Scott7703, January 19, 2015, 04:56:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott7703

Great call on Drive Time Sports earlier. Telling it like it was and not babying the coaches or team. Great job and call sir.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2015, 05:42:18 pm
His ego cannot be fulfilled on here, so now he is back on the radio

Several years back he had his own radio show for a few days.

forrest city joe

I said on DTS what i have posted on here. i said that i am 100% behind coach Anderson. and have faith that he will get th9is defense fixed.and that i still think thisteam will be in the dance this year. but we have got to start playing some defense. and Mike will fixed this problem. GO HOGS.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 19, 2015, 06:42:49 pm
Several years back he had his own radio show for a few days.
It's on the way back. been working on it for a while. had it for a few years when my friend Blake was still alive. miss my good friend to this day.

Dr. Starcs

Joe, what would have to happen for you to believe a coaching change should take place? (If any)

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 19, 2015, 06:56:17 pm
Joe, what would have to happen for you to believe a coaching change should take place? (If any)
When deep down i feel he just can't get the job done. the program comes before anyone or any thing. i know if we give Mike enough time to build this program. we all are going to be very happy. the program is getting better every year.Mike is doing a very good job on and off the court. some people just need to chill. there are going to be some more more this year. and it's no need for people to go crazy after every loss. this team is going to be OK. i still say they are going to be in the Dance.

popcornhog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 19, 2015, 07:08:34 pm
Wrong Answer FCJ, we have an NBA player in year 4 of CMA as the Hogs coach. We should not be losing at home to Ole Piss and pouting and crying by the players isn't helping either.

Horrible game. Horrible week.

But the season will be judged for better or worse in March, not January.
WPS

SPAL

Oh boy. Let's publicize this narcissist so that his ego can be stroked a little more.

Dr. Starcs

I'm not letting you off that easy joe.

I want your word on something tangible. Wins/losses, tourney appearances, etc.

Lets just see how far into CMA you are.

Boardon Hamsay

FCJ = a voice for folks that can't seem to make up their own minds based on what they see.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 19, 2015, 07:08:34 pm
Wrong Answer FCJ, we have an NBA player in year 4 of CMA as the Hogs coach. We should not be losing at home to Ole Piss and pouting and crying by the players isn't helping either.

This is a better, honest assessment of things as they are now. Unfortunately though, I believe we are in for the long haul with MA. So, it just is what it is.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Marshfieldhog

Anderson better make the tourney in year 4, because year 5 is has backed himself into a rebuilding year unless he can beg Portis/Qualls not to leave. Yes, I'm aware Whitt is coming but if Portis and Qualls leave there isn't going to be any inside scoring.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 19, 2015, 06:46:22 pm
I said on DTS what i have posted on here. i said that i am 100% behind coach Anderson. and have faith that he will get th9is defense fixed.and that i still think thisteam will be in the dance this year. but we have got to start playing some defense. and Mike will fixed this problem. GO HOGS.

Joe, while our defense has been horrid the last two games, I am almost as concerned by our offensive ineptitude vs. a zone.

If we don't get that problem solved we're going to keep seeing a lot of it, and a lot of "L's", too.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Rooster Hogburn

FCJ is a voice of reason in defense of a program and coach on the rise.

Thank you FCJ!
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on January 19, 2015, 09:12:24 pm
FCJ is a voice of reason in defense of a program and coach on the rise.

Thank you FCJ!

FCJ, a voice of reason??

I will say since Sat, more so.  Before, not so much.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

maggiesue

FCJ, not sure of your background that points you to those complimentary thoughts about MA, but did you watch the game I watched Saturday...70%+ field goal percentage in first half and almost 100 points in our house?  Appreciate the loyalty but that was awful and mid-season in year 4 gives me great pause for concern.  Concern for this year and the future.....opportunity cost of not bringing in a Greg Marshall type of coach while we swim in a pool of mediocrity is huge!

tophawg19

after this season likely Portis, Qualls And Madden are gone . that leaves us starting over next year.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

FATHAWG08

Quote from: maggiesue on January 19, 2015, 09:54:56 pm
FCJ, not sure of your background that points you to those complimentary thoughts about MA, but did you watch the game I watched Saturday...70%+ field goal percentage in first half and almost 100 points in our house?  Appreciate the loyalty but that was awful and mid-season in year 4 gives me great pause for concern.  Concern for this year and the future.....opportunity cost of not bringing in a Greg Marshall type of coach while we swim in a pool of mediocrity is huge!
Why do you think we could have gotten anybody better than MA. We are not a Big Time program who plays in a Basketball Conference. The kids playing today probably don't even know about our glory days.
I love off season Football!!

Dropkick

Maddens 2014/15 type play won't be missed. I really thought the light came on for him late last year but someone shut the fridge door I guess.

maggiesue

I will turn your question around....why not?  Resources, competitive pay with top programs, great fans, SEC, tradition and talent all around us....see Memphis, Little Rock, Texas, Tulsa, Missouri.

