Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We will win the next 10 in a row

Started by Arazorbackguy1, January 07, 2018, 10:40:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

Mark my words.  This team went home embarassed last night and will not let it happen again. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

The_Bionic_Pig

The crazy part is this happens just about every season.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogwood

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 07, 2018, 10:40:31 am
Mark my words.  This team went home embarassed last night and will not let it happen again.

I don't think that is possible this year but we could realistically win 5 out of the next 6 and be sitting at 16-5 (6-3). I'm not worried. I think there is plenty of time still for this team to get it together. I think 22-9 (11-7) and we are still in the tourney no doubt. From there anything can happen.

swineology

Mizzou could steal one in BWA and we'll not beat the Gators in Gainesville.

But carry on with your pipe dream

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: swineology on January 07, 2018, 11:57:51 am
Mizzou could steal one in BWA and we'll not beat the Gators in Gainesville.

But carry on with your pipe dream
exactly what y'all said last year after we lost to Mizzou and Vandy, they won 5 of 6 and beat #21 SCar on the road
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

swineology

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 07, 2018, 12:32:40 pm
exactly what y'all said last year after we lost to Mizzou and Vandy, they won 5 of 6 and beat #21 SCar on the road

5-6
10-0

Which one is not like the other?

3of5-2

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: swineology on January 07, 2018, 02:59:10 pm

5-6
10-0

Which one is not like the other?

Five out of six would be written as 5-1, not 5-6.  Nice attempted burn though!

alohawg

I expected a split on these back to back road games. Now, I have no idea what this teams identity is.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 07, 2018, 03:17:01 pm
Five out of six would be written as 5-1, not 5-6.  Nice attempted burn though!

Sick burn!

dalefromspringdale

It is way better to have an 0-2 week now than in late February. Plus we played 1 good and 1 really good team on the road. I think we're fine. Just have some things that needs to be straightened out before March which is good we're realizing that now and not in 2 months.

EastexHawg

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 07, 2018, 12:32:40 pm

Yes, I am going to remember the incredible 2016-2017 season, complete with first round win over Seton Hall and then being eliminated, as fondly and vividly as the '78 Final Four run by the Triplets, Day/Mayberry/Big O getting to the national semi-final in the early 90s, and the '94 national championship.

Knocking off South Carolina in a regular season game was basically the same thing as beating UCLA to get to the Elite Eight and Scotty's shot finishing off Coach K and Duke to win it all...and should be celebrated equally.

rzrbackramsfan

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 07, 2018, 06:16:57 pm
Yes, I am going to remember the incredible 2016-2017 season, complete with first round win over Seton Hall and then being eliminated, as fondly and vividly as the '78 Final Four run by the Triplets, Day/Mayberry/Big O getting to the national semi-final in the early 90s, and the '94 national championship.

Knocking off South Carolina in a regular season game was basically the same thing as beating UCLA to get to the Elite Eight and Scotty's shot finishing off Coach K and Duke to win it all...and should be celebrated equally.
I was talking about the season, what an idiot always trying to bring up one year in history, ONE YEAR, and everybody is saying we should expect a national championship
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

EastexHawg

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 07, 2018, 06:24:12 pm
I was talking about the season, what an idiot always trying to bring up one year in history, ONE YEAR, and everybody is saying we should expect a national championship

No, I am saying there is no need to say "I told you so" about a season that ended with a narrow win over a mediocre opponent followed by getting bounced in the second round.  Then again, considering it's only the second NCAA tournament win in 9-10 years I guess for a lot of people these days that constitutes a great season.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 07, 2018, 06:36:35 pm
No, I am saying there is no need to say "I told you so" about a season that ended with a narrow win over a mediocre opponent followed by getting bounced in the second round.  Then again, considering it's only the second NCAA tournament win in 9-10 years I guess for a lot of people these days that constitutes a great season.

Last year was a good season.  Would've liked more but hey we matched up with the eventual NC in the second round.  What do you think?

Arazorbackguy1

rzrbackramsfan

razorpimp

Do you live in Colorado, Washington, or California?

hawgrunner

I would hope your right.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 07, 2018, 10:19:02 pm
10 in a row? We won't win the next one?
wanna bet 200$? It's so sad people only pay attention to one or two games during the season

Captain Morgan

Quote from: razorpimp on January 07, 2018, 08:43:59 pm
Do you live in Colorado, Washington, or California?

