Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok we got beat at home tonight by a good Ole Miss team BUT

Started by forrest city joe, January 17, 2015, 10:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Madface Magician on January 17, 2015, 11:09:34 pm
We should of hired Bill Self when we had the chance....and we did!!!
If John White didn't insist on his idotic, bureaucratic, public on-campus interviews we probably would have had Bill Self in 2002. Tommy Boyer all but said as much back when.
John White killed this basketball program with his athletic dept meddling. Let Frank do his job and we would be looking at a 40 year run of Eddie, Nolan, and Self. Think about that and depress yourselves.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: OTR on January 17, 2015, 11:01:12 pm
I agree with joe.  +1000.  This one isn't on Mike as much as it's on larry bird and Ray allen and Reggie miller impregnating a bunch of women in mississippi about 19-22 years ago.  The kids shoot better than their dads.

Finally an answer, someone get Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, and Chris Paul, round up the volleyball team, get some boone's farm on ice, then let the good times roll.

In 18 years and nine months, we'll have a team!!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Madface Magician on January 17, 2015, 11:09:34 pm
We should of hired Bill Self when we had the chance....and we did!!!
If John White didn't insist on his idotic, bureaucratic, public on-campus interviews we probably would have had Bill Self in 2002. Tommy Boyer all but said as much back when.
John White killed this basketball program with his athletic dept meddling. Let Frank do his job and we would be looking at a 40 year run of Eddie, Nolan, and Self. Think about that and depress yourselves.

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:28:50 pm
The season is not over Tom. we lost to a good team tonight. but i agree it's a bad loss at home. but it happens. bottom line is we have to start winning games again. and that means fixing the defense.
I'm not so sure Ole Miss is good.  They've lost to Charleston Southern, Western Kentucky, TCU and LSU at home.  LSU is pretty good, the rest are not.

Kevin

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2015, 11:31:33 pm
I'm not so sure Ole Miss is good.  They've lost to Charleston Southern, Western Kentucky, TCU and LSU at home.  LSU is pretty good, the rest are not.

every team that beats us is good, even though they are average
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Breems

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:33:06 pm

They weren't average here or @Kentucky. That's all that matters.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

forrest city joe

Did you miss the Ole Miss vs KY game?

Danny J

I still think we make the dance. We are going to need to pick up a decent road win to make up for this loss tonight. I would have loved to see us go on the road to Mizzou before playing Bama. I think we absolutely obliterate Bama. I think we can beat Mizzou as well.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

forrest city joe

The Dayton team we beat that was not good to some of you. beat this Ole Miss team. we lost tonight because we played no defense. but it's not the end of the season.

razortv

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 17, 2015, 11:29:25 pm
Finally an answer, someone get Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, and Chris Paul, round up the volleyball team, get some boone's farm on ice, then let the good times roll.

In 18 years and nine months, we'll have a team!!

That's pretty darn funny!!

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:38:21 pm
The Dayton team we beat that was not good to some of you. beat this Ole Miss team. we lost tonight because we played no defense.

i didn't say dayton was not good. in fact, love to have archie miller as our coach.

who is in charge of us playing defense? i know, it is the players fault.

code red

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 17, 2015, 11:22:54 pm
It's just a fact that the old "40 minutes of hell" teams that were successful in the 90's had more talent up and down the lineup. Anderson is going to have to recruit better to change things.
So true.  I doubt the recruits are coming??
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:37:40 pm
did you miss the charleston southern vs ole miss game?
Just shows that anybody can beat you. Miami lost by 28 at home to Eastern Kentucky. then they go to Duke and blow them out. anybody can beat you.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:42:09 pm
Just shows that anybody can beat you. Miami lost by 28 at home to Eastern Kentucky. then they go to Duke and blow them out. anybody can beat you.

notice it happens to the hogs more often than it happens to duke

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:40:09 pm
i didn't say dayton was not good. in fact, love to have archie miller as our coach.

who is in charge of us playing defense? i know, it is the players fault.

Mike is the head coach so it falls on him. but he can't go out and play for his players. they have to make the plays. defense for the most part is effort. got to play harder and smarter. Mike will get the defense fixed.

lookawayquick

Anderson needs a short sabbatical to clear his head. It is obvious he is not leading this team and cannot adapt to the flow of the game.  His team is talented enough to win SEC games but for some reason is underperforming.  Hmmm

Pigasaurus

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 17, 2015, 11:21:39 pm
Mike could go 0-30 and FCJ would be telling us that he just needs more time.  He blasts the coaches in every other sport though.  Interesting.

