Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita....

Started by Swinesong1, January 19, 2015, 04:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

Need to sign him to go along with Whitt and need a scoring forward that can create his own shot.

Danny J

Would be a great get especially if Portis stays.

The_Iceman

Good news. I feel it's really between us and Mizzou. I don't see Memphis getting him.

intelligence

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2015, 04:59:20 pm
Good news. I feel it's really between us and Mizzou. I don't see Memphis getting him.

Memphis is still Memphi$$$... don't count them out just yet.

The_Iceman

Quote from: intelligence on January 19, 2015, 05:26:43 pm
Memphis is still Memphi$$$... don't count them out just yet.

True. And I wouldn't put anything past some of the assistants on thr Mi$$ouri staff.

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2015, 07:01:58 pm
True. And I wouldn't put anything past some of the assistants on thr Mi$$ouri staff.
I think Arkan$a$ has him in the bag.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

mhuff

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on January 19, 2015, 04:35:44 pm
Need to sign him to go along with Whitt and need a scoring forward that can create his own shot.

mhuff

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2015, 07:01:58 pm

That was last coach. I don't know about this one.

Thepigdoctor

Why come here if Anderson is the coach? Can't recruit, can't develop players, can't coach.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 20, 2015, 06:08:06 pm
Why come here if Anderson is the coach? Can't recruit, can't develop players, can't coach.

Name two players that are worse this year than last...  Maybe Madden and Bell, but you could say pretty easily that everyone else has improved.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 20, 2015, 06:54:50 pm
Name two players that are worse this year than last...  Maybe Madden and Bell, but you could say pretty easily that everyone else has improved.

Look at my post history...sarcasm my friend.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 20, 2015, 10:45:59 pm
Look at my post history...sarcasm my friend.

Sorry, after this past week the line has been a bit more blurred than normal.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 21, 2015, 12:23:03 am
Sorry, after this past week the line has been a bit more blurred than normal.

Not a problem, I'm not a known name on hogville. I'm not a blind MA follower, I see our problems and readily acknowledge same. The bridge jumpers who hide after wins, only come out after losses make jump ball hard to read. I wouldn't have a problem if these people gave credit after wins, but they are agenda driven, fire MA. I try to be objective and will give the benefit of the doubt to him for the progress he's made in 3 1/2 years, but there are reasons to be both concerned and optimistic. Getting Whitt, reason for optimism. Landing TK, would be huge.

IMO, these two guys are a glimpse into what can save us. CMA has some talent on this team, but I'm not sold its the talent we need in his system to take us to the next level. He's patched together a roster of some talent, with project players who fit his style. The key to our success is the next two classes. He needs to land not only players that can excel in his system, but ones who do not need two years to develop their games, like Qualls. Madden, Bell, Harris, those guys have some talent, but they don't bring the intangibles to excel in his system, and their shortcomings are exposed in this style. Is it CMA's fault because he recruited and thus relies on them (madden wasn't his recruit I know - edited). To an extent yes, but I also look at where the program was realistically and feel, he reached a bit, hoping to get more but not having better options, and had to fill a roster rather than just having walkons fill the bench.

He's now been given the appropriate time to identify recruits for his style who have talent and the next two classes will make or break his career. If he can't land the talent needed, that also fits his system, it's time for a change. I'm a Hog fan and want the team to succeed, but I don't believe it's time for a change just yet. If we can't dramatic increase the talent with all of the highly rated players on the board the next two years, I'll drive the moving truck. The program has finally gotten the off court issues resolved and we are stable. The next goal is getting the talent to improve on the court. We are night and day better from where we were when MA was hired and the fact that two losses can create such a firestorm shows that expectations have again been raised. That is what CMA has brought us, a reason to expect good things again, but this isn't a finished product.

GuvHog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on January 19, 2015, 04:35:44 pm

A 7'0" 245-250 pound muscled up big man who can dominate the paint would be better IMHO.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: GuvHog on January 21, 2015, 12:54:16 pm
A 7'0" 245-250 pound muscled up big man who can dominate the paint would be better IMHO.

There are tons of those just growing on trees.

Cresthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 21, 2015, 01:11:05 pm
There are tons of those just growing on trees.

YEA!

Why can't Mike just recruit Shaq? WTH?

outlawhogeywells

yea those grow on trees

rhinohog84

Why don't we put Dan Skipper on the court

intelligence

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on January 21, 2015, 08:33:00 pm
yea those grow on trees

those trees are not common in our state though