I guess Jeff Sessions has a name on hogville now. 😔 :puke:

MountieDawg

I would rather make a wager with you than to Mark Your Words!!!
SEC!

hogsanity

It is not about winning X # of games in a row. College basketball is about winning enough to make the ncaat. Right now, the Hogs are still just fine in that regard, still on track to make it. The concern is that they are starting to look like they are not as good as last year, BUT the SEC is much better than last year. Last year they started 1-3 in the SEC but then got to play some really poor teams twice. They do not have that luxury this year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogwood

Quote from: dalefromspringdale on January 07, 2018, 06:00:25 pm
It is way better to have an 0-2 week now than in late February. Plus we played 1 good and 1 really good team on the road. I think we're fine. Just have some things that needs to be straightened out before March which is good we're realizing that now and not in 2 months.

Wow! Someone who has their head on their shoulders! You will achieve great things in life!

razorback1829

Happens every year. Usually go on a run a little later in the year, so at least we got these 2 out of our system.

majp51

Look the Home Court advantage in teh SEC is amazingly real. and in your 10 game stretch Arkansas has

@UF
@A&M
@UGA

Pick the top 4 teams in the Nation and they could lose to those teams playing them in their home Court, so while it is certainly possible they could pull a win or two out, the analytics tell you these 3 games are most likely losses.

Arkansas also has

@LSU

which thanks to the home court advantage should be a "pick em"

The other 6 games are at home , only Missouri would be expected  to challenge in Bud Walton, but I still would expect a win.

So realistic expectations are 7-3 (basically hold court at home and sneak a win somewhere against the 4 road games, most likely LSU)

Optimistic is 8-2

PIe in the sky is 10-0

Since you guarantee the Pie in the Sky, what are you goign to do when that doesn't happen?

HF#1

I'm waiting for a Mike Anderson team show me the fire and relentless pressure of the early 90's. Even on the road. We bring enough in BWA arena do beat anyone but we are soft on the road.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TigerHog93

SEC is wayyy to deep for anyone to win 10 straight. Best case scenario is 8-2.  I'll say they'll go 7-3

Kenny Dowell Loggains

10 in a row?

As of today, I'd say Hogs are a #9 to #10 seed at best in the tourney.

Going .500 in conference play should now be the expectation.

Here's my prediction the remainder of the season, and I've got a feeling I won't be too far off:

LSU - W
Mizzou - L
@ FL - L
Ole Miss - W
@UGA - W our first true road win
OKST - W
@A&M - L
@LSU - W Another road game we'll somehow win
South Carolina - W
Vandy - W
@Ole Miss - L
A&M - W
UK - L
@Bama - L
Auburn - W
@Mizzou - L

Mizzou will sweep us, another year of losing to FL on the road, and another year of being UK's B**ch.
9-7 the rest of the way.  20-11 final record & go 1-1 in the SEC tournament.  For a final record of 21-12.  Because of the SEC strength, we'll be the 7th or 8th team invited with an at large bid of #9 or #10 seed.

RacinRazorback

Quote from: gguillo on January 08, 2018, 04:13:06 pm
10 in a row?

As of today, I'd say Hogs are a #9 to #10 seed at best in the tourney.

Going .500 in conference play should now be the expectation.

Here's my prediction the remainder of the season, and I've got a feeling I won't be too far off:

LSU - W
Mizzou - L
@ FL - L
Ole Miss - W
@UGA - W our first true road win
OKST - W
@A&M - L
@LSU - W Another road game we'll somehow win
South Carolina - W
Vandy - W
@Ole Miss - L
A&M - W
UK - L
@Bama - L
Auburn - W
@Mizzou - L

Mizzou will sweep us, another year of losing to FL on the road, and another year of being UK's B**ch.
9-7 the rest of the way.  20-11 final record & go 1-1 in the SEC tournament.  For a final record of 21-12.  Because of the SEC strength, we'll be the 7th or 8th team invited with an at large bid of #9 or #10 seed.

