Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This one is on Anderson

Started by AlmaHog2011, January 02, 2018, 10:14:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AlmaHog2011

42-12 and it was obvious what was going on. He didn't even challenge the refs just took it. BTW I am a huge Anderson fan.

But tonight he didn't fight for his team. He should have been thrown out of the gym about when Bailey was going for the dunk and the guy hammered his wrist and no call. That should have been a blow up. I don't understand why he never really got into the game.

And for the idiot who is saying it's us and not the officials STFU! It was the officials.

checkraiser88

Be careful buddy, just be careful

Young Swine Life

Hog Pharm

Meh, only decision I didn't care for from Anderson was going zone with a 4 pt lead less than 2 min to play. Can't give up a 3 there.

Pig in the Pokey

my problem was beard jacking a halfcourt 3 with 5 seconds on the clock and a timeout left...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Fan701

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:14:46 pm
42-12 and it was obvious what was going on. He didn't even challenge the refs just took it. BTW I am a huge Anderson fan.

But tonight he didn't fight for his team. He should have been thrown out of the gym about when Bailey was going for the dunk and the guy hammered his wrist and no call. That should have been a blow up. I don't understand why he never really got into the game.

And for the idiot who is saying it's us and not the officials STFU! It was the officials.
Yep.  A technical foul at that point would have really helped us. Mike was right to keep his cool and not make things worse. 

HoGs1031

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:17:35 pm
Meh, only decision I didn't care for from Anderson was going zone with a 4 pt lead less than 2 min to play. Can't give up a 3 there.

I don't mind that they were 2 for 19 before they hit those two late.

RazorPiggie

Barford trying to play one on one at the end hurt.

Fan701

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 02, 2018, 10:18:23 pm
my problem was beard jacking a halfcourt 3 with 5 seconds on the clock and a timeout left..
Macon should have taken that shot.  We had a timeout left?  What was Beard thinking?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 10:18:57 pm
Yep.  A technical foul at that point would have really helped us. Mike was right to keep his cool and not make things worse.

Yep if he had challenged them from the start it wouldn't have come down to the end. I guarantee you Nolan wouldn't have sit on the bench and not said anything to these officials. I am not talking about his coaching in this game. He had to go to a zone we were getting fouls called every time down the court. He should have been all over the refs and very early.

Fan701

Quote from: HoGs1031 on January 02, 2018, 10:20:07 pm
They had been awful from three up till then.  Got to hand it to them.  They made two clutch threes when they had to have them.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: HoGs1031 on January 02, 2018, 10:20:07 pm

Yeah but 2 of 19 against man to man. Easier to get an open 3 against the zone. Plus easier to rebound against a zone. That's nitpicking though. We missed too many FTs and gave up waaay to many offensive rebounds.

Willyboy

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 02, 2018, 10:20:28 pm

That's his game and he's usually great at it.  It wasn't there for him tonight but you can't fault him for going to his strength.

AlmaHog2011

rude1

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 10:18:57 pm
WRONG, you might have given up a couple of points on the front end, but you would have also maybe gotten them to stop the parade of MsState to the free throw line.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 10:22:25 pm
They had been awful from three up till then.  Got to hand it to them.  They made two clutch threes when they had to have them.

From their best shooters though. Got to have an awareness to cover them up late in the game. Our halfcourt defense will get us beat several more times this year.

Fan701

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:21:44 pm
Yep if he had challenged them from the start it wouldn't have come down to the end. I guarantee you Nolan wouldn't have sit on the bench and not said anything to these officials. I am not talking about his coaching in this game. He had to go to a zone we were getting fouls called every time down the court. He should have been all over the refs and very early.
And that would have resulted in what?  Technicals?  Antagonized refs?  An out of control coach?  No, Anderson acted like a grown-up.  I'm sure he saw the same things we did and didn't, and shouldn't have, lost his cool.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 02, 2018, 10:20:28 pm

Barford is a great one on one player I have no problem I always feel like he's going to make the shots he takes. Macon should have shot that last shot.

One thing I know for sure. If Beard can get his hand on the ball at the end of the shot clock or end of the game he ain't going to give it up.

Fan701

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2018, 10:23:12 pm
WRONG, you might have given up a couple of points on the front end, but you would have also maybe gotten them to stop the parade of MsState to the free throw line.
Why would that have changed the behavior of the refs in our favor?  It would only have made things worse.

3kgthog

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 10:20:48 pm
Macon should have taken that shot.  We had a timeout left?  What was Beard thinking?

