Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't blame the players

Started by mckinneyhog5, January 30, 2018, 11:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

I blame Mike. If you watch ANY other college basketball you would understand it ALL has to do with coaching. Basketball relies more on good coaching then any other major sport.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Arazorbackguy1

What do you think Roy Williams is saying to his players tonight? 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 30, 2018, 11:40:10 pm
Don't care what do you think MA is saying to his players? RW is probably saying a lot more then what MA is saying.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Arazorbackguy1

Last I checked, UNC has exact same number of losses that the Hogs do. Roy must be terrible, with all those returning starters and all.

mckinneyhog5

Also telling them I wish we played the hogs again..because we need a sure W.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 30, 2018, 11:45:27 pm
Last I checked, UNC has exact same number of losses that the Hogs do.
And your point is? We could only wish we had NC's success over MA's tenure.

Arazorbackguy1

Point is, it's not the end of the world to lose to a TAMU program that started the year No. 5.  They have talent on their roster and they were playing at home.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 30, 2018, 11:49:07 pm
Point is, it's not the end of the world to lose to a TAMU program that started the year No. 5.  They have talent on their roster and they were playing at home.
Lol...Am won't be dancing either. Who cares where they were ranked. You want me to point out all their losses including their home losses? They're not good.

alohawg

Arkansas still #1 in average loss margin in conference?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

cardinalhawg

I see it as credit going to the coaching staff and players for the wins and things done well and blame going to the coaching staff and players for losses and things not done well. 

pigture perfect

Oh, I think there's enough blame to spread around.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

3kgthog

Gotta love the geniuses that attempt to compare Mike and his program to other programs with multiple titles. When was the last time a Roy Williams program missed the NCAAT 67% of the time or led their conference in average margin of defeat?

razorpimp

We had the players to beat A&M, but mediocre Mike's head scratching player combinations and defense was well....."Mike Like"

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Mike is lucky he had Dusty Hannahs to bail him out so much last year, or he would be fired already.

cram224

He said look at your NC ring, do you want another one.

southeasthog

Probably that they will win the next 10 in a row.

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 07, 2018, 10:40:31 am
Mark my words.  This team went home embarassed last night and will not let it happen again.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

PermianPig

As expected under the current regime - More embarrassing road losses. 
Why cant the Hogs even make it a close road game...like the other teams do when they come to Bud Walton Arena?

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 31, 2018, 01:34:11 am
Gotta love the geniuses that attempt to compare Mike and his program to other programs with multiple titles. When was the last time a Roy Williams program missed the NCAAT 67% of the time or led their conference in average margin of defeat?

Hey Cousin Eddie, we talkin' bout this season.  I don't care about the past.

WorfHog

Home team wins 70% of the time. We've won 92% at home, and 17% on the road and 50% at a neutral site. I think we'll drop one more at home and maybe pick up a road win against Ole Miss. We'll likely win 5 more games and be sitting at 20 wins going into the SEC Tournament playing for seeding in the NCAA tournament.

After that who knows, but it's not the end of the world.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: WorfHog on January 31, 2018, 12:24:10 pm
Home team wins 70% of the time. We've won 92% at home, and 17% on the road and 50% at a neutral site. I think we'll drop one more at home and maybe pick up a road win against Ole Miss. We'll likely win 5 more games and be sitting at 20 wins going into the SEC Tournament playing for seeding in the NCAA tournament.

After that who knows, but it's not the end of the world.
No, its not the end of the world but we're starting to see it.