Look at Virginia.....program was down, a great basketball conference, and they bring in a coach who stresses defense and fundamentals and they are top 5 in the nation in the same amount of time....Bennett had been at Washington St.

Don't get your logic.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I'd like for iron Mike ro organize a round table special with forrest city joe, pondwater jack blasingame, and odell.  They could discuss hot button razorback issues and debate various controversies.

I'd watch.

hogsanity

What should concern everyone is that this team is making the same mistakes they were making last year and the year before. They still can't operate against a zone, they still can't play defense very well, the rebounding is better, but it still seems when they really need one, when late in a close game they force a bad shot, they can' not get the rebound. The press is still giving up way too many cheapies, and they still play pretty poor three point D.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: maggiesue on January 19, 2015, 10:14:32 pm
I will turn your question around....why not?  Resources, competitive pay with top programs, great fans, SEC, tradition and talent all around us....see Memphis, Little Rock, Texas, Tulsa, Missouri.

Look at Virginia.....program was down, a great basketball conference, and they bring in a coach who stresses defense and fundamentals and they are top 5 in the nation in the same amount of time....Bennett had been at Washington St.

Don't get your logic.

Bennett only had one NCAA tournament appearance in his first four years on the job. I believe if we let the season play out we could say the same thing about MA. This team has to buy in on defense.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2015, 08:16:44 am
What should concern everyone is that this team is making the same mistakes they were making last year and the year before. They still can't operate against a zone, they still can't play defense very well, the rebounding is better, but it still seems when they really need one, when late in a close game they force a bad shot, they can' not get the rebound. The press is still giving up way too many cheapies, and they still play pretty poor three point D.

It's all about coaching

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2015, 08:25:18 am
Bennett only had one NCAA tournament appearance in his first four years on the job. I believe if we let the season play out we could say the same thing about MA. This team has to buy in on defense.

In a much, much, much tougher conference.  That makes your comparison invalid.

It's much easier to bring a program to the NCAAT level in the SEC -- or should be.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 20, 2015, 09:23:58 am

It's much easier to bring a program to the NCAAT level in the SEC -- or should be.

Excuses!!! The last time I checked Florida and Kentucky where in the final four last season. The great ACC was absent.

wildturkey8

January 20, 2015, 10:25:52 am #26 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:53:19 pm by wildturkey8
This needed to happen, it brought the problems out in the open.  Before, they could use playing on the road as an excuse, but the problems were deeper.  No, our deficiencies are our problem, take care of them, then this team wins on the road and at home.

mhuff

Quote from: popcornhog on January 19, 2015, 07:34:07 pm
Horrible game. Horrible week.

But the season will be judged for better or worse in March, not January.

mhuff

I did not watch the game. I could not get it. But I would not have watched long. Defense should be a constant .If you give up over 50 points in a half, there's no excuse. I don't watch bad BB.

maggiesue

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 20, 2015, 09:23:58 am

maggiesue

HawedDaddy, I think you and I are aligned....if Bennett can take Virginia to a #2 ranking in the ACC in 5 years, because of fundamentals and defense, there should be no excuses in the SEC.  Good coaches are everywhere.  We happen to have one who might be better suited for an AAU team.

Otis

FCJ was right. Mike said in his press conference today that the defense WILL be fixed. How so you ask? By more intensity. Not changing how we switch screens 40 feet from the basket or chase the ball with double teams everywhere. He will fix it it by scrambling everywhere with even more intensity.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Otis on January 20, 2015, 07:41:46 pm
FCJ was right. Mike said in his press conference today that the defense WILL be fixed. How so you ask? By more intensity. Not changing how we switch screens 40 feet from the basket or chase the ball with double teams everywhere. He will fix it it by scrambling everywhere with even more intensity.
Good lord! You mean we are going to look even more disorganized on D?
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Otis

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 20, 2015, 08:01:04 pm
Good lord! You mean we are going to look even more disorganized on D?

Just as disorganized, but with more intensity.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: maggiesue on January 20, 2015, 07:32:40 pm
HawedDaddy, I think you and I are aligned....if Bennett can take Virginia to a #2 ranking in the ACC in 5 years, because of fundamentals and defense, there should be no excuses in the SEC.  Good coaches are everywhere.  We happen to have one who might be better suited for an AAU team.

I believe this is Bennett 6th year at Virgina

hogfan10

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2015, 09:10:17 pm
I believe this is Bennett 6th year at Virgina

Weren't they a 1 or 2 seed last year?

rzrbkf4n

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 19, 2015, 06:46:22 pm

I am with you FCJ. We fix up the defense to just average and we will be a force. Anderson haters can kick rocks as always.

WooPig90

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2015, 09:57:07 pm
after this season likely Portis, Qualls And Madden are gone . that leaves us starting over next year.

Qualls should not be going anywhere