Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Nance....

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, December 02, 2011, 09:02:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

says he will only take 2 officials before he decides where he wants to play....those 2 visits will be to USC and Arkansas....now THIS is the type of LB we need to add

cashmoneyman_04

yea put about 15 to 20 pounds on this guy, hope he keeps his speed, could be an absolute beast
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

Bubba's Bruisers

Wow!  Never thought Nance was a real option for us.  Very nice.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 02, 2011, 09:02:11 am
says he will only take 2 officials before he decides where he wants to play....those 2 visits will be to USC and Arkansas....now THIS is the type of LB we need to add
I agree. if we get him and sit him a year until he is 100%. we are getting an outstanding player and LB.

Tim Harris

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 02, 2011, 09:10:45 am
I agree. if we get him and sit him a year until he is 100%. we are getting an outstanding player and LB.

His injury definately slowed him down early in the year.  Also says though that he has been on several unofficials to other schools closer to home and he doesn't think he needs to go back on an official.  Does that mean that those schools are off the list or does he already know them so no need in taking another visit?

JaketheSnake

tiber

December 02, 2011, 09:50:02 am #7 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:02:51 am by tiber
USC's 3 starting LBs are all freshmen.

Amazingly, that includes a 4* from Kentucky that started ahead of Chris Galippo, a senior who was the #1 MLB recruit in the country a few years ago out of Anaheim. 

http://usc.ocregister.com/2011/11/21/usc-football-depth-chart-vs-ucla-defense/98863/

RazorPiggie

Quote from: tiber on December 02, 2011, 09:50:02 am
USC's 3 starting LBs are all freshmen.

Amazingly, that includes a 3* from Kentucky that started ahead of Chris Galippo, a senior who was the #1 MLB recruit in the country a few years ago out of Anaheim. 

http://usc.ocregister.com/2011/11/21/usc-football-depth-chart-vs-ucla-defense/98863/

Wow their LBs and DBs are going to be good next year.

tiber

Quote from: RAZORPIGGIE on December 02, 2011, 09:53:27 am
Wow their LBs and DBs are going to be good next year.
Yes.

Isiah Wiley is a name many here will likely remember... he started for USC this year at CB.

Albert Swinestein

Yes, Wiley was another of those guys that Petrino and staff identified and jumped on early.  I remember when he committed to Arkansas, he was another of those guys that had some of the folks on this board questioning Arkansas' recruiting due to his lack of offers.  But as his season progressed, other schools began jumping into the mix.  I cannot remember if there other reasons why he did so, but I hated it when he decommitted and went to USC.

Quote from: tiber on December 02, 2011, 09:58:21 am
Yes.

Isiah Wiley is a name many here will likely remember... he started for USC this year at CB.

Tim Harris

I'm hoping he can get Polo to come with him on his visit.

azhog10

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on December 02, 2011, 10:12:06 am
Yes, Wiley was another of those guys that Petrino and staff identified and jumped on early.  I remember when he committed to Arkansas, he was another of those guys that had some of the folks on this board questioning Arkansas' recruiting due to his lack of offers.  But as his season progressed, other schools began jumping into the mix.  I cannot remember if there other reasons why he did so, but I hated it when he decommitted and went to USC.
Grades. He didn't have enough to transfer to the SEC. Apparently our recquirements to get in were higher than for USC. It sucked, but it had nothing (from what I was told) to do with him getting disinterested and picking USC over us. It was that he wasn't going to be able to enroll so he went with USC at the last second.

Albert Swinestein

I believe I vaguely remember that now.  Thank you, sir.

Quote from: azhog10 on December 02, 2011, 10:13:52 am
Grades. He didn't have enough to transfer to the SEC. Apparently our recquirements to get in were higher than for USC. It sucked, but it had nothing (from what I was told) to do with him getting disinterested and picking USC over us. It was that he wasn't going to be able to enroll so he went with USC at the last second.

JackJohnson

Quote from: azhog10 on December 02, 2011, 10:13:52 am

yep- didn't want to stay in JC an extra semester when he could enroll at USC in the spring.  Same thing is happening with JC LB Eddie Porter who decommitted from A&M yesterday after Sherman was fired and committed to Iowa St. 

SEC schools get screwed with JC players and I thought it was going to cost us Pennell as well (able to enroll anywhere else in Jan but SEC)- but apparently we are trying to do with him what we did for Peacock last year and find a way to fit him in in Feb rather than Jan and have him take some classes over dec-jan to get eligible but it is yet to be determined if that is going to work out or not.

BulldogBasketball

Watch the play he makes at the :35 mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfi9l5SKE2Y

It's incredible.

