Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Anderson get another 4 years?

Started by billmontgomery10, January 17, 2015, 11:18:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

billmontgomery10

Realistically how long does he get to create a nationally relevant team. You think this year's team is mediocre, wait until next year when Portis, Qualls, Madden and Harris are gone. Not going to be pretty....

arkansasrazorback

Next year will be very close to his first losing season.  If it's not a losing season it will be about 16-14 or something like that

revolution

NO! No Tourney this year should mean No Mike next year. No Excuses!

cityhog

I'm not a fan but he gets at least 1 maybe 2 more after this season. Next year is a free pass year because of the talent loss. Get Monk and he buys himself another year. If he doesn't next year will make 5 and that would be it.

BroyledNutts

CMA will be the head coach until the attendance and season ticket sales dip to the point of damaging the program financially - if that ever happens, he will be bought out. Termination will never be mentioned.

Kevin

he gets as long as he wants.

remember, he has cleaned up the academic performance of the team
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Boar War

Mikes here as long as he wants provided he doesn't mess up off the court.

Boardon Hamsay

Mike will be here as long as he wants to be here.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

bpoecell

Everyone knows it takes eight years to build a basketball program.

3kgthog

So glad he got that extension. I'm sure it'll help turn the program around.

Atlhogfan1

He is coach for life.  This era will last a long time and there will be some success - enough to ensure he is coach for life.  The team will probably still make a run this season.  It needs to go 9-5 over the last 14. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Horthawg

No. One more year to get it done or he's gotta go.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

WilsonHog

Let me put it another way.

Mike doesn't have to do what Nolan did.

If he wins 18-24 a year; if he gets us in the NCAA occasionally and the NIT the other years; if his kids stay out of trouble off the court and go to class, he'll be here until he decides not to be.

Why, you ask?

Because he is Mike.

He does not play by the same rules - not held to the same standards - that Heath and Pelphrey were.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Kevin

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 17, 2015, 11:29:13 pm

If he wins 18-24 a year; if he gets us in the NCAA occasionally and the NIT the other years; if his kids stay out of trouble off the court and go to class, he'll be here until he decides not to be.

Why, you ask?

Because he is Mike.

and this is why i did not want him to get the job
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Atlhogfan1

Why, you ask?

Because he is Mike.

He does not play by the same rules - not held to the same standards - that Heath and Pelphrey were.

Yep.  Which will produce a lot of apathy in the fan base.  Some have already accepted this reality. 

He shouldn't be held to their standard.  He is a better, more accomplished coach.  The standard should be higher. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

forrest city joe

Mike will be here a long time. and he will get the job done. glade Jeff Long gave him that extension.he gets 6 or 7 years in my opinion. and i would be very happy if he got that much time. so stop it.

Kevin

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:35:20 pm
what does get the job done mean?

I thought about asking.  Wilson spells it out though.  It is fluid and not remarkable achievements. 

BroyledNutts

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:34:01 pm
Mike will be here a long time. and he will get the job done. glade Jeff Long gave him that extension.he gets 6 or 7 years in my opinion. and i would be very happy if he got that much time. so stop it.

Joe, I admire your support and confidence in him...could you please, and I mean this, help me to understand your unwavering support of CMA? What do you see in him, and his abilities, that others either can't [or do not want to see]. Help me to understand what it is I'm not connecting with that keeps me from having the same confidence in him and the program he's running.

You can PM me if you don't want to open yourself up to the sharks that circle your posts.

Kevin

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 17, 2015, 11:38:32 pm
I thought about asking.  Wilson spells it out though.  It is fluid and not remarkable achievements. 

so, if that is the standard, then i say cut the funds back, put it somewhere else, that excellence is demanded.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:46:35 pm
so, if that is the standard, then i say cut the funds back, put it somewhere else, that excellence is demanded.
Stop talking about cutting fund, and support the program and coach Anderson. by year 6 or 7 he will have this program rolling.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:54:16 pm
Stop talking about cutting fund, and support the program and coach Anderson. by year 6 or 7 he will have this program rolling.

It shouldn't be taking this long

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:54:16 pm

are you going to give our football coach that long?

by year 6 or 7, it will be the same thing. no better, no worse

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on January 17, 2015, 11:18:36 pm
Realistically how long does he get to create a nationally relevant team. You think this year's team is mediocre, wait until next year when Portis, Qualls, Madden and Harris are gone. Not going to be pretty....

Madden and Harris gone won't hurt. Qualls should be back, maybe Portis.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:57:12 pm
are you going to give our football coach that long?

by year 6 or 7, it will be the same thing. no better, no worse
Yes. i have always supported coach B. pull up a post where i ever said fire him. or where i ever said he could not get the job done. i support Mike and coach B.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:59:34 pm
Yes. i have always supported coach B. pull up a post where i ever said fire him. or where i ever said he could not get the job done. i support Mike and coach B.

i did not say you did not support him now. what about 6 years from now, if he does not get above 7 wins?