Fire Pel!
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on January 17, 2015, 11:45:01 pm
FCJ you're either in denial or blind to the facts. You really can't be stupid enough to think that this team is anything but average!!!
Nope. i am just not going to panic and give up on Mike and the team like some of you have. THE SEASON IS NOT OVER. no we are not a great team. i never said we were. but we are a good team that will make the dance this year. i will never give up on the Hogs and Mike Anderson.

razortv

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:42:09 pm

You are correct Joe, anybody can beat anybody.

One thing different between Saturday's games for Arkansas and Duke vs the same two teams on Tuesday, Duke made adjustments and went to a zone defense and focused on getting the ball to their best player. Duke won on the road and Arkansas lost at home on Saturday. Think about that for awhile.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:45:32 pm
Mike is the head coach so it falls on him. but he can't go out and play for his players. they have to make the plays. defense for the most part is effort. got to play harder and smarter. Mike will get the defense fixed.

3 year starter
2 year starter
2 year starter
1 year starter
1 year starer

of the bench
junior
junior
senior
freshman

looks like a lot of experience players out there, when are they going to change.

old dogs don't learn new tricks

Knot2brite

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:45:32 pm
I do agree that MA can't go play for them. But I also disagree they he will get it done. I have seriously watched us do the same things since MA first got here. Moving our feet to get a body between the ball and the goal and defensive rotation is all but none existent. I have lost all faith in the trap and pressure system for 40minutes.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Anderson needs to get a little fired up and get a T when the calls are this bad. Might give his guys a lift to know he's got their backs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kevin

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 11:48:24 pm
Nope. i am just not going to panic and give up on Mike and the team like some of you have. THE SEASON IS NOT OVER. no we are not a great team. i never said we were. but we are a good team that will make the dance this year. i will never give up on the Hogs and Mike Anderson.
Why did you give up on John Pelphrey when he was getting similar results in year 4?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 17, 2015, 11:02:13 pm
Ole Miss almost beat UK at Rupp.

And they absolutely curb stomped Arkansas at Walton.  What's your point?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 18, 2015, 12:28:30 am
Why did you give up on John Pelphrey when he was getting similar results in year 4?

As I remember it, it was scarcely a month after Pelphrey's team had beaten OU and Texass and FCJ had anointed him the 2nd coming of Eddie Sutton AND Nolan that FCJ started shredding him when we fell apart in league play. I may have that wrong, but I don't think I do.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

cypert2

Quote from: william.lane123 on January 17, 2015, 10:57:58 pm
out coached, out played, same ole same ole,  and it's not going to get any better!!

Pretty much. I have quit watching Razorback bb. What is it, seven more months til football season?
Swinging on the two and the four.

HogFoo

Quote from: Karma on January 17, 2015, 11:20:02 pm
Biggest concern to me is that Portis is likely the best player that will ever play on an Anderson led Hog team.  If we don't make a deep tourney run while he's here it may not happen.
that is what's truly scary.   At one point in the game Qualls and Portis were the only scorers.  And that was like with 9 mins to go in first half!  Th3 only scorers!  Portis and Qualls both played well. But our defense has gotten worse.  It's obvious to everyone now. Play the zone and we can't score for crap.  Tenner did it.  Now ole piss.   If Kentucky does it we'll probably lose by 80 points.   Why can we not guard the 3?   Why are we not playing solid defense?   This team needs to get better quick. Cuz games lik3 this kill any chances of making it to the tournament.

I just get tired of every team we play all of a sudden has their best shooting performance.  Something has to be behind that.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

McKdaddy

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:02:29 pm
3 years & 16 games. but he will find the answers.

fcj, let me say it before you do.

I KNOW HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

that is why i have become numb to games like these. that is why i have become numb to games they win.

this is his history. so i am not going to get upset about it.

baseball season is a month away. a program that has a chance to win a championship.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 10:56:22 pm
I am not giving up on my Hogs and i never Mike has ahell of a task ahead of him. but i still believe in him. he is the man to turn Arkansas basketball around. i admit that this is a bad loss at home. we have given up almost 100 points. Mike will find a way to get this defense fixed and it has to start the moment this game ends. defense lost this game. just like it did at TN. Mike has to find 5 guys who are willing to play defense.and go most of the game with them. and i believe he will do that. we have made things harder on ourselves with this bad home loss. but the season is not over. WE GAVE UP 96 POINTS HOG FANS. that's why we lost.

At what point should the coach start being held responsible for such inconsistent play as we've had over the last few years. Mike's done everything he was asked to do with the program but win enough. I'm still on board for one more season but after that if we are still having this type of discussion I'll not be so kind and say it's not working. A 50% winning percentage in the SEC is not going to be good enough.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

McKdaddy

Quote from: bpoecell on January 17, 2015, 11:08:59 pm
Fourth year in. He has his players. This is the result.

I was a staunch supporter of hiring Mike, not ahead of every likely coach out there, mind you, but felt he'd be an excellent coach for the UA. The program and APR has improved since he's arrived. But my confidence is shaken in him being our best option long-term.

