Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rest of the way

Started by Pork Twain, January 18, 2015, 09:51:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you think we will finish out the regular season?

14-0
3 (1.5%)
13-1
0 (0%)
12-2
8 (3.9%)
11-3
10 (4.9%)
10-4
41 (19.9%)
9-5
37 (18%)
8-6
38 (18.4%)
7-7
40 (19.4%)
6-8
15 (7.3%)
5-9
14 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Pork Twain

We have 14 games left (7 road/7 home)

Jan 22 vs ALA (12-5)
Jan 24 @ MIZZ (7-10)
Jan 27 vs TENN (11-5)
Jan 31 @ FLA (10-7)
Feb 3 vs SCAR (10-6)
Feb 7 vs MSST (8-9)
Feb 10 @ AUB (10-7)
Feb 14 @ MISS (11-6)
Feb 18 vs MIZZ (7-10)
Feb 21 @ MSST (8-9)
Feb 24 vs TA&M (11-5)
Feb 28 @ #1 UK (17-0)
Mar 5 @ SCAR  (10-6)
Mar 7 vs LSU

Bold are my losses (optimistic...)
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BigSexyHog

So we Probably go 7 and 7 out of those 14 games?  Maybe 8 and 6?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ICEman

10 - 8 conference record with a near free falling RPI will keep our bags unpacked in midMarch.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

3kgthog

We're going down at Auburn. Pearl has them fighting and clawing. We don't do well against that kind of effort. I can almost see Bama stealing one on Thursday, too. It's a totally idiotic start time of 6:00, so the fans should arrive late and in a post-work daze. Advantage Tide.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with all those losses and wins. We are going to be sweating on Selection Sunday and I don't think it ends well for us.

Kevin

Still holding on to 10-4

Need to get to 12

Who says I never say anything positive
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mizzouman

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 18, 2015, 09:51:48 am
We have 14 games left (7 road/7 home)

Jan 22 vs ALA (12-5)
Jan 24 @ MIZZ (7-10)
Jan 27 vs TENN (11-5)
Jan 31 @ FLA (10-7)
Feb 3 vs SCAR (10-6)
Feb 7 vs MSST (8-9)
Feb 10 @ AUB (10-7)
Feb 14 @ MISS (11-6)
Feb 18 vs MIZZ (7-10)
Feb 21 @ MSST (8-9)
Feb 24 vs TA&M (11-5)
Feb 28 @ #1 UK (17-0)
Mar 5 @ SCAR  (10-6)
Mar 7 vs LSU

Bold are my losses (optimistic...)
Hogs beat Mizzou both games this year. We are really bad.

-Blu

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2015, 10:27:08 am
Still holding on to 10-4

Need to get to 12

Who says I never say anything positive

:o

TheRazorbackGuy

We are not winning more than 6 of 7 games the way this team is currently playing.

Wisco Pig

No idea after that mess last night.   After Kentucky the SEC is a scramble.   Cannot get a good read on any team from #2 to #10. 

razorbackchamps94

We lose all road games left .. Expect Miss St

hogsanity

Think they need to go no worse than 9-5 & that likely puts them on the bubble sweating selection Sunday.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog Milanese

Quote from: ICEman on January 18, 2015, 10:05:13 am
10 - 8 conference record with a near free falling RPI will keep our bags unpacked in midMarch.

RazorPiggie

Danny J

I still think we finish 12-6. We will win a game on the road we shouldn't win.

TNhawgfan

I think we lack veteran leadership, so when things start to really look bleak we'll  fold. 6 and 8
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

lefty08

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 18, 2015, 01:58:21 pm
I think we lack veteran leadership, so when things start to really look bleak we'll  fold. 6 and 8

Like the hogville fanbase?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

RacinRazorback

Unfortunately we go 6 and 8 and no tourney this year. I was at BWA Saturday nite, a packed house, great atmosphere, and we couldn't grab our butt with both hands! This team is in left field right now and I don't see it getting better. High school teams are more fundamentally sound than the we are. Been following Razorback sports all 55 years of my life, but this CMA team really has me scratching my bald head.

latrops

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 18, 2015, 01:58:21 pm

We miss Coty Clarke more than anyone would have thought.  He was an effort guy that did lots of positive things that didn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.  He was also a bit more consistent as a scorer/rebounder than Harris and Williams are. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: latrops on January 19, 2015, 08:43:19 am
We miss Coty Clarke more than anyone would have thought.  He was an effort guy that did lots of positive things that didn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.  He was also a bit more consistent as a scorer/rebounder than Harris and Williams are.

