Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kelley Address DUI Arrest

Started by gdumont, March 29, 2018, 09:19:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

liljo

Quote from: gdumont on March 29, 2018, 09:19:44 pm
On Thursday, Cole Kelley apologized to the Razorback fan base for his November DUI arrest

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/kelley-issues-apology-to-razorback-fans-for-dui-arrest/1088141055

That's good enough for me. Go Cole! Go Hogs!
WPS !
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

arlhog

That's all he can  do.  Now he has 3 years to prove it was just a one time mistake.  You have to give him that chance.  Everybody deserves one second chance for something like that.

Lady Razorback

That apology was well spoken.  Young men and women especially in their college years make mistakes on their way to becoming the type of people they aspire to be.  I respect what Cole has done here.

I will never forget the released video of his arrest when all he wanted was his parents.  It broke my heart and that should never have been released to the public.  I would like someone's head to roll for that but I understand it's the nature of sports today. 

jneal56

He's an adult! DUI is not something you just ignore because he was asking for his parents! Ask all the people who have lost loved ones because of a "freshman" mistake of drinking and driving. Feeling sorry for him? Really? Geez! If he weren't a Razorback QB would you feel bad for him then?

Glad he's getting a chance to prove himself but come on, be realistic about what could have happened and it shouldn't be taken lightly.
"At least we are moral"

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jneal56 on March 30, 2018, 10:16:57 pm
He's an adult! DUI is not something you just ignore because he was asking for his parents! Ask all the people who have lost loved ones because of a "freshman" mistake of drinking and driving. Feeling sorry for him? Really? Geez! If he weren't a Razorback QB would you feel bad for him then?

Glad he's getting a chance to prove himself but come on, be realistic about what could have happened and it shouldn't be taken lightly.
Yea, he's an adult and paid his dues and apologized which is good enough for me. He should be allowed to play, just don't let it happen again. I don't feel sorry for him but at the same time he did what he was required to do. Do you want to start doling out punishment on "what if's"? He didn't injure or kill anyone, had he, it would be a different story. Not all mistakes lead to the same conclusion. I would feel the same way for anyone regardless if there a college athlete or not. Now, if it happens again, kick him off the team and throw him in jail.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: jneal56 on March 30, 2018, 10:16:57 pm

I apologize if my comments in any way implied that I excuse or condone driving while drinking.  It's stupid, dangerous and avoidable. My comments were really more toward the video and its release.  I made mistakes at 19 that I would not want video'd for the whole world to see.   Hearing him ask for his parents was the part that spoke to my heart.
It was the mom in me responding to that.  Again, I truly apologize. 

jneal56

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 30, 2018, 10:38:17 pm
Yea, he's an adult and paid his dues and apologized which is good enough for me. He should be allowed to play, just don't let it happen again. I don't feel sorry for him but at the same time he did what he was required to do. Do you want to start doling out punishment on "what if's"? He didn't injure or kill anyone, had he, it would be a different story. Not all mistakes lead to the same conclusion. I would feel the same way for anyone regardless if there a college athlete or not. Now, if it happens again, kick him off the team and throw him in jail.

Never said he shouldn't play nor did I say he didn't receive the proper punishment. He did exactly what he needed and was supposed to do. I have no problems with anything about the outcome. I was simply pointing out that many on here would not feel sorry for him if he/she was just a student at the UA. Hypocritical I believe. That being said, I'm ecstatic that it's behind him and he's able to make a run at the starting QB position.

You purposefully attempted to lead my post in a different direction. It was aimed at people who tend to give leniency to athletes, celebrities, etc.... "I feel bad for him (because he is the Razorback QB)" whereas "I don't feel sorry for him just because he is a UA student, he should've known better and why was he asking for his parents? He's an adult and should be treated like one". I find it funny that those two messages will come from the same people. Or if it were an athlete from another school they'd be saying the school is too easy on their athletes. Funny don't you think?
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Quote from: Lady Razorback on March 31, 2018, 06:52:52 pm

I apologize if my comments in any way implied that I excuse or condone driving while drinking.  It's stupid, dangerous and avoidable. My comments were really more toward the video and its release.  I made mistakes at 19 that I would not want video'd for the whole world to see.   Hearing him ask for his parents was the part that spoke to my heart.
It was the mom in me responding to that.  Again, I truly apologize. 

My wife is the same way so I do know where you're coming from. We ALL make mistakes. Videos showing those mistakes make us uncomfortable but I don't remember anyone on here complaining about Baker Mayfield's video when he was arrested in Fayetteville. I recall we all had a good laugh about it.

Here's how I feel about the whole DUI with CK. He shouldn't of done it and I think we all agree with that. Uber, cabs, busses and anything else that I may not know about are all available so excuses, there are none. How he handled himself during the arrest I am proud of most of it. If he were my son, the only action that I would have been upset about other than the obvious DUI is when he asked the cop "Is it illegal to drive on the curb" or something to that matter. It may have been a legit question, it may have just been a smart a$$ comment but as a parent myself, I'd rather seen 100% cooperation without any inklings of my son or daughter possibly coming across as being insincere or smarting off.

Again, I hated that it happened to our QB and I am really proud that he didn't cause a scene as many do to make matters worse. I'll be rooting for him this entire spring and hopefully fall as our starting QB. I love what he brings to the table as our leader and expect nothing but great things out of him.
"At least we are moral"

DeltaBoy

Good for him . Go COLE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hvsupastar

I just hope he doesn't play drunk on Saturdays anymore
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

jneal56

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 02, 2018, 09:38:31 am
I just hope he doesn't play drunk on Saturdays anymore

Haha! It's full tilt boogie from now on!
"At least we are moral"

Cole doesn't owe me an apology.  I wouldn't feel I owed him an apology if I got a DUI. He earned a schollie at Arkansas.  Whatever their rules are on this is what he needs to follow.  He works for the University who has Chad Morris as the General Manager.  For example, if Cole was a truck driver, he likely would not be retainable for that job.  If he worked on an assembly line, he likely would be retainable for that job.  He works as a QB.  I don't know the company line on that position and drinking at any age.