Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Leach Petition

Started by Boarsnest, September 12, 2017, 10:08:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

There should be two types of internet available to the public...

1. Read Access - available to everyone
2. Read/Write Access - available to those that pass a test

Boarsnest

I caught the tail end of a sports segement showing Mike Leach at a press conference. A reporter ask Leach about the petition. I thought that it couldn't be right, that I must of heard something wrong. I googled it and sure enough it's out there.

NuttinItUp

Ex-Trumpet

Might have been an interesting hire 10 years or so ago.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Tusks

At this point how much worse could it be with Leach on the sidelines 'today'?

I know he's not going to be the hogs coach but really if he stepped in over the next 3-4 years how much worse could it get.  I watched the Boise St. game between my toes laying in bed and once again you had a team come back and win with some passion and ingenuity.  Something that hasn't been around here in 6 years.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Wildhog

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Boarsnest on September 12, 2017, 10:20:34 am
I caught the tail end of a sports segement showing Mike Leach at a press conference. A reporter ask Leach about the petition. I thought that it couldn't be right, that I must of heard something wrong. I googled it and sure enough it's out there.

Well? What did he say?  ;)

RazorbackAlways

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

sickboy

For such a small fan base, we are insane. How do we become talking points in the media every time there is a coach on the hot seat? I don't understand how we can't just let things play out naturally without showing everyone that we are ignorant as all hell.

Tusks

Quote from: Wildhog on September 12, 2017, 10:34:08 am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm not going to debate bringing in Leach, cause it aint happening, but since we're in the aliens and saskwatch area, really if you dropped Leach into the role today, what would his record be over the next 3 years versus Bert over the next 3 years.  Would Leach have a better record or worse record ?

husker71

Wildhog

Quote from: tusked on September 12, 2017, 10:44:35 am
I'm not going to debate bringing in Leach, cause it aint happening, but since we're in the aliens and saskwatch area, really if you dropped Leach into the role today, what would his record be over the next 3 years versus Bert over the next 3 years.  Would Leach have a better record or worse record ?

I don't know.  Wouldn't surprise me if it was better.  But that's not saying much.  I want a younger guy that's still hungry and has a higher ceiling than Mike Leach.   

Montgomery at Tulsa and Norvell at Memphis are two guys I'm keeping an eye on.  There are a few others, as well.

I'd also take Venables, if he were interested.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggie17

No to Mike Leach, it would be an improvement over what we have, but no.

Tusks

Quote from: Wildhog on September 12, 2017, 10:48:55 am
I don't know.  Wouldn't surprise me if it was better.  But that's not saying much.  I want a younger guy that's still hungry and has a higher ceiling than Mike Leach.   

Montgomery at Tulsa and Norvell at Memphis are two guys I'm keeping an eye on.  There are a few others, as well.

I'd also take Venables, if he were interested.

I agree but the point is it WOULD be an improvement.  First thing to go would be the 0-15 when trailing at the half stat.  Second would probably be the losing SEC record.

HF#1

If we even consider Mike Leach I will go from Razorback fan to general College football fan.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Boarsnest

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on September 12, 2017, 10:35:16 am
Well? What did he say?  ;)

I was about to head out the door and caught the last part of it. Leach response was that they were preparing for their next opponent or something along those lines. I thought there was no way that I heard that right but I guess that it is out there! Lol!

rljjr

Yeah, let's bring in a guy who has never won anything. That will cure all our ills. Then again maybe it would lower expectations. Yeah, that's the ticket.

hogsanity

Quote from: sickboy on September 12, 2017, 10:43:52 am
For such a small fan base, we are insane. How do we become talking points in the media every time there is a coach on the hot seat? I don't understand how we can't just let things play out naturally without showing everyone that we are ignorant as all hell.

Apparently we have more fans per capita WITH NOTHING ELSE TO DO.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

Yeah let's do like America did and hire the biggest loudest mouth we can find. Make the hogs great again and all.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2017, 12:27:02 pm
Yeah let's do like America did and hire the biggest loudest mouth we can find. Make the hogs great again and all.

