Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greater Tulsa Razorback Club-Watch Party vs Alabama.

Started by intoxhog, March 14, 2008, 11:25:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

McKdaddy

intoxhog

I had a blast, for those who didn't come you missed a very fun event...
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

McKdaddy

September 09, 2008, 01:42:13 pm #54 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:50:00 pm by McKdaddy
WHEN:  Saturday, September 27th
TIME:  Kick-off is @ 2:30 pm.  Plan on arriving early as seating is first come-first serve.
WHERE:  Fox & Hound @ 71st & Garnett

Fox & Hound is providing their "Burgandy Room" (the billard room to the left when entering the restaurant) to the Greater Tulsa Razorback Club.  Fox & Hound's manager has told us there will be t-shirt giveaways and the $3 "Big Beer" special.
Please make plans to join fellow Tulsa-area Hog fans for good food and beverages, as we cheer Petrino's Hog to victory (?) over those arrogant "whorns."

Hope to see you there!

Other GTRC stuff:
•The Greater Tulsa Razorback Club was proud to sponsor the Burl's Kids for the WIU game on August 30th.
•You can catch Clay Henry, editor of Hawgs Illustrated Magazine, in Tulsa, on the Sports Animal--97.1 fm or 1550 am.  Clay joins Coach Pat Jones, Big Al Jerkins, and Tulsa World's Bill Haisten each Thursday during the noon hour.
•GTRC has a new website, tulsarazorbackclub.com.  Please check this website for future updates and events.
•Some of you Hogvillians might receive this announcement as an e-mail.  This e-mail only goes out to those Hog fans in the Tulsa area that provided an e-mail address to the club.  Please forward this watch party announcement to an interested Hog fan you may know that is not currently receiving it.

Go Hogs!

McKdaddy

intoxhog

Ill be there drinking the hard stuff. Its going to be the only way i can take the @$$ beating we are going to take. At least they have good food and stiff drinks. Im only half way kidding.

intoxhog

McKdaddy

pigsooiec5

hey guys, my buddy and I are going to be in Tulsa tomorrow, we are from Fayetteville.  We aren't members of the Razorback Club, can we still show up and watch the game here with the Razorback club?

McKdaddy

Quote from: pigsooiec5 on September 26, 2008, 10:04:42 pm
hey guys, my buddy and I are going to be in Tulsa tomorrow, we are from Fayetteville.  We aren't members of the Razorback Club, can we still show up and watch the game here with the Razorback club?
It was good to see you and your bud here in T-town for the watch party.  Sorry I didn't respond back to your post sooner as I haven't been on H'ville since Friday mid-day.  Hope you guys enjoyed the Tulsa/UCA game--were you cheering for Malzhan or UCA, or both?

yraciv

September 28, 2008, 03:37:18 pm #61 Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 03:45:19 pm by yraciv
nm

intoxhog

September 28, 2008, 06:33:04 pm #62 Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:34:40 pm by intoxhog
Sorry i missed it guys, I was/am sick as a dog. I will be there for the Auburn game though, provided its televised.

P.S.--- Who is staying in town for the Florida game? My brother and I are probably going out to watch the game at Fox and Hound.

McKdaddy

There was a t-sip (and 4 of his buddies) in the back of the room whose voice grew louder as the game progressed.  He was saying nothing at the beginning of the game.  Even when t.u. got us 10-0, he was relatively quiet.  From that point forward he gained strengh in his bravado.  At 24-3 he sang "texas fight" and would continue to do so every texas score and UA turnover.

I don't know about you, but when the UA is playing an inferior opponent, I'm loud at the get-go, but when the game starts to get out of hand I tend to "pull-back" as I don't want to be an arse during a blowout over an inferior opponent -- I still get burned over how much smack UF fans talked on the Marta leaving the Georgia Dome in '95 after wiping the floor w/ us.  When you are supposed to win big and are clearly the superior team, the time to be an arse is at the beginning of the game, not when the game is 45-3, etc.

I was so steamed that I refused to leave till that a-hole did.  By the time he left, only myself and an elderly couple remained amongst the Hog fans.  I would have stayed as long as it took, but there was no way I was letting that arse-hat drive me out.

intoxhog

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 29, 2008, 10:17:14 am
There was a t-sip (and 4 of his buddies) in the back of the room whose voice grew louder as the game progressed.  He was saying nothing at the beginning of the game.  Even when t.u. got us 10-0, he was relatively quiet.  From that point forward he gained strengh in his bravado.  At 24-3 he sang "texas fight" and would continue to do so every texas score and UA turnover.

I don't know about you, but when the UA is playing an inferior opponent, I'm loud at the get-go, but when the game starts to get out of hand I tend to "pull-back" as I don't want to be an arse during a blowout over an inferior opponent -- I still get burned over how much smack UF fans talked on the Marta leaving the Georgia Dome in '95 after wiping the floor w/ us.  When you are supposed to win big and are clearly the superior team, the time to be an arse is at the beginning of the game, not when the game is 45-3, etc.

