Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The truth about the hogs basketball team

Started by swinesation, January 14, 2015, 12:15:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

Everybody cracks me up being so sure that we are one of the top teams in the SEC. The truth is nobody knows where we will end up. We could do really well this season or we could be truly mediocre - middle of the pack. I'll admit I'm not optimistic, but I was surprised at how good we looked against Vanderbilt. I laughed at how many people were convinced after Vandy that we'd win our next five games. Ha! We're not that good.

The only time you can be almost certain we'll win an SEC game is when we play Mississippi State and Missouri at home. Otherwise, either team can win any night. It's gonna be a season long battle, so strap in and hang on. I really hope we end up the season in the Top 25 and make it to the tournament, but we shall see.

arkansas1994

With very few exceptions , that could be said about every game in all the major conferences,  just look at what has happened in a lot of them lately,  conference games are just a different animal.

swinesation

Hate to say I told you so, but it is what it is.

popcornhog

Quote from: swinesation on January 14, 2015, 12:15:38 pm
Everybody cracks me up being so sure that we are one of the top teams in the SEC. The truth is nobody knows where we will end up.

Exactly. All we know is that based on wins, losses, and opponents TO DATE, we are the second best team in the SEC.

We could end up dead last or second or anywhere in between.
WPS

Hogfaniam

It will all be known by late evening March 15 (but there will still be debate)
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"