I think the college football version of that is at Florida Atlantic.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 10:12:48 am

Meh... Y'all think forced sterilization would be overkill..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Boarsnest

September 12, 2017, 01:47:09 pm #23 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:49:51 pm by Boarsnest
I'm not promoting Leach in anyway. I was shocked that someone started a petition and sent it to Long. I guess this kind of stupid crap happens with every fan base, I guess that I just notice when it involves the Razorbacks.

I have supported Bret and will TRY to do so until he is no longer the coach. I will say that I have lost confidence in his ability to field a competitive team in the SEC. I don't expect to win every game I realize that we are not Alabama, LSU, Georgia etc... but I expect to see a well coached competitive team for the amount of money that Bret is paid.

I have coaches that I would like to have as a replacement if Bret is let go and Leach is not one of them. Folks that donate a heck of a lot more money to the University than myself may have an influence on those decisions. I don't expect to be contacted when changes are made, so I will keep my opinions to myself!

Holtz, Hatfield, Crowe, Ford, Nutt and Bielema were not on my wish list when they hired but I bought into the hires. I guess Nutt was the only one that I wanted gone well before he was terminated. I'm sure I will support the next coach when Bret is replaced even if it happened to be Leach. I have followed the Razorbacks since the mid 60's, I will not let a coach or AD change my love for the U of A or for the young men and women that make a commitment to represent it.

Calling All Hogs

How is this newsworthy? Anyone can build a free website and start a petition for anything. What is next? "Man creates Youtube video criticizing loss to TCU"?

hobhog

Kinda like the fan who wrote the racist letter to Sumlin. One whack job gets all the attention over millions.....

phadedhawg

I loved Leach at TTU and now at WSU but even so, this sounds like getting rid of one set of problems and replacing them with another.  WSU is in Pullman, not the most cosmopolitan of towns but hard to say how NW Arkansas would be overwhelmingly better.  Leach's expectations at WSU is a lot lower than they'd be at Arkansas.  Pullman just wants to have fun, if they win some games, even better. 

We'd have to pay big to lure him out of a comfortable situation. 

WSU, though rarely a threat, is in the Pac 12 and the road to the playoffs is very possible in that conference and much easier than at Arkansas. 

Aside from our reasoning on the hire, Leach would be mad to bolt WSU for Arkansas. 

I'd be more interested in a young coach with limited experience, low pay and easy to replace.  Take a couple stabs at finding the next new star instead of paying out the nose for a retread.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 12, 2017, 10:28:09 am
Might have been an interesting hire 10 years or so ago.

He is guaranteed not to be boring.

RebHog

With his offense we would just swap problems to other end of the spectrum. He doesn't even have a TE on his roster. This place would explode failing to score a TD from the 1 running shotgun plays all 3 downs.  Now if we could swap leach for bret and his buyout today well I am on board :D . Realistically we probably have to wait for the buyout money to drop at this point I would hope leach wouldn't be in the running.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 10:12:48 am

Same should be for voting, but that will never happen. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JackTNHogfan

ChicoHog

Quote from: RebHog on September 12, 2017, 04:31:13 pm
With his offense we would just swap problems to other end of the spectrum. He doesn't even have a TE on his roster. This place would explode failing to score a TD from the 1 running shotgun plays all 3 downs.  Now if we could swap leach for bret and his buyout today well I am on board :D . Realistically we probably have to wait for the buyout money to drop at this point I would hope leach wouldn't be in the running.
Agreed.  I love listening to his press conferences and his off the field stuff but I can't stand his style of football.  Throw it 60 times a game and most of them 5 yard passes.  No defense (although Wazzu has improved there a little), no running game.  Can't get short yardage stuff (yes, I know we can't either but that is another issue!), no physicality.  Not a good recruiter either.  We need a great recruiter and an energetic guy.  I would love Venables and there are probably other guys also.