Quote from: fanofthehog on January 17, 2015, 11:21:39 pm
Mike could go 0-30 and FCJ would be telling us that he just needs more time.  He blasts the coaches in every other sport though.  Interesting.

^^^^
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Dr. Starcs

Fcj started by saying year 3 would be the year.

Then I read earlier today, he's now saying year 6 or 7.

He said it best when he said he will never give up on CMA. Therein lies the problem. When something is obviously not working, it's time to cut ties. I've said all along if CMA can't get to the ncaat in 4 years, its time to hit the road.

popcornhog

Quote from: apcapri on January 17, 2015, 11:00:17 pm
This is not a Good Ole Miss team...It is a bad Arkansas team. Let's get that straight.

The last two games have made me lower my expectations and start to become less excited.

But this isn't a bad team. We're still solidly in the tourney. We're just not a top 25 team -- not as good as many of us had hoped at this point.

Nor is it a bad Ole Miss team. As discussed last night on the broadcast, they're playing their way onto the bubble.

That loss at home is pretty inexcusable though.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 18, 2015, 08:55:20 am
Fcj started by saying year 3 would be the year.

Then I read earlier today, he's now saying year 6 or 7.

He said it best when he said he will never give up on CMA. Therein lies the problem. When something is obviously not working, it's time to cut ties. I've said all along if CMA can't get to the ncaat in 4 years, its time to hit the road.

I don't necessarily disagree, but we're still solidly a tourney team. So even under that view, he wouldn't be going anywhere.
WPS

Dr. Starcs

I respect your opinion popcorn, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet on that.

porkinsons disease

When you teach and play D like the Washington Generals, this is your result. Nothing has changed in the last 4 years and will not change in the next 4 years.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

thirtythree

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 17, 2015, 11:01:38 pm
Please stop.

this right here. just stop.

we all love Mike. We all want to see him get it done. You have got to get off of his jock though and let him breathe FCJ.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: apcapri on January 17, 2015, 11:00:17 pm
This is not a Good Ole Miss team...It is a bad Arkansas team. Let's get that straight.

Ole Miss did take Kentucky to OT this week at Rupp, so let's not totally lose our minds here.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hogfan1660

A&M also took Kentucky to OT so does that mean that they are a really good team now?

Kevin

This league is Kentucky and 13 average teams.

The team or teams that can rise up, and win 12, is in great shape

If the league is a bunch of 10-8, 9-9, teams them the bids will be low

popcornhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 18, 2015, 09:07:32 am
I respect your opinion popcorn, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet on that.

It's a snapshot though, good Dr.

As of today we are a solid tourney lock.

If we play as poorly as we have for the past week, we'll struggle to win another game. But I can't imagine why we'd continue to be so bad when we've seen this team play better at times. We'll be up and down and we're likely not to finish in the top 25, but I don't see us falling out of the tourney.

Shame though. Lots of talent on the floor.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on January 18, 2015, 09:21:42 am
A&M also took Kentucky to OT so does that mean that they are a really good team now?

A&M is looking increasingly solid. Did you notice that they've got a top 5 recruiting class coming in?
WPS

Hogfan1660

Yep. They will be consistently solid in basketball now. That's not good news for us.

Hoggish1

WE GAVE UP 96 POINTS HOG FANS. that's why we lost.

I turned the game off with more than seven minutes to go.  You are right about how it's gotten on D...

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on January 18, 2015, 09:21:42 am

No, but it does mean that they probably don't suck.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2015, 09:25:18 am
This league is Kentucky and 13 average teams.

The team or teams that can rise up, and win 12, is in great shape

If the league is a bunch of 10-8, 9-9, teams them the bids will be low

I think the bids are low no matter what. 3 tops.

hog.goblin

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 18, 2015, 12:31:15 pm
I think the bids are low no matter what. 3 tops.

agree, and we better go on a run.  I think 10-11 wins is bubble talk  We have to find a way to get to 12 and we aren't going to unless someone on the staff can pull their best Rob Smith and teach some defense

collins4heisman

I am not giving up on my Hogs and i never Mike has ahell of a task ahead of him. but i still believe in him. he is the man to turn Arkansas basketball around. i admit that this is a bad loss at home. we have given up almost 100 points. Mike will find a way to get this defense fixed and it has to start the moment this game ends. defense lost this game. just like it did at TN. Mike has to find 5 guys who are willing to play defense.and go most of the game with them. and i believe he will do that. we have made things harder on ourselves with this bad home loss. but the season is not over. WE GAVE UP 96 POINTS HOG FANS. that's why we lost.
is this really what trolling has come to these days on hogville?

HAM ELLIOT

I was a Mike supporter, but i have to say i'm starting to think that he isnt the right guy to get us where we want to be anymore.