Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok we got beat at home tonight by a good Ole Miss team BUT

Started by forrest city joe, January 17, 2015, 10:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I am not giving up on my Hogs and i never Mike has ahell of a task ahead of him. but i still believe in him. he is the man to turn Arkansas basketball around. i admit that this is a bad loss at home. we have given up almost 100 points. Mike will find a way to get this defense fixed and it has to start the moment this game ends. defense lost this game. just like it did at TN. Mike has to find 5 guys who are willing to play defense.and go most of the game with them. and i believe he will do that. we have made things harder on ourselves with this bad home loss. but the season is not over. WE GAVE UP 96 POINTS HOG FANS. that's why we lost.

jmb1973

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2015, 10:56:22 pm
I am not giving up on my Hogs and i never Mike has ahell of a task ahead of him. but i still believe in him. he is the man to turn Arkansas basketball around. i admit that this is a bad loss at home. we have given up almost 100 points. Mike will find a way to get this defense fixed and it has to start the moment this game ends. defense lost this game. just like it did at TN. Mike has to find 5 guys who are willing to play defense.and go most of the game with them. and i believe he will do that. we have made things harder on ourselves with this bad home loss. but the season is not over. WE GAVE UP 96 POINTS HOG FANS. that's why we lost.

Sixteen games into the season is a little late to be getting a defense fixed. I like Mike, but I think we should all temper expectations for this year.

william.lane123

out coached, out played, same ole same ole,  and it's not going to get any better!!

userpick

WE GAVE UP 96 POINTS BECAUSE WE ARENT COACHED TO PLAY ANY DEFENSE!! How is that so hard for you to understand?

PigTimePlayer

i guess that is what is the hardest to understand . . . of all things, defense was supposed to be our thing? picking em up when they got off the &%$ bus and all of that. when does that start?

I'm not giving up on them, but I just don't know . . . hard to see where this is headed.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

apcapri

This is not a Good Ole Miss team...It is a bad Arkansas team. Let's get that straight.

fullfan

Just wait until MA gets his recruits in here and the new basketball practice facility!  Uphill climb but we gotta be patient.

HF#1

We suck period.  No excuse to lose at home.  None what so ever.  Wake me up when we make the tournament.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I agree with joe.  +1000.  This one isn't on Mike as much as it's on larry bird and Ray allen and Reggie miller impregnating a bunch of women in mississippi about 19-22 years ago.  The kids shoot better than their dads.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

mckinneyhog5

Please stop.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Dr. Starcs

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Face it joe, Anderson is at best, an average coach.  Sick of seeing this same old crap. If he can't get it done (ncaat) this year, hit the road.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Kevin

3 years & 16 games. but he will find the answers.

fcj, let me say it before you do.

I KNOW HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

that is why i have become numb to games like these. that is why i have become numb to games they win.

this is his history. so i am not going to get upset about it.

baseball season is a month away. a program that has a chance to win a championship.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

tophawg19

we will fix that defense in about 10 years maybe. this team has no heart or BB I.Q . Nolan has to be sick watching this excuse for defense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

3kgthog

forrest city joe

Quote from: jmb1973 on January 17, 2015, 10:57:46 pm
Sixteen games into the season is a little late to be getting a defense fixed. I like Mike, but I think we should all temper expectations for this year.
Nope. i still think we are going to the dance. but we have got to get our defense fixed. not going to beat anybody giving up 96 points.

ricepig

Quote from: HF#1 on January 17, 2015, 11:01:02 pm
We suck period.  No excuse to lose at home.  None what so ever.  Wake me up when we make the tournament.

No one goes undefeated for ever at home. We don't play good half court defense, it's as simple as that. When the other team is shooting well, we are going to struggle, simple as that.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Breems on January 17, 2015, 11:01:55 pm
As a student of human nature, I love these threads.

Now to watch 400 pages of people getting sucked into retarded arguments.

So the observer has become a victim as well?

revolution

Anderson isn't getting it done. This is a results oriented business. You know how it will end if he doesn't turn this team around.

HF#1

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2015, 11:03:44 pm
No one goes undefeated for ever at home. We don't play good half court defense, it's as simple as that. When the other team is shooting well, we are going to struggle, simple as that.

lol..  You know why the other team shoots well?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

greasy_corner

no use giving up.  God bless (and help) the Razorbacks

razortv

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 17, 2015, 10:59:26 pm
i guess that is what is the hardest to understand . . . of all things, defense was supposed to be our thing? picking em up when they got off the &%$ bus and all of that. when does that start?

I'm not giving up on them, but I just don't know . . . hard to see where this is headed.

I think we are too tired when the game starts. We guarded them off the bus and while they had their pre game meal.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Fcj has the jawbone of an a$$ and by morning will beat the living hell out of all of you.  He will bludgeon you all senseless tonight.  The streets of jump ball will be flowing red with blood by morning as those who dare question mike end up getting their skulls split in half.

I wish I wasn't so sleepy.

porkinsons disease

Some of us are already resigned to the fact that "it is, what it is". Takes alot of the stress away when watching the games. Go Hogs.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Champs04

Please shut the hell up joe, enough of its a good win by mike Anderson! That's a bad loss at home!!!