Beard gonna Beard.

rude1

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 10:24:30 pm
And that would have resulted in what?  Technicals?  Antagonized refs?  An out of control coach?  No, Anderson acted like a grown-up.  I'm sure he saw the same things we did and didn't, and shouldn't have, lost his cool.
You obviously know nothing about the game, working the officials is a part of the game, you have to let them know you can see the disparity. Nolan was so good at it that other coaches complained that Nolan intimidated the officials.................

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2018, 10:23:12 pm

Thank you sir!! Some people don't have a clue what goes on in a basketball game. If you have coached or officiated which I have you know sometimes you have to step up and man up.

Gafford kind of disappeared at the end. Don't know if he was tired or what but he made several mistakes on defense and didn't get the rebounds he usually does. He's a freshman and maybe he wore down.

Fan701

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2018, 10:26:30 pm
You obviously know nothing about the game, working the officials is a part of the game, you have to let them know you can see the disparity. Nolan was so good at it that other coaches complained that Nolan intimidated the officials.................
I know enough about the game to know that "working the officials" too vigorously results in technical and hurts the team, while it rarely changes anything in the way the game is called.

checkraiser88

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:23:04 pm
What? Why?

Just looking out for ya, a negative anderson thread can lead to people calling you a racist

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 10:28:32 pm
I know enough about the game to know that "working the officials" too vigorously results in technical and hurts the team, while it rarely changes anything in the way the game is called.

No you don't. Many times a technical gets the attention of the officials. You honestly don't know anything about how a basketball game is conducted.

Fan701

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 02, 2018, 10:29:29 pm
Just looking out for ya, a negative anderson thread can lead to people calling you a racist
You anti-Anderson people are just low-down.  MA didn't lose the game tonight.  Our guys missed free throws.  Their guys hit clutch shots.  The refs called a lot of fouls on us.  I really don't see where any of these things were in MA's power to change.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 02, 2018, 10:29:29 pm

OK I am just not worried about that. But thanks..I get it.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 02, 2018, 10:26:11 pm
Beard gonna Beard.

Those previous 2 possessions by Barford (1) Offensive Foul (2) Throw up a shot after driving into a crowded lane is what sealed the deal.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogcephus

I was wondering why the ball wasn't thrown to Macon too. Barford should have kept it himself and hurried down the court instead of passing it to Beard!

Jzilla

Mike is nowhere near the coach that Nolan was and never will be!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 10:32:39 pm
You anti-Anderson people are just low-down.  MA didn't lose the game tonight.  Our guys missed free throws.  Their guys hit clutch shots.  The refs called a lot of fouls on us.  I really don't see where any of these things were in MA's power to change.

Anti Anderson?? You are just ignorant. Making stuff up. You should not post about basketball and you need to check my post history I am a 100% Anderson guy. Always will be and always have been

Has nothing to do with anti anything just what I think of this game.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 02, 2018, 10:32:48 pm
Those previous 2 possessions by Barford (1) Offensive Foul (2) Throw up a shot after driving into a crowded lane is what sealed the deal.

Still Barford is a bigtime offensive player. Beard is ofer his career in clutch shots but want's to shoot them.

Fan701

Quote from: Hogcephus on January 02, 2018, 10:32:53 pm
I was wondering why the ball wasn't thrown to Macon too. Barford should have kept it himself and hurried down the court instead of passing it to Beard!
The only explanation has to be that Beard wasn't aware there was still time on the clock to make a pass or get a few steps closer.  It was a dumb shot, especially when you have Daryl Macon.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Jzilla on January 02, 2018, 10:34:29 pm
Mike is nowhere near the coach that Nolan was and never will be!!

Nolan is an alltime great. Not sure there are more than one or two that were the coach that Nolan was.

Anderson is a very good coach though. I love the guy.

forrest city joe

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:14:46 pm

That's the one thing that i have gotten on Mike for in the past.he needs to start getting tossed.his team is not good enough to overcome this one sided BS by the refs. he has to fight for his team. tonight was a total onesided disgrace. it makes me want to throw up.

phadedhawg

Just because the fans feel like kicking rocks doesn't mean the coach should. 

For those of you who are just tuning in, welcome to the road play in the SEC.  Its the same crap every year.  None of these road game will be easy.  We came up short tonight.  It happens. 

Jzilla

You can love the guy all you want but we are not going to get close to winning anything with Anderson as the coach, we look like a jumbled mess against a team that can lock us down man to man. We appear to never run any set plays, come out of timeouts and have guys go 1 on 1! It's tough to watch most of the time!!

