Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulaski Academy WR Brian Langford

Started by The Recruiting Guy, January 30, 2007, 08:39:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

will not walkon at Arkansas.. He'll play his college football at Tulsa or Vanderbilt.

razorhoggs

I believe they need to make Malzahn the Recruiting Coordinator as well!

501Ben

Guys its not like he is raking 4 and 5 star recruits. He is using his name to get a lot of kids from Arkansas, don't get me wrong I like Gus and wish he would have stayed, but don't treat him like this recruiting god.

Phaedrus

Quote from: 501Ben on January 30, 2007, 09:32:56 pm
Guys its not like he is raking 4 and 5 star recruits. He is using his name to get a lot of kids from Arkansas, don't get me wrong I like Gus and wish he would have stayed, but don't treat him like this recruiting god.

You really think we get ANY of the following if Malzahn is not on staff last year.

Mustain
Cleveland
Damian
Salters
Crawford
Broadway

We are screwed for years to come with the guys who are teetering. Houston Nutt against Gus Malzahn is like taking a knife to a gun fight.

Dyerhog

And do you think Gus would have got all of these (other than possibly his Springdale boys) to Tulsa?  I, too, wish he would have stayed--but it is premature to make some kind of Coaching/recruiting genius.

311Hog

Quote from: Dyerhog on January 31, 2007, 08:46:31 am
And do you think Gus would have got all of these (other than possibly his Springdale boys) to Tulsa?  I, too, wish he would have stayed--but it is premature to make some kind of Coaching/recruiting genius.

i dunno 5-6 4-7  and then 10-4 ? xfactor being gus/wood and a few freshman? sounds pretty impressive to me.  If Tulsa wins more games then the Hogs next year .. hmm sounds dangerous.

Dyerhog

I guess you are giving Malzahn/Wood credit for the improved defense, too.  It seems to me that McFadden and Jones and the line were the strength of the offense and none were recruited by Malzahn/Woods.  I believe that Malzahn/Woods were helpful in the improvement and should share in the credit, but the inference of your post seems to give them full credit.   

skeet2121

I got a suggestion how bout put Tulsa on our schedule next year!!

Bomis Hawg

Langford is a solid WR.  I hope he goes to Vandy, just to play in the SEC.  But, playing for Tulsa and Todd Graham/Gus would be nice also.

Sloppys

Quote from: 311Hog on January 31, 2007, 08:49:15 am

i dunno 5-6 4-7  and then 10-4 ? xfactor being gus/wood and a few freshman? sounds pretty impressive to me.  If Tulsa wins more games then the Hogs next year .. hmm sounds dangerous.
Uhh....Hello??? Dmac/Felix..... mean anything to you? That's the real xfactor...isn't it???

501Ben

Quote from: 311Hog on January 31, 2007, 08:49:15 am

and a man named Darren McFadden...oh ya and this guy Felix Jones I hear he isn't bad either.

staffhog

Without DMAC, BUTU, Jamal and Keith, we would have been mediocre

ki285

we dont have malzhan recruiting for us this year and we are getting some pretty damn good players. ill bet our recruiting class will be a hell of a lot better than tulsa and they have malzhan doing there recruiting.  i guess we are getting good players this year because they feel sorry for us because malzhan left. 

KAHog

IMO, we shouldn't be worried about beating Gus/Tulsa in recruiting.  We should be more concerned about LOSING in recruiting to our SEC competition.....

spurrr

No need to put TU on the schedule next yr but request for Frank to get them on there in 3 yrs and see if he gives Gus a shot!!!!
TU just got moved to the same class as UALR and ASU in Frank's book.

woodworth

Quote from: Phaedrus on January 30, 2007, 11:12:53 pm
Quote from: 501Ben on January 30, 2007, 09:32:56 pm

You really think we get ANY of the following if Malzahn is not on staff last year.

Mustain
Cleveland
Damian
Salters
Crawford
Broadway

We are screwed for years to come with the guys who are teetering. Houston Nutt against Gus Malzahn is like taking a knife to a gun fight.

GM got the Springdale guys because he coached them, and the rest came because of MM's high profile/ Ramon Broadway's friendship. Anyone claiming otherwise is out of touch, in my humble opinion.

hogsmaster

Quote from: staffhog on January 31, 2007, 08:01:20 pm
Without DMAC, BUTU, Jamal and Keith, we would have been mediocre

and Monk, Jones, Grant, Houston, Hewitt, and the OL and DL