A Hogwork Orange

The one handed Pick Six at the beginning is pretty incredible too.

Dominicanhog

what a nice looking LB, Polo's video looks nice as well, I'm hoping he is one of he B12 commits that is visiting.

Hog Waller

I like the speed he showed in the last play of the video, where he saved a TD.

Hambunctious

Their whole team looks so much bigger that who they're playing.

He has really long strides, and covers ground quick.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Jagdragon

Quote from: BulldogBasketball on December 02, 2011, 02:18:48 pm
Watch the play he makes at the :35 mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfi9l5SKE2Y

It's incredible.
WOW....That's pretty cool.

Oklahawg

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 02, 2011, 02:14:49 pm
SEC schools get screwed with JC players and I thought it was going to cost us Pennell as well (able to enroll anywhere else in Jan but SEC)- but apparently we are trying to do with him what we did for Peacock last year and find a way to fit him in in Feb rather than Jan and have him take some classes over dec-jan to get eligible but it is yet to be determined if that is going to work out or not.

That situation amazes me. Its as intriguing as the fact we oversigned by 2, and ... counted forward? Nah, I think we were just given a story that everyone bought (hook, line, and sinker).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

BTW, wasn't Nance supposed to go to Oregon??
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dominicanhog

WBOBO

What I find hard to figure out is the SEC standards to get in are higher than the PAC-10/12.  Is this true?  We are talking about USC, UCLA, Stanford, etc.
Stanford is one of THE hardest schools to get into, yet the PAC10/12 will lower
their standards to allow athletes to get into their school?  Something smells fishy.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 02, 2011, 08:07:15 pm
Collier?

Ugh, I should have just done my own research. Bryce Cottrell of Plano. That's who I was confusing with Nance.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 02, 2011, 08:15:36 pm
Ugh, I should have just done my own research. Bryce Cottrell of Plano. That's who I was confusing with Nance.
Nance looks Miami circa 1980's... that would as big as any of the names we are after x dgb.

Hogger

Holy Crap!  From the film it looks like he has:

-great ball skills
-reads plays well
-sheds blocks well
-excellent tackler
-nose for the football
-never quits on a play

Not seeing any weaknesses.  Oh my...   :D

swinesation

Quote from: Hogger on December 02, 2011, 11:50:18 pm

-great ball skills
-reads plays well
-sheds blocks well
-excellent tackler
-nose for the football
-never quits on a play

All true. If you want to be picky, he doesn't seem especially physical.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: swinesation on December 03, 2011, 12:23:27 am

Looks like an athlete playing defense.... Which is what we need.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hogger

Quote from: swinesation on December 03, 2011, 12:23:27 am

I'll give you that.  He looks like a safety/linebacker tweener.  Put 15-20lbs of muscle on him and I'm sure the physicality will come given the above talents.

JackJohnson

December 03, 2011, 07:22:06 am #31 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:23:46 am by JackJohnson
Quote from: Hogger on December 02, 2011, 11:50:18 pm

-great ball skills
-reads plays well
-sheds blocks well
-excellent tackler
-nose for the football
-never quits on a play

his weakness is in the classroom unfortanately

Music City Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 02, 2011, 07:59:09 pm
That situation amazes me. Its as intriguing as the fact we oversigned by 2, and ... counted forward? Nah, I think we were just given a story that everyone bought (hook, line, and sinker).

I still think you incorrect on two counting forward.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on December 02, 2011, 10:12:06 am

That shows how good Bobby is at evaluating players. He doesn't rely on recruiting sites like other big school coaches. He does his own work.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: WBOBO on December 02, 2011, 08:09:29 pm
What I find hard to figure out is the SEC standards to get in are higher than the PAC-10/12.  Is this true?  We are talking about USC, UCLA, Stanford, etc.
Stanford is one of THE hardest schools to get into, yet the PAC10/12 will lower
their standards to allow athletes to get into their school?  Something smells fishy.

I don't think our standards are higher. I think they are just different. If you look at it, we're having trouble with all the JUCO kids that we're getting from out west. They probably have different admission requirements in the PAC-12, so naturally all of the west coast JUCOs would have their curriculum geared towards those requirements. If I remember correctly, Wiley's grades were good enough to get into the SEC, but he was missing a class that was required for the SEC and not for the PAC-12.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 03, 2011, 08:22:04 am

I still think you incorrect on two counting forward.

That was the "party line" put forth by a payboard gooroo last spring/summer. It was transported here and has had a life of its own every since!

Two were likely recruited walk-ons - pay your own way for 2 years and then we put you on scholie.