Kayway2bHawgChamps

Whatever.  If I mess up, no one challenges my boss.
Hey, if anyone wants to blame Macon, he will blame himself more.
I think this will make him more determined to win games.
Win for Hawg fans not on the floor.
Because this will motivate him early enough in the season to mean something.
He wants a career. We just want wins.

Fan701

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:34:48 pm
Anti Anderson?? You are just ignorant. Making stuff up. You should not post about basketball and you need to check my post history I am a 100% Anderson guy. Always will be and always have been

Has nothing to do with anti anything just what I think of this game.
Ooooh, are you going to come through the fiber optic cable and stop me from posting?  I'm very frightened. Anyway, I think what you're saying is that no rational person could think that it wasn't Anderson's fault that we were 5-12 from the free throw line, or that they hit two clutch threes in a minute at the end after hitting only two the whole game up till then.  Oh, and MA has the power to cause the refs to stop calling fouls on us by getting technicals called on himself, giving them points and antagonizing the refs.  Why don't we just agree to disagree. Maybe we'll have better luck Saturday.  Good night.

hogginbama

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:23:55 pm
From their best shooters though. Got to have an awareness to cover them up late in the game. Our halfcourt defense will get us beat several more times this year.

Lets see, one of those 3's was over a guy with over a 7 ft wing span. Don't think Gafford could have defended it any better.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Fan701

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 02, 2018, 10:42:30 pm
Just because the fans feel like kicking rocks doesn't mean the coach should. 

For those of you who are just tuning in, welcome to the road play in the SEC.  Its the same crap every year.  None of these road game will be easy.  We came up short tonight.  It happens.
You're talking sense to some angry fans.

Breems

Quote from: Willyboy on January 02, 2018, 10:23:00 pm
That's his game and he's usually great at it.  It wasn't there for him tonight but you can't fault him for going to his strength.

Barford is great when he goes with the flow.

He was forcing it at the end. I appreciate what he was trying to do, but it killed us.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

forrest city joe

Quote from: Jzilla on January 02, 2018, 10:43:55 pm
You can love the guy all you want but we are not going to get close to winning anything with Anderson as the coach, we look like a jumbled mess against a team that can lock us down man to man. We appear to never run any set plays, come out of timeouts and have guys go 1 on 1! It's tough to watch most of the time!!
You Anderson hating Bums are out tonight after this loss i see.go back to the hole you crawl out from under.Mike Anderson is here to stay.and he is doing an outstanding job.so get lost Bum.

Jzilla

Win or lose we play the same way, some games are tougher to watch than others. Guys like you are pathetic that just grovel over an average coach!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2018, 10:47:49 pm
You Anderson hating Bums are out tonight after this loss i see.go back to the hole you crawl out from under.Mike Anderson is here to stay.and he is doing an outstanding job.so get lost Bum.
Far far from an Anderson hater! Dead wrong.

Lard

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:17:35 pm
agree.  I was yelling at the tv to get out of the zone there but they didn't listen.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Jzilla

I actually don't hate Mike and have talked with him on several occasions and think that he's a great guy just not a great coach!! That's just my opinion and no reason to call someone names because you don't agree.

Smalltownhog95

Every coach in basketball needs to get a technical sometimes. Its the equivalent to being ejected from a baseball game (Even Dave van Horn gets tossed once every 2 or 3 years.) Refs control the game too much nowdays so technical fouls should still have their place.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Fan701

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 02, 2018, 10:58:25 pm
Every coach in basketball needs to get a technical sometimes. Its the equivalent to being ejected from a baseball game (Even Dave van Horn gets tossed once every 2 or 3 years.) Refs control the game too much nowdays so technical fouls should still have their place.
If you can show me any data suggesting that hurting your team with a technical foul somehow helps your team, I'll believe you, but I'm pretty sure you can't.  Mike jaws with the refs but rarely ever loses control to the point of hurting the team.  That's a good quality, IMO, not a bad one.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: Fan701 on January 02, 2018, 11:03:58 pm
If you can show me any data suggesting that hurting your team with a technical foul somehow helps your team, I'll believe you, but I'm pretty sure you can't.  Mike jaws with the refs but rarely ever loses control to the point of hurting the team.  That's a good quality, IMO, not a bad one.
Do i have data? No. But as a former player when your team gets mauled at the rim and your coach finds some ass to chew about it it can spark a team and change the flow of a game. Seemed to work pretty well for Nolan.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!