Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

share your tips on diet "cheat day"

Started by superior_wang, January 30, 2014, 09:05:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

superior_wang

ok, like all of us, im trying to eat right and all that ...been doing really well, very happy in general, but i gotta say yesterday i just blew it... i was starving from the moment i got up
( i generally try to do sorta a 40-40-20 macro , thats the goal anyway. )

so instead of say 2500 cals, i prob went 4500-ish. yeah,  so bad i feel guilty today (which is good really has me motivated)..anyway , anyone have tips  on avoiding this , let er rip...and please dont start with "dont have a a cheat day" ..

Hogsmo Kramer

I use the 90% rule.

90% of the time I eat right the other 10% I eat what I want.

I usually allow myself 3 cheat meals a week and that's it. Not like go crazy, build an igloo of Klondike bars and eat my way out cheating, but cheating nonetheless.

However, if I miss a meal that counts as a cheat meal so it gives me incentive to stay on track and prepare my meals so I don't miss one. I'm allowed to spread them out or eat them all on the same day but as I've found one true cheat meal is generally all I need to stave off cravings so I rarely go all out in one day and they're typically spread out for times like Sunday after church or Friday or Saturday watching sports, etc.

It works out pretty well and in IMO actually helps burn fat and increase metabolism doing intermittent cheat meals.

Anyway it won't work though if you're not squared away with your diet for the 90% but if you are I say cheat away at least for that 10%.

Oh one more thing if you're totally paranoid about cheating try getting in a workout on the day you plan to cheat to put your mind at ease.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Coondog Hog

I usually do it on a Saturday when i've ran like hell that morning.  With that being my day for longer runs I have seen no negative impact eating bad after my workout that day.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Delicious~Dreams

I try to burn more than I take in.   I do portion control on my meals.  I can't do the cheat day...it makes me want it that much more.   I try to remember life is short and to enjoy the small things life, whether it be chocolate cake or a nice steak.  I will add a few miles to my run in able to enjoy the reward:)    Hang in and Good Luck!

DeltaBoy

I limit myself to a snickers or a small Ice Cream cone most times and others I have a full blown juke food blowout.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog1966

I just try and make sure that even though I'm cheating, the meals balance out. For instance, I might have eggs, bacon or sausage, and biscuits for breakfast. Lunch would be pizza, and ice cream for dessert. Dinner could be any kind of meat, potatoes and gravy, and two servings of veggies along with cake for dessert. Just an example of course.

Basically, I'm trying to make sure I have a good source of protein with each meal, and some fat. The purpose to help avoid to some degree the insulin spike and higher fat storage that comes along with the high sugar treats.

Delicious~Dreams

Today is a must have kind of cheat day:)   Who can resist Chocolates on Valentines Day? 

TX HOG

im attempting to drop 30lbs.  Im a 3rd grade teacher, dang the amount candy i get from kids.  TOUGH!!!!!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on January 30, 2014, 08:20:11 pm
I use the 90% rule.

90% of the time I eat right the other 10% I eat what I want.

I usually allow myself 3 cheat meals a week and that's it. Not like go crazy, build an igloo of Klondike bars and eat my way out cheating, but cheating nonetheless.

However, if I miss a meal that counts as a cheat meal so it gives me incentive to stay on track and prepare my meals so I don't miss one. I'm allowed to spread them out or eat them all on the same day but as I've found one true cheat meal is generally all I need to stave off cravings so I rarely go all out in one day and they're typically spread out for times like Sunday after church or Friday or Saturday watching sports, etc.

It works out pretty well and in IMO actually helps burn fat and increase metabolism doing intermittent cheat meals.

Anyway it won't work though if you're not squared away with your diet for the 90% but if you are I say cheat away at least for that 10%.

Oh one more thing if you're totally paranoid about cheating try getting in a workout on the day you plan to cheat to put your mind at ease.

This is what I typically do.  I stay fairly lean (7-9% BF) and it keeps me sane.  Right now I'm on a carb/water reduction (competition diet) to drop below 5%.  The carb reduction isn't near as bad as reducing my water.  Means less coffee for this coffee addict during the day.  6 days till I'm having a stack of pancakes!!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ldfergu

Quote from: superior_wang on January 30, 2014, 09:05:51 am
ok, like all of us, im trying to eat right and all that ...been doing really well, very happy in general, but i gotta say yesterday i just blew it... i was starving from the moment i got up
( i generally try to do sorta a 40-40-20 macro , thats the goal anyway. )

so instead of say 2500 cals, i prob went 4500-ish. yeah,  so bad i feel guilty today (which is good really has me motivated)..anyway , anyone have tips  on avoiding this , let er rip...and please dont start with "dont have a a cheat day" ..

On your work week eat clean. Packing ur lunches the night before makes this much easier or prepare them for the week. On your weekends eat what you please but don't go full-retodd.

DeltaBoy

We been working on eating clean all work week and enjoy some Meat and Salad on the weekend.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.