Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone done Rushfit by GSP

Started by batesvillepharmer, March 08, 2014, 11:23:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

batesvillepharmer

I'm middle aged, out of shape guy who started rushfit a few weeks ago. Was satisfied w progress until today. Just got to day 15, and which is first day of total body strength and conditioning DVD. It absolutely destroyed me in the beginning. I exhausted myself and I didn't complete the last 2 rounds. Would it be best to keep on schedule as this day completed or repeat this session in a day or two starting off at a slower pace?

Guinness Snout

I likeit a lot.   Thatsa very tough video.  Don't try and keep up with them.  If you need to pause it and catch your breath.  Start it back and finish.  Trust me its a hard workout that has left me on my hands and knees but you can do it.

Razorhawg09

Is it like insanity? All that pounding 6 days of week was hell on my knees.

batesvillepharmer

Quote from: Guinness Snout on March 08, 2014, 12:28:57 pm
I likeit a lot.   Thatsa very tough video.  Don't try and keep up with them.  If you need to pause it and catch your breath.  Start it back and finish.  Trust me its a hard workout that has left me on my hands and knees but you can do it.
Thanks for the advice. I've hit walls before, but this one was the worst haha

batesvillepharmer

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 08, 2014, 05:21:31 pm
Is it like insanity? All that pounding 6 days of week was hell on my knees.
Idk, like I said im no expert. it's 6 days a week too roughly but it's not a cardio based routine. The "cardio" days you just do on your own however you want. I've been doing c25k app on treadmill for that. Rushfit does have a lot of vertical exercises but he usually gives an alternative if you can't do it.

Guinness Snout

The only part I see being like insanity would be the explosive power video.  I haven't done insanity but I've read its kinda tough onthe knees.  Rushfit is more endurenced based I guess you could say, but you get a great cardio workout.  You use light hand weights.

ldfergu

Sometimes it's smarter to crawl before you walk. It appears you have the motivation but may need a not-so-crazy workout regimen to start out with.  It's redundant but diet is just as important, probably more, as working out. Get yourself in decent shape before you start high intensity programs. Wouldn't want you getting injured or developing a case of rhabdo!

superior_wang

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on March 12, 2014, 11:54:47 am
Sometimes it's smarter to crawl before you walk. It appears you have the motivation but may need a not-so-crazy workout regimen to start out with.  It's redundant but diet is just as important, probably more, as working out. Get yourself in decent shape before you start high intensity programs. Wouldn't want you getting injured or developing a case of rhabdo!

just my two cents

with insanity i HAD to  pause the videos when i started... i go till i cant.. hit pause, grab a swig of water, catch my breath, then go again... doing this will get you to where you can finish the video. i promise you those folks on the dvds  didnt blow thru it either.! if your knees hurt (mine do) ..wrap them suckers with ace wraps..works for me.

good luck.