I would have to agree with this! Don't know about beating Okie State though! I think we get in the tourney, but by a slim margin! This team has some serious faults to overcome. They have an opportunity to do some special things, just not sure they can achieve it! WPS!!

yocdaddy

wanna bet 200$? It's so sad people only pay attention to one or two games during the season
[/quote]

I'd bet more than 200$ that we don't win the next 10...
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: yocdaddy on January 09, 2018, 01:44:12 pm

if you would read what I quoted the guy says he would bet we don't win the next one

nwahogfan1

January 10, 2018, 07:26:21 am #35 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:47:52 am by nwahogfan1

Take it to Vegas and win you some big bucks?   I ask you this Was the team embarrassed or was it you? 

I think unless we find some more scorers plus more inside toughness/rebounding this is the best we can play.  We can not rely on 2 guys all season to do all the scoring. SEC  Defenses are two athletic and will adjust and take one or both down a notch to see if anyone else steps up.

Plus how good defensively are we? How tough is our mentality? We will see?

I see us probably going around 500 the rest of the year with no road wins and a 8-10th NCAAT seed with maybe 1 win. 

I am really glad Mike is bringing in his best class or his seat would be warming.     Being average sucks but beats whst we had. Maybe that is all we should expect here and from a $3 million coach! 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2018, 09:14:30 am
It is not about winning X # of games in a row. College basketball is about winning enough to make the ncaat. Right now, the Hogs are still just fine in that regard, still on track to make it. The concern is that they are starting to look like they are not as good as last year, BUT the SEC is much better than last year. Last year they started 1-3 in the SEC but then got to play some really poor teams twice. They do not have that luxury this year.

I think your right.  We should be happy just to get into the NCAAT. Just like our football team should just be happy to get a nice Bowl.   Your probable right but it just doesn't seem like its enough.

razorback1829

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 10, 2018, 07:26:21 am
Take it to Vegas and win you some big bucks?   I ask you this Was the team embarrassed or was it you? 

I think unless we find some more scorers plus more inside toughness/rebounding this is the best we can play.  We can not rely on 2 guys all season to do all the scoring. SEC  Defenses are two athletic and will adjust and take one or both down a notch to see if anyone else steps up.

Plus how good defensively are we? How tough is our mentality? We will see?

I see us probably going around 500 the rest of the year with no road wins and a 8-10th NCAAT seed with maybe 1 win. 

I am really glad Mike is bringing in his best class or his seat would be warming.     Being average sucks but beats whst we had. Maybe that is all we should expect here and from a $3 million coach!

He doesn't make $3 mill a year, but he will after this year 😉 He'll make AT LEAST $3 million.

code red

10 in a row? And we play little to no half court defense.  Hmm....IDK.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: yocdaddy on January 09, 2018, 01:44:12 pm

Yep
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Sportsguy

Agree we make the tourney. Just wonder where that team that beat OU went. Mike needs to get they guys going 40 min of hell style. I don't think we beat OU if we played today. We have gone opposite of them and we are older and much more seasoned. Just don't get it.

code red

Quote from: Sportsguy on January 10, 2018, 11:42:11 am
Agree we make the tourney. Just wonder where that team that beat OU went. Mike needs to get they guys going 40 min of hell style. I don't think we beat OU if we played today. We have gone opposite of them and we are older and much more seasoned. Just don't get it.
This is what I am screaming.  We played dang good defense and didn't give Oklahoma many second chance baskets.  We need to quit reading our press clippings.  Or at this point maybe start reading them.

razorback1829

Quote from: Sportsguy on January 10, 2018, 11:42:11 am

Everything changed when Thomas was inserted into the starting lineup. Time let Bailey go play free and fly around. Thomas should be our 4th option at the 4.

hogsolutely

I can only see 10 possibly 12 more wins for this team 23 is good 25 would be better.   Just really do not have that killer instinct. 

ishankem

You better just hope we can win all our home games

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 07, 2018, 10:29:50 pm

Is it too late to get in on this?  we look like stuff tonight.

razorbackchamps94

oldbooniehog

They are down 21-7 at home to LSU.

It's happening again!

LumberBacks

SIAP, but did the Hogs get invited to the Big Baller Brand challenge against Jr. league teams in Lithuania?  Is that when the 10-game run on wins starts.  Because it's not starting with the LSU game.  I think you meant a 10-game losing streak, Carnac.

HAM ELLIOT

Every time we enter the top 25, this happens.  We are not a good "ranked" team.  Tonight, we just arent a good team PERIOD!