Knot2brite

I still figure we find a way to make the tourney ....we won't do much there playing like we have been playing the last couple games. The reality is they we are better athletically this year than we have been in the past but we aren't necessarily better basketball wise. If we need personnel then that is a MA problem because this is year 4. If upper class men aren't getting the job done by learning where to be in the system then that is also a MA problem. Fundementals are able to be taught for ever. Defensive rotation is something that should be second nature by now. Stopping the ball from being dribbled into the lane should have been taught in jr high. We have serious issues that are not being fixed. But having said all of that, MA has amassed enough talent to get us to the tourney. I guess that is the name of the game. For now
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

PorkerOinker

I like CMA, but Arkansas will never be more than a First or Second round NCAA team with him and that might be a stretch. We have 1 player that is top tier in the conference overall and the rest are average or slightly below, it's just the way it is. I think we have a team of good character guys for the most part that want to win, just don't have the overall ability to do it when it comes down to it.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

hobhog

Breems

Quote from: HogsonHicks link=topic=586253.msg9492801#m

sg9492801 date=1421557430

So the observer has become a victim as well?

Damn, you may be right. See my post above.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:02:29 pm
3 years & 16 games. but he will find the answers.

fcj, let me say it before you do.

I KNOW HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

that is why i have become numb to games like these. that is why i have become numb to games they win.

this is his history. so i am not going to get upset about it.

baseball season is a month away. a program that has a chance to win a championship.
I agree with everything here.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

ricepig

Quote from: HF#1 on January 17, 2015, 11:04:10 pm
lol..  You know why the other team shoots well?

Yeah, did you read my second sentence? Vandy didn't shoot well, turned it over, we won.

Porkem

This is a fairly talented team not playing up to their potential. Too many players are out there half-assing it and Mike is allowing it. Nolan would never tolerate that. Portis is motivated. He's got an NBA future. Qualls is giving the effort. Mike has really disappointed a lot of people with his inability to break the zone. If he doesn't make some adjustments this season could go south quickly.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

latrops

My confidence in CMA and our NCAAT hopes took a good hit tonight.  Still plenty of time to right the ship...but I'm no longer sure we have the personnel to get it done.  I'm sure the RPI and resume have us in the mix at this point, but we are playing pretty poorly at the moment. Wait and see how it plays out...but I have no positive spin for getting whipped at home by mediocre teams, especially not immediately following a road loss to a mediocre team. 

NorthDallas40

Wow, this is actually far more realistic than I thought Joe would be.
Still delusional as all get out, but somewhat realistic.
Take away whatever money Mike pays Joe or dirt he has on Joe, and reading in between the lines, I think Joe at least subconsciously wants Mike fired. No doubt about it.

bpoecell

Fourth year in. He has his players. This is the result.

hog.goblin

Quote from: jmb1973 on January 17, 2015, 10:57:46 pm
Sixteen games into the season is a little late to be getting a defense fixed. I like Mike, but I think we should all temper expectations for this year the foreseeable future.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Porkem on January 17, 2015, 11:07:28 pm
This is a fairly talented team not playing up to their potential. Too many players are out there half-assing it and Mike is allowing it. Nolan would never tolerate that. Portis is motivated. He's got an NBA future. Qualls is giving the effort. Mike has really let disappointed in his ability to break the zone. If he doesn't make some adjustments this season could go south quickly.

Run for cover pork.  Hate to see my old buddy get his teeth kicked in tonight by joe.

Madface Magician

We should of hired Bill Self when we had the chance....and we did!!!

hog.goblin

BallHog1

Quote from: Porkem on January 17, 2015, 11:07:28 pm
This is a fairly talented team not playing up to their potential. Too many players are out there half-assing it and Mike is allowing it. Nolan would never tolerate that. Portis is motivated. He's got an NBA future. Qualls is giving the effort. Mike has really disappointed a lot of people with his inability to break the zone. If he doesn't make some adjustments this season could go south quickly.
I'm not sure its half assed as much as just a lot of grab ass going on during the game....probably at practice too but I haven't seen it personally.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 17, 2015, 11:16:52 pm
I'm not sure its half assed as much as just a lot of grab ass going on during the game....probably at practice too but I haven't seen it personally.

Fair assessment....coach.

Biggest concern to me is that Portis is likely the best player that will ever play on an Anderson led Hog team.  If we don't make a deep tourney run while he's here it may not happen.

fanofthehog

Mike could go 0-30 and FCJ would be telling us that he just needs more time.  He blasts the coaches in every other sport though.  Interesting.

hawg1221

It's just a fact that the old "40 minutes of hell" teams that were successful in the 90's had more talent up and down the lineup. Anderson is going to have to recruit better to change things.

BassinHawg

Quote from: fullfan on January 17, 2015, 11:00:29 pm
Just wait until MA gets his recruits in here and the new basketball practice facility!  Uphill climb but we gotta be patient.

Ha, I hope you forgot the sarcasm button!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

forrest city joe

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 17, 2015, 11:03:57 pm
No excuse for the last two loses. If we don't make the NCAA this year, who knows when the Hogs will. Year four was supposed to be the year of the Hog.
The season is not over Tom. we lost to a good team tonight. but i agree it's a bad loss at home. but it happens. bottom line is we have to start winning games again. and that means fixing the defense.

Tomhog™

One thing about it, you post whether we win or lose Joe. At least you're consistent. Now if the team could develop your consistency. The team should hire you to give them pep talks.