Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa Hog fans -- Petrino on Feb 16th

Started by McKdaddy, January 24, 2010, 10:55:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

January 24, 2010, 10:55:18 am Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:31:20 pm by McKdaddy
WHEN: TUESDAY, FEB. 16TH

WHERE: Fair Meadows at Expo Square, in the simulcast / grill building.  This is finally a facility that is economical and big enough for the Greater Tulsa Razorback Club to host events like this one.

WHEN:
6 pm -- socialize, meet CBP, get a picture, tell him about some undersized junior in Barnsdall you think is a beast, etc.
7 pm -- dinner to begin and CBP will speak.

Admission is $20 per person and meal included.  We are trying to make this as affordable an event as possible, given our current economic conditions.

Please rsvp to my work email "christopher.a.mckeown@ampf.com" or call my cell at 918-520-2742.

Intox, I'll be picking up CBP at the airport if you want to ride along w/ me.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

McKdaddy

intoxhog

M
Quote from: McKdaddy on January 24, 2010, 10:55:18 am

Intox, I'll be picking up CBP at the airport if you want to ride along w/ me.
Um let me think about that,,,,

Ok I thought about it. HELL YES!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

McKdaddy

Cool, I'll get details to you as we get closer to 2/16.

hydrophonic

Great event last night.  Petrino & McGee were awesome.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

McKdaddy

I liked the set-up provided by Fair Meadows . . . they took a lot off the GTRC board's normal to-do list for these events.  Today is the first time I've opened my email following an event and not had a complaint from a member, ha.

hydrophonic

That was the first time I had been to Fair Meadows.  It is likely that I will go back.  That has to be a great place to watch games.  Imagine a football Saturday or the opening weekend of the NCAAT on those 10 giant screens.  I bet it's awesome.

I hope it's a good place for Club meetings.  I had to look at their website to get directions.  Since I was already there, I figured I'd take a look at the menu.  The menu provided was the catering menu.  If y'all had to pay the prices that I saw, then about half of the cost of admission was just for the dinner.  And then I assume you had to rent the place too.  There couldn't have been much of my $20 left to put in the Club's coffers.  I guess you know a thing or two about making the numbers work though.  ;)

This was my first Club event in Tulsa.  I was really surprised at the turnout.  There were about 3x more people than I expected.

Y'all did a great job.  I'll be back.  I need to get on y'alls website and join the Club.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

McKdaddy

Quote from: hydrophonic on February 17, 2010, 09:39:26 am

I hope it's a good place for Club meetings.  I had to look at their website to get directions.  Since I was already there, I figured I'd take a look at the menu.  The menu provided was the catering menu.  If y'all had to pay the prices that I saw, then about half of the cost of admission was just for the dinner.  And then I assume you had to rent the place too.  There couldn't have been much of my $20 left to put in the Club's coffers.  I guess you know a thing or two about making the numbers work though.  ;)

This was my first Club event in Tulsa.  I was really surprised at the turnout.  There were about 3x more people than I expected.

Y'all did a great job.  I'll be back.  I need to get on y'alls website and join the Club.

Hydro, glad you could make it.  If you want to be on the club's "announcement list", then pm me your mailing address and an email address and I'll get you added.  Our next event won't be till the club's "football kick-off party" in late August, so you won't hear anything from us for a while.

Our other event is a "basketball tip-off party" in late-October/early November.  At both the f-ball and b-ball parties, we have 1-2 media members come speak to the club and raffle & auction off tickets for the respective sports.

We try to have 2 football watch parties each year.  In '09 they were at Indigo Joe's at 104th & Memorial, for the Alabama and Ole Miss games -- boy, those were some lousy games for a watch party.  However, I anticipate us using Fair Meadows in '10 for watch parties.

In better years we've had basketball watch parties, but none scheduled for this '09-'10 season.

Lastly, we like to have a "spring rally", when a head coach comes and speaks to us.  Usually we alternate b/t the head football coach and head basketball coach, depending on their schedules.  I would anticipate, but not guarantee, that the Razorback Foundation would like us to have Pelphrey speak to the club at our '11 spring rally (he also spoke to us in '09).

To your point about having a thin margin to work with on the $20 admission, you are correct.  That money goes pretty quick when you calculate the cost of food for everyone, plus the meals we comp for the UA's traveling party and the media (we comped 13 meals last night), and the cost for the video camera usage.  Where the money is raised for the Razorback Foundation is the live and silent auctions (of course, the club's "mandate" is to raise money for the Razorback Foundation). 

Glad you enjoyed it.

thehill1414

Great event last night, my whole party came away very impressed with both coaches, especially Mcgee. I love the fact that he believes he owns Tulsa in recruiting and is pushing it to OKC. OU and OSU keep pushing deeper and deeper into TX, they are going to wind up kicking themselves when they keep losing out on Oklahoma guys to us.

Once again, great event, thanks for posting it here.