HOGINTENNESSEE

January 18, 2015, 12:01:08 am #27 Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:18:43 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Can he finish the 4th year before we decide?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

We haven't done jack in 20 years.  Meh, what's another 4?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

forrest city joe

This team and coach Anderson need our support. what they don't need is some of their own fans giving up on them. they played bad on defense the last 2 games. but the season is far from over.GO HOGS.

Danny J

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on January 17, 2015, 11:59:23 pm
Madden and Harris gone won't hurt. Qualls should be back, maybe Portis.
And THAT ^^^ is reality. If those two come back with Whitt we will be legit final four contenders. No doubt in my mind. If we lose both of those guys we will be back to where we were last year even with the addition of Whitt.

Kevin

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 18, 2015, 12:01:08 am
Can he finish the 4 year before decide?

sure, but it does not matter. we could win 20, go to the nit, again. it just doesn't matter

ArkansasI

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:34:01 pm
Joe,

You are a hypocrite. I hope you recapture the objectivity that made you an interesting and passionate fan.

Mike will be the Razorback head coach as long as the money holds out. Those of us that are not wealthy are losing interest. Quickly.  Luckily for Mike, his tenure with Nolan was long, creating deep roots. He'll be given every opportunity. But it's year 4, and it's hard to see the program turning around.

It has been a long time.  We grasp for signs of hope every year. But it keeps getting easier to let go.

Marshfieldhog

If he can't get to the tourney this year then he better get Monk. Miss on those 2 and he is toast. Tonight was embarrassing, Pel could have done just as we'll these last 4 years and that isn't a compliment to Pel.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 18, 2015, 12:09:22 am
If he can't get to the tourney this year then he better get Monk. Miss on those 2 and he is toast. Tonight was embarrassing, Pel could have done just as we'll these last 4 years and that isn't a compliment to Pel.
Stop it, just stop it. we lost ba at home, and some of you people are just going crazy.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2015, 12:14:31 am
Stop it, just stop it. we lost ba at home, and some of you people are just going crazy.

that is why you come on here.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2015, 12:02:42 am
sure, but it does not matter. we could win 20, go to the nit, again. it just doesn't matter

So you are saying there is Zero chance we make the NCAA Tourney?

HognitiveDissonance

I don't see color.
Heath, Pelphrey, and Anderson are a combination of black and white.
They should all be judged by the same standard---wins and losses. It's a results-oriented business.
If someone doesn't feel that way, then there's your problem.
There are too many agendas going on around here that have nothing to do with wins and losses.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 18, 2015, 12:18:13 am

He is saying it doesn't matter:

Why, you ask?

Because he is Mike.

Kevin

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 18, 2015, 12:18:13 am

i think we make the tournament, but if we don't if does not matter.

that is why i am at the point, win or lose, it does not matter. cma is here, forever, then he probably hands it off to tj cleveland

Kevin

Why, you ask?

Because he is Mike.

then why are we wasting money on a practice facility?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 18, 2015, 12:20:40 am

So Kevin was reiterating with WilsonHog's point? I clearly missed that then. Thanks

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2015, 12:23:03 am
i think we make the tournament, but if we don't if does not matter.

that is why i am at the point, win or lose, it does not matter. cma is here, forever, then he probably hands it off to tj cleveland

Understood

forrest city joe

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 18, 2015, 12:20:40 am

He's wrong it does matter. he trying to raise the bar to something this team is not good enough to reach. if Mike takes this team to the sweet 16, he should be national coach of the year. he will be doing great if we just make the dance. this is a good, not great team.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2015, 12:25:54 am
He's wrong it does matter. he trying to raise the bar to something this team is not good enough to reach. if Mike takes this team to the sweet 16, he should be national coach of the year. he will be doing great if we just make the dance. this is a good, not great team.

his job status, does not matter if he wins or loses

phadedhawg

Mike is our coach and this is our team.  Nothing is changing other than expectations. 

WilsonHog

Kevin

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 18, 2015, 12:28:54 am
Because we can?

give the money to the new oc or linebackers coach?

probably going to need a indoor softball facility. since baseball has one

gymnastics, needs a place to practice during volleyball season

so, when we get the facility, the expectations of our basketball program?

passinghog

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2015, 12:24:52 am
then why are we wasting money on a practice facility?

Why should we willingly put ourselves at a recruiting disadvantage by NOT having one?

Kevin

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 18, 2015, 12:31:50 am
Why should we willingly put ourselves at a recruiting disadvantage by NOT having one?

because our head coaches job status, is not based on high expectations. so, he does not need one