Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee Game

Started by Piglet, December 25, 2017, 10:37:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet

I have an uneasy feeling about the Tennessee game.  Traditionally the team has not played well after the Christmas holidays and especially after a week long break between games.  They seem to lose their edge and it takes a couple of games to get back to where they were before the break.  I hope this year will be different.
Treasure your ignorance.  Once it is lost you can never get it back.

arkansas1994

Yeah, seems to be the trend in the past, but it also seemed like our first conference game was on the road, I think it will be different this year since it is at home and the talent level and team chemistry is much better this year. I absolutely love this team. I was at the Little Rock game and it was amazing.

labb

We have the CSU Baker. game before the Tenn. game. That will help....Tenn. defense really worries me.

bigred223

We need to play our game and make them go to their bench. Easier said than done.

Bacon_Bitz

Tennessee will be coming off of a long break. They have a couple of road wins but they haven't played anybody like us on the road. They beat a 5-6 Georgia Tech team by 7 in front of 6500 and a 7-5 Wake Forest by 19 after scoring the last 13 points in the final 4:30 in front o 11300. They won't be ready for the Bud and Jaylen and will get beat by 15+. I bet the line is even 6 or 7 in our favor.

RaisinHog

Yes I am thankful we have one more tune up. . but I feel confident in the friendly confides of a packed bud Walton..

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 25, 2017, 11:37:28 am
Yes I am thankful we have one more tune up. . but I feel confident in the friendly confides of a packed bud Walton..

Yeah, I think we got this. I'm actually more worried about Misstake and how pumped they will be to get us at home after the way they beat us last year plus, the Perry Affair adds a bit more of an edge. Pretty sure he will be front and center at that game.

3of5-2

This will be another game that Arkansas proves that another ranked team shouldn't be ranked. Arkansas 83-69.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 3of5-2 on December 26, 2017, 07:00:44 pm
This will be another game that Arkansas proves that another ranked team shouldn't be ranked. Arkansas 83-69.

Hogs will beat Tenner but Tenner should still be ranked though.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 26, 2017, 07:23:21 pm
Hogs will beat Tenner but Tenner should still be ranked though.
it's sad that Arkansas has a better resume, Tennessee doesn't have a top 25 win I don't believe
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogfanny

The houston game is hurtin us for now. Takes 1000 ataboys to make up for 1 aw shucks.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 26, 2017, 07:27:05 pm
it's sad that Arkansas has a better resume, Tennessee doesn't have a top 25 win I don't believe

UT beat Purdue

tennesseehogwild

Every game in the SEC this year will probably be a war for all 14 teams.

King Kong

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on December 26, 2017, 10:12:29 pm
Every game in the SEC this year will probably be a war for all 14 teams.

Good news is the RPI's this year will also reflect that battle

The_Iceman

Well, I think the packed house will help. Also, this team knowing that they will be ranked if they beat Tennessee will also be a huge motivator.

Letsroll1200

Gafford length will give Williams some issues. If Gafford can stay out of foul trouble the Razorbacks will be in good shape. I'm really impressed with Tennessee toughness and Schofield game has grown. He can go inside or step outside and knock down the 3 ball. This season we can not afford to lose our home games because it's going to be tough to win on the road. Rick Barnes will have his team ready. He's the early favorite for SEC coach of the year.