Exactly, this guy was the defensive presence we don't have right now. The only 2 players we have that could fill his spot are Kingsley and Williams and they just don't know how to play the game, they generally find a way to be out of position. Not to mention the fact that offense looks like it is in mud when they come in together.

gmarv

when hogville turns against the team I think it means were going on a run I say 10-4.

elksnort

I'm sticking with my 21-10 regular season record, which would mean 8-6 to finish the season.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: latrops on January 19, 2015, 08:43:19 am

I for one knew his loss would be hard to compensate for. I hoped Williams or Harris would pick up some of his slack, but offensively I didn't see anyone would could give us what Coty did, outside of Harris who is too inconsistent.

Coty was a stat stuffer. Always good for 6-8 boards, 1-2 blocks, 2-3 steals, and 10-15 points. So much ran through him because he took care of the ball. He is the type of 3rd scorer we could have counted on. He drove the ball with purpose, was pretty good from the free throw line, possibly even great, I can't remember his final % last year, but want to say it was 80%+. What he brought most importantly were all the intangibles. Leadership, heart, effort. His void is what is hurting us this year.

WilsonHog

I went with 9-5. Maybe 11-7 in conference play and 22-9 will get us in, although the the first round of the SEC Tournament might amount to a play-in game for us.

riccoar

I said 11-3.  I still believe too much talent for a team to play that bad all the way through.  Way too many weapons to have lost the last two games for sure.

Quote from: Danny J on January 18, 2015, 01:53:12 pm
I still think we finish 12-6. We will win a game on the road we shouldn't win.
My thoughts too.

Atlhogfan1

Outside of OM and UK on the road, it is hard to point to games and believe it will be a loss.  Martin has had success against Anderson teams and playing at Florida won't be easy. 

But then you have to factor in how we are playing as far as forcing players into the system, the staff seemingly lost on player combinations at this point and the familiarity our opponents have in preparing for us and more losses seem possible. 

As I said before the conference season started, the rollercoaster is just too unpredictable.  I still think it ends up with 11-13 SEC wins somehow.  I just can't tell you how with any certainty.  May lose at AU and MSU and win at OM and SC.  11 wins brings into play double digit losses without winning the SECT but would get the Hogs in the NCAAT.  10 wins brings in double digit losses before the SECT which makes the RPI, SOS and conference's numbers holding up important as well as that first SECT game perhaps. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pork Twain

You guys have a lot more faith than I do.  I see no reason to believe this cat will change its spots at this stage in the game.  We have let crappy teams hang close all season long and played poorly on the road.  I see them just as likely losing any game as winning any.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dominicanhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 19, 2015, 01:14:07 pm
I went with 9-5. Maybe 11-7 in conference play and 22-9 will get us in, although the the first round of the SEC Tournament might amount to a play-in game for us.

same here... 9-5 and sweating every win/loss... you need guards to win..

Wild Bill Hog

7-7 assuming we beat Tinner.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: riccoar on January 19, 2015, 01:22:43 pm
I said 11-3.  I still believe too much talent for a team to play that bad all the way through.  Way too many weapons to have lost the last two games for sure.
I wouldn't feel that confident in this team if all 14 were at the bud
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hog.goblin

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 18, 2015, 09:54:15 am
So we Probably go 7 and 7 out of those 14 games?  Maybe 8 and 6?

That's where I'm at.  If the defense shows up we could win 10 or 11.  I haven't seen anything to make me think the defense is going to show up.

Boardon Hamsay

8-6 feels about right at this point and right on the bubble.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

nwahogfan1

I don't see any toughness on this team.  We only have one player with any size and weight on the team and he doesn't play so teams like MS who recruit men will kill us inside the paint. 

I am frustrated right now so not over optimistic.  I am like many on here and could see us losing every game because of our last two efforts.   But I know we will come back and win 5 or 6.  I don't see us going the rest of the way  undefeated at home.  I did until Ms just abused us.  So we will probable lose the S.C. and A@M at home and another one Tn is possible if we don't learn how to play better half court defense.  The 7 away games will be 2-5.  I think we will beat 2 out of these 3 on the road  Mo. Aub or Ms St.

