Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Misery Continues....

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, January 13, 2015, 09:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

Last time Arkansas was revelant was 1996. That's 19 years since we last got the Sweet Sixteen. 1994 and 1995 was last time to make the Final Four.  The Misery Continues. 19 years and counting...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Boardon Hamsay

Hmm, I'm 38. So, half my life has passed since our last sweet 16. Damn. I think I'll go for a walk down by the docks tonight.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on January 13, 2015, 09:31:59 pm
Hmm, I'm 38. So, half my life has passed since our last sweet 16. Damn. I think I'll go for a walk down by the docks tonight.

I might have to join ya. This is bad basketball

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 13, 2015, 09:33:06 pm

I might have to join ya. This is bad basketball

I hear ya, man. It's not surprising because we play one style and don't really adapt to the game flow well. If the other team sets the tempo, we become sloppy. And if it's a road game, god, we're screwed most of the time.  Then, we make some positive strides until the next head scratching, bipolar loss.  For me, it has become part of the status quo. It kind of is what it is. 

We're like a stock you buy on a dip and you already know you're not going to hold onto it long because you've also learned exactly where the ceiling is to sell before it takes the next dip.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

oldbooniehog

And no sign that the nearly-two-decade march through the valley of the shadow of total irrelevance is going to end any time soon.

Haven't been in the Tournament for what, 7 years now?

I think the last time Arkansas WON an NCAA tournament game was 15 years ago.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 13, 2015, 10:06:35 pm
And no sign that the nearly-two-decade march through the valley of the shadow of total irrelevance is going to end any time soon.

Mike is taking us to the dance this year.  That much I guarantee.everbody calm down.  We got this.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: OTR on January 13, 2015, 10:11:20 pm
Mike is taking us to the dance this year.  That much I guarantee.everbody calm down.  We got this.

Getting to the dance is not enough. We must get to the SWeet Sixteen to get out of the dumpster.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 13, 2015, 10:06:35 pm

Beat Indiana in Pelphreys first season in 2008 then lost to UNC

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on January 13, 2015, 10:33:17 pm
Beat Indiana in Pelphreys first season in 2008 then lost to UNC

And then we dealt with misery the way that North Carolina just went out there and made us look like a laughing stock joke. And this was a team with an NBA player in Pat Beverly and we still got embarrassed in that 2nd round game. We are still not relevant until we make the sweet sixteen. The Misery continues...

lefty08

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 14, 2015, 11:05:18 am
And then we dealt with misery the way that North Carolina just went out there and made us look like a laughing stock joke. And this was a team with an NBA player in Pat Beverly and we still got embarrassed in that 2nd round game. We are still not relevant until we make the sweet sixteen. The Misery continues...

If you truly thought it was misery you would quit bringing it up in every thread on jump ball.  So what we haven't been in a final four since you were -6
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hoggish1

We've won 2 out of 3 in the SEC thus far.

If we keep that up we will end up 22-8.  If we finished that way, I'd be happy...

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 14, 2015, 08:23:35 pm
We've won 2 out of 3 in the SEC thus far.

If we keep that up we will end up 22-8.  If we finished that way, I'd be happy...

We have LOST 2 out of 4 in SEC thus far. The Misery Continues....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Fans are a huge part of the problem.  They keep supporting mediocrity.  Dont believe me?  Go to Sassy's Red House in Fayetteville for the Mike Anderson show this coming Monday... nothing but a bunch of sunshine pumpers applauding Mike's idiotic coach speak all while the program sucks.  Mike will say his pre-programmed responses like: "effort", "turnovers", "defense", "hustle" and our sad fans will sit there like robots applauding and agreeing all while thinking things are going to be different.  Guess what idiots?  IT'S NOT!!!

We've lived with this complete BS for 13 years and fans don't give a crap anymore.  Why not another 13 more?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 14, 2015, 11:05:18 am
Didn't they win the national title?

RussVegas Hawg

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: gguillo on January 18, 2015, 02:35:17 pm
Fans are a huge part of the problem.  They keep supporting mediocrity.  Dont believe me?  Go to Sassy's Red House in Fayetteville for the Mike Anderson show this coming Monday... nothing but a bunch of sunshine pumpers applauding Mike's idiotic coach speak all while the program sucks.  Mike will say his pre-programmed responses like: "effort", "turnovers", "defense", "hustle" and our sad fans will sit there like robots applauding and agreeing all while thinking things are going to be different.  Guess what idiots?  IT'S NOT!!!

We've lived with this complete BS for 13 years and fans don't give a crap anymore.  Why not another 13 more?

Not just 13 years. Last 19 years. They haven't made the SWeet sixteen since 1996.  But I agree some people put the coach ahead of the team. Saint Mike Anderson they seem to act. Anything critical makes you a hater in some posters notions. I'm just tired of all the excuses from the players, coaches and especially the fans. Last year it was "the team is too young". This year it's about the "system" and this is what we are going to get because CMA will Not abandon the press as a base defense. Next year the excuse will be "it's because Portis went pro". It's the blind fans that think everything is rosey. Objective fans knew there were issues when watching them beat cupcakes. Giving up 90+ points to Northwestern "cupcake" State was warning sign to me on the lack of defense and the ineffectiveness of the press as a base defense.

jkstock04

Quote from: gguillo on January 18, 2015, 02:35:17 pm

Lol! I'll give you one thing...Mike Anderson is the absolute KING of coach speak. Listening to him in front of a mic is absolutely worthless. You may as well be listening to the president speak....its a joke.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

nobballconcept

Watch out boys. We win this week the lovers will repost your post.

I have stated numerous times I am ok with a loss if I see good fundamental basketball being played. Ole miss shoots 60% on us but we play solid team
Defense. Adjustments are made by our staff. Anyone I mean anyone puts a body on the other team when a shot goes up and we lose I can live with it.

But what we are watching is a team that better hit a high percentage of shots or we gonna lose