Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa Razorback Club & SCOTTY THURMAN

Started by McKdaddy, August 10, 2010, 11:07:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

August 10, 2010, 11:07:16 am Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:13:49 am by McKdaddy
WHEN:  this Saturday, September 18th
TIME:  Kick-off is @ approx 11 am
WHERE:  Fair Meadows Sports Grill.

Fair Meadows is providing "The Loft" room to the GTRC.  There are stairs and an elevator available, both located towards the back of the building, near the restrooms.  The Loft is a private room, where we will receive dedicated video and audio for our game, without the irritants of any OU or Okie St. fans.  Food will be available from the menu, and I encourage everyone to support Fair Meadows during our watch party, as they have done an excellent job supporting the GTRC and its members in 2010.

Please RSVP your attendace so I might help Fair Meadows prepare. 

The GTRC's last watch party was for Ole Miss (spit!) in 2009 and attended by 34 Hog fans.  It's time again for some Hog fans to gather.  I tire of talking football all week with Okie St. and OU fans--so let's band together, hang out with other Tulsa-area Hog fans, and cheer on Petrino's Hog to victory.

I'll be there--hope to see you there!

Go Hogs!
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hydrophonic

I've got a cold or sinus thing kicking right now, but if I get well enough to get out then this is where I'll go.  I'll try to shoot you a PM later in the week.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

McKdaddy

Quote from: hydrophonic on September 14, 2010, 10:16:49 am
I've got a cold or sinus thing kicking right now, but if I get well enough to get out then this is where I'll go.  I'll try to shoot you a PM later in the week.

Get better Hydro.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hey what's the addy on the place?  I don't know Tulsa all that well.  I'm over here in Stillwater and this sounds like it will be better than holing up in the lobby of a dorm to catch the Hogs on espn3

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

hydrophonic

hydrophonic

hydrophonic

Any plans to get together for the A&M game?

I don't get ABC and I'm assuming it will be blacked out on ESPN3 (since it should be the local over-the-air game) so I'll have to leave the house to watch it.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hydrophonic on October 04, 2010, 12:55:56 pm
Any plans to get together for the A&M game?

I don't get ABC and I'm assuming it will be blacked out on ESPN3 (since it should be the local over-the-air game) so I'll have to leave the house to watch it.

Not formally, as most of the board will be at "The Battle for Texarkana".  I do plan on having a watch party at the same place for Auburn...just waiting on the Auburn gametime to be released before finalizing.

hydrophonic

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 04, 2010, 02:47:46 pm
most of the board will be at "The Battle for Texarkana".

Umm, what?  Sorry, I'm out of the loop sometimes.

Auburn watch party should be great.  I'm probably attending the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival that day (ducking out of the Malco for the game, of course) but if I'm in Tulsa that weekend, I'm sure I'll see you at Fair Meadows.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hydrophonic on October 04, 2010, 03:05:39 pm
Umm, what?  Sorry, I'm out of the loop sometimes.

Auburn watch party should be great.  I'm probably attending the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival that day (ducking out of the Malco for the game, of course) but if I'm in Tulsa that weekend, I'm sure I'll see you at Fair Meadows.

Sorry to read of your moving back to LR, but it sounds like things will be better for you in terms of stepping back into the life you had there.

"Battle for Texarkana" is just my dumb name for the UA/a&m game.

hydrophonic

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 06, 2010, 06:41:10 am
"Battle for Texarkana" is just my dumb name for the UA/a&m game.

Gotcha.

The LR move will be a good one for me, so long as I can find a job pretty quick.  Family, friends, and all that.

Not sure exactly what I'll do for the game.  If any other Tulsa Hogvillians have a favorite spot, speak up.  Otherwise I'll probably end up at that wing place at 81st & Sheridan.  That's where I watched the A&M game last year.  Friendly staff, good food, and - most importantly - I'm under the impression that the owner is a Hog fan.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hydrophonic on October 06, 2010, 07:57:17 am
Gotcha.

The LR move will be a good one for me, so long as I can find a job pretty quick.  Family, friends, and all that.

Not sure exactly what I'll do for the game.  If any other Tulsa Hogvillians have a favorite spot, speak up.  Otherwise I'll probably end up at that wing place at 81st & Sheridan.  That's where I watched the A&M game last year.  Friendly staff, good food, and - most importantly - I'm under the impression that the owner is a Hog fan.

If the owner is a Hog fan, I'd like to know that (I think Wing Run is the name of the place, but I'm not sure).  I don't know if Tulsa Hog fans have a favorite spot, but if I hear of a few people deciding to go to one spot, I'll let you know.

hydrophonic

Yes, please pass on anything about a get together.  I realized after the UGA game that I had met Ken before.  We sat next to each other at the Fox & Hound for the 2006 Vandy game.  Nice guy and really knowledgeable.

Wing Run sounds right.  Pretty sure about the owner being a Hog fan.  I think one of the employees told me that before the A&M game last year.  I went there for the Liberty Bowl too and I might have talked to him that night.  I drank a lot that night, so I might be remembering that wrong.

McKdaddy

WHEN:  Monday, November 15th
TIME:  6 pm, socialize & dine; 7 pm, guest speaker SCOTTY THURMAN (aka Mr. Clutch)
WHERE:  Fair Meadows Grill @ Expo Square, 4609 E. 21st Street.

Come join fellow Hog fans in the greater Tulsa area for our annual Arkansas Razorback tip-off party!

Has any Razorback in memory (maybe Marvin Delph?) hit as many clutch shots for the Hogs as Scotty Thurman?  This is your chance to greet this Razorback legend.  Scotty joined the UA basketball program in April 2010 as Director of Student-Athlete Development. Scotty can provide a pre-view of the upcoming basketball season, and maybe some in-sight into our 2010-11 hoops team.

The ticket raffle ($5 per raffle ticket) and live & silent auctions will consist of tickets to all Fayetteville basketball games, as well as assorted Razorback gear & autographed items.

Fair Meadows will provide a buffet for $10 per person.  They will also provide a cash bar.  Fair Meadows will accept cash or "plastic" for the buffet and bar.

Membership dues ($10) may be paid at the door.

We ask that you rsvp if you plan on attending, so that we may accurately assist Fair Meadows in their preparations.  Your timely response will be greatly appreciated.  You may rsvp to this email address or by calling and leaving a message at 918-520-2742.  While you will not receive a call-back at this phone number, please be assured your response will be noted.

If you know any Hog fan that would like to be a member of the GTRC, and receive notifications of our events, please do not hesitate to have them contact me, or they may provide their contact information at tulsarazorbackclub.com, and a board member will contact them.

The GTRC has a page on Facebook . . . just search "Greater Tulsa Razorback Club".

Go Hogs!

McKdaddy