I was so steamed that I refused to leave till that a-hole did.  By the time he left, only myself and an elderly couple remained amongst the Hog fans.  I would have stayed as long as it took, but there was no way I was letting that arse-hat drive me out.

That's why i don't I cheer for OU like they are the hogs when the put their annual beatdown on them in Dallas. Texas fans are classless!

intoxhog

October 15, 2008, 08:00:25 am #65 Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:14:30 am by intoxhog
Fox & Hound is providing their "Burgandy Room" (the billard room to the left when entering the restaurant) to the Greater Tulsa Razorback Club.

Fox and Hound Pub & Grille - Broken Arrow
Enhanced food menu!
7001 South Garnett Road
Broken Arrow, OK 74012

You should definitely make it in your plans to come join us.  This is not just a watch party; it is going to be a hell of an event!

The manager there is bending over backwards to have us there. Futhermore, WE WILL HAVE DEDICATED SOUND AND 90 % OF THE TV SPACE FOR THE GAME!!

3.00 BIG BEER SPECIALS!

HERE IS THE MENU!!

http://www.tentcorp.com/

McKdaddy

SherriM122

If you have GamePlan on Comcast, will the Kentucky game be on there this weekend?

intoxhog

November 07, 2008, 10:18:31 am #68 Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:40:05 pm by intoxhog

Game is going to be shown at Fox and Hound.

intoxhog

January 13, 2009, 01:35:22 pm #69 Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:38:22 pm by intoxhog
The Tulsa Razorback Club is having a watch party Jan 31 at Indigo Joe's.

Game time is at 4PM!

We switched up from Fox and Hound and will have our basketball watch party's there for the remainder of basketball season.

P.S. Congratulations to McKdaddy, He is a daddy of a 9 pounds and 9 ounces baby boy. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=275753.0

McKdaddy

I'll be there Intox.  Also I'll send out an e-mail announcement to all Tulsa-area Hogs on the 19th or 20th of January.

Baby and Mom are doing well, though sleep is scarce.  I had forgotten how little sleep you get w/ a newborn in the house.

akash

announcement to all Tulsa-area Hogs on the 19th or 20th of January.Baby and Mom are doing well, though sleep is scarce.  I had forgotten how little sleep you get w/ a newborn in the house.

intoxhog

intoxhog

It was a great time tonight!

Stay tuned for the Bama game announcement.

intoxhog

hydrophonic

"The future sucks." "Change it."

intoxhog

Quote from: hydrophonic on September 30, 2009, 10:11:24 am
Is there a watch party for A&M?
Not that I know of, and besides OU plays at the same time that day.

hydrophonic

Quote from: intoxhog on September 30, 2009, 04:42:06 pm
Not that I know of, and besides OU plays at the same time that day.

Oh no.  Hopefully I can find a place that will put the Hog game on 1 of their 35 TVs.

Anybody heard of the Ags getting together in Tulsa?

Blutoblutarsky

Ill be in Tulsa this weekend.  Where are the local hog fans gathering at???

hydrophonic

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on October 01, 2009, 08:26:10 pm
Ill be in Tulsa this weekend.  Where are the local hog fans gathering at???

Looks like most of them are hanging at home, so it might just be you and me.  I'm not that crazy about the Fox & Hound, but that might end up being the place.

Anywhere that you're partial to?

hydrophonic

I don't assume that any of you really care what I ended up doing, however this might be good to know for the future.

Early Saturday afternoon I had decided that I would just listen to the game on the radio instead of getting out and fighting the OU crowd.  Remember, they are the fans that pulled some guys sack out through his jeans a few years back.  But the pregame got me motivated to at least try to find something acceptable and THEN drop back and punt if I had to.

I remembered a little place at 81st & Sheridan called Wing Run.  I had been in there once or twice and I thought I remembered that they had at least 3 TVs.  And my memory was telling me that most of their business was take out.  So I though I would give them the first shot and then move on, probably to the Fox & Hound.

By the time I got in the car, Scott Inman was already saying that kickoff was less than an hour away.  I was afraid that I had waited too long and that all the prime real estate would be claimed.  The locals, after all, are fans of a team whose nickname has something to do with illegal, early land grabs.

But when I got to Wing Run, they were only around 30% of capacity.  I asked if it would be possible to put the Hog game on 1 of their 6 TVs and was told that it wouldn't be a problem.  So I started a tab by ordering some wings and an ice cold beverage.

The crowd of Sooner fans never showed up.  Wing Run was VERY busy, but almost all of their orders were take out.  Of the few other dine-in customers, none of them were wearing any team-gear.  I was the only person that was there to watch football.  For MOST of the night, the Hog game was on 2 TVs and the OU game was on 1.  The staff was SUPER friendly, the food was very good, and the prices were very reasonable.

For what I wanted, I felt like I hit a homerun.  Not only will this be the place where I watch Razorback road games, but I will probably be looking for an excuse to watch some other games there from time to time.