That is 7-7 and NIT bid.

Not going to be a happy summer for our BB fans unless Coach can sign us 2 or 3 more top 150 players in April.  How many says he will do this??????????

Hogfan1660

Auburn will kick our teeth in this year. We will see CBP make coaching adjustments and break our press down with ease. 

rhog1

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 20, 2015, 11:21:33 am
I don't see any toughness on this team.  We only have one player with any size and weight on the team and he doesn't play so teams like MS who recruit men will kill us inside the paint. 

I am frustrated right now so not over optimistic.  I am like many on here and could see us losing every game because of our last two efforts.   But I know we will come back and win 5 or 6.  I don't see us going the rest of the way  undefeated at home.  I did until Ms just abused us.  So we will probable lose the S.C. and A@M at home and another one Tn is possible if we don't learn how to play better half court defense.  The 7 away games will be 2-5.  I think we will beat 2 out of these 3 on the road  Mo. Aub or Ms St.

That is 7-7 and NIT bid.

Not going to be a happy summer for our BB fans unless Coach can sign us 2 or 3 more top 150 players in April.  How many says he will do this??????????

If we go 7-7 and make the NIT then we need a new coaching staff. Not necessarily Mike, but at least a new assistant or two who can improve recruiting.  This team has too much talent to be in the NIT. I still feel like we find a way to get 10 more wins and make it in as an 8 or 9 seed in the NCAA.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on January 20, 2015, 11:27:16 am
Auburn will kick our teeth in this year. We will see CBP make coaching adjustments and break our press down with ease.

No way. If Pearl had the players, you might be right, but he doesn't this year. They're coming though.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 20, 2015, 11:33:37 am
No way. If Pearl had the players, you might be right, but he doesn't this year. They're coming though.

Does he have decent guards? If so, Auburn will be a problem this year. IF he has weak guards, Hogs probably win.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: lefty08 on January 19, 2015, 07:47:10 am
Like the hogville fanbase?

Yeah, Hogville fanbase is the biggest problem the Hogs have.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2015, 11:40:08 am
Does he have decent guards? If so, Auburn will be a problem this year. IF he has weak guards, Hogs probably win.

Harrell and Mason are both seniors and are pretty decent, but other than Cinmeon Bowers, they have absolutely no help.

Ole Miss had great guards AND good post play. A complete team.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

pigture perfect

We will win some we weren't supposed to and lose some we weren't supposed to. That's the frustration.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorbackkid

It's crazy bad when one has absolutely no idea of how this teams is going to play.

0-14 isn't out of the question if this same team that lost to Ole Miss shows up every game.

I'll say 8-6 just to be positive.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackchamps94

WBOBO

14-0 baby!!!!!!!  Time to get on the Hog train!!!!!!!
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

bigred223

Sharky

8-6 or 9-5 seems likely. Should beat Mizzou twice. Should lose to Kentucky. Should win most of the home games. We don't seem to have much depth this year.

alaback

No less than 10 wins.  At this point in the season, the other teams are who we think they are, and we can't let em off the hook.  The only loss is that is assured is UK, other than that, every other game is manageable.  Lose 3 of 6 manageable games, and that give you 10 wins. 

Amazing how all common sense goes out the window after a couple of losses to decent teams.  I can see how could lose to UT and Ole Miss, but people calling for losses at Mizzou or Miss St.  Come on man!  We have a couple of wins ON THE ROAD to decent teams, maybe tournament teams.  Really, people need to use some logic when it comes to this kind of stuff. 

jared72404

12-2 with losses at UK and OM

hog.goblin

Quote from: jared72404 on January 22, 2015, 01:19:31 pm
12-2 with losses at UK and OM

I would like to have a tote of what you're smoking.

Hoggish1

Man I would take 8-6 right now!  Don't see it though.  We might be 7-7 but 6-8 is how we're trending.

20 - 12 wouldn't get us in; 21-11 wouldn't either. 22-10 uh, won't do it.  We'll need 23-9 to make it.

So we need to go 9-5 here on out.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 19, 2015, 03:32:09 pm
You guys have a lot more faith than I do.  I see no reason to believe this cat will change its spots at this stage in the game.  We have let crappy teams hang close all season long and played poorly on the road.  I see them just as likely losing any game as winning any.

I agree.  We are a tad better than 50% at home and may reach 25% on the road if we play lights out...