Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greater Tulsa Razorback Club-Watch Party vs Alabama.

Started by intoxhog, March 14, 2008, 11:25:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

intoxhog

March 14, 2008, 11:25:25 am Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:09:36 pm by intoxhog
WHEN:  Saturday September 26th
TIME: 2:30 p.m.(tentative)

WHERE:  Indigo Joe's Sports Pub and Restaurant

Address:10438 S 86th E Ave (105th & Memorial) Regal Plaza
Tulsa, OK 74133
(918) 369-5637

I have merged all of our threads to help make up coming announcements easier.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

McKdaddy

March 15, 2008, 05:18:08 pm #1 Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:53:29 am by intoxhog
WHEN:  Tuesday, September 8th
TIME:  6 pm, socialize & dine; 7 pm, guest speakers Chuck Barrett & Clay Henry
WHERE:  Joe Mamma's @ 112 S. Elgin Avenue in downtown Tulsa
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hydrophonic

March 15, 2008, 07:25:25 pm #2 Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:02:15 am by hydrophonic
South Tulsa

Little Rocker in South Tulsa.

Edit: That's better.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

intoxhog

March 15, 2008, 07:45:05 pm #3 Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:46:39 pm by intoxhog
Quote from: hydrophonic on March 15, 2008, 07:25:25 pm
South Tulsa

hey im not going to live that far from you, My new place is at 91st and Riverside.

btw go add me the new myspace i made yesterday. Also when i get settled in we should go grab some beers.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

intoxhog

March 15, 2008, 07:52:51 pm #4 Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:39:00 pm by intoxhog
Quote from: McKdaddy on March 15, 2008, 05:18:08 pm
I'm a tulsa Hog circa 2002--always glad to meet another.  My email is on my profile, if needed.  I'm one of the board members (loosely, lol) for the Greater Tulsa Razorback Club.
We usually have 3 club-wide meetings per year.  One kicks off the football season and usually occurs in early August.  Another is usually in early November to signal basketball starting.  Lastly, we usually have a spring banquet (May 8th this year, but not set in stone yet).  Our speaker for the spring banquet will be Pel.  Give me a shout some time, we'd love to get more Hogs involved.

Chris

Chris its good to meet you. Is Steven Surles still involved with the Tulsa Razorback club? Steven and i went to Fayettevile High together  back in the day and ive been meaning to get ahold of him about this once i get into town. If i remember correctly he was the chapter president at one point.

http://www.tulsarazorback.org/

hydrophonic

Quote from: intoxhog on March 15, 2008, 07:45:05 pm
hey im not going to live that far from you, My new place is at 91st and Riverside.

btw go add me the new myspace i made yesterday. Also when i get settled in we should go grab some beers.

That Indigo Joe's might be our spot down south.  Really, it might be the ONLY spot south of 71st.

But I only have a 1.5 mile drive to Indigo Joe's, so...  yea, that might be the spot. ;)

intoxhog

March 17, 2008, 07:38:24 pm #6 Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:51:05 pm by intoxhog
Quote from: hydrophonic on March 17, 2008, 10:00:20 am
That Indigo Joe's might be our spot down south.  Really, it might be the ONLY spot south of 71st.

But I only have a 1.5 mile drive to Indigo Joe's, so...  yea, that might be the spot. ;)

Have you been to SoCo's yet? they have killier drink specials.  They are on 81st and Harvard, they have freaking huge big screens. Indigo Joe's looked nice as well though, dosen't really matter to me were we all meet up just so we can get cheap drinks and call the hogs.   

McKdaddy

Quote from: intoxhog on March 15, 2008, 07:52:51 pm
Chris its good to meet you. Is Steven Surles still involved with the Tulsa Razorback club? Steven and i went to Fayettevile High together  back in the day and ive been meaning to get ahold of him about this once i get into town. If i remember correctly he was the chapter president at one point.

http://www.tulsarazorback.org/
Steven stepped aside as prez a little over a year ago.  Brett Bingham is the prez now and I can give you his cell if you want.
Has our gametime been released yet?  I could meet at Joe's if it is a day game.  I live 0.5 miles from Joe's so, yeah, good spot.

hydrophonic

Do we want to get together for the first round game?

Smolder

Ok I am in as well. Little Rocker in South Tulsa as well.

intoxhog

March 20, 2008, 11:31:18 am #10 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:36:52 am by intoxhog
Quote from: hydrophonic on March 20, 2008, 09:22:09 am
Do we want to get together for the first round game?
I will still be in Fayetteville for another month but i hope you guys get something going for the NCAA games.

Yo, Jake check out this link. The reason why i like this bar so much is because its a neighborhood bar rather than a chain. Neighborhood bars = crazy cheap drink specials. Example: $7 bucket of beer.

http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A20261

hydrophonic

Quote from: intoxhog on March 20, 2008, 11:31:18 am
Yo, Jake check out this link.

I've heard good things about SoCo's before.  It's probably only half a mile farther than Indigo Joe's, so it's a wash on that front.  I'm really down for whatever on the bars.

intoxhog

March 23, 2008, 04:05:47 am #12 Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 04:31:28 am by intoxhog
Are you guys going to get anything together for the UNC game tonight? I say everyone should meet at Indigo Joe's tonight. Again I would be there but i haven't even made the move yet.

intoxhog

Who is going to be at the ORU vs hogs baseball game in Tulsa on April 15th?

Oklahawg

We'll have a hogville Tulsa luncheon in late May or early June. We'll try to find a day that folks can break away from work and hang out for a bit.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hydrophonic

Quote from: intoxhog on March 24, 2008, 06:52:09 pm
Who is going to be at the ORU vs hogs baseball game in Tulsa on April 15th?

I could get down with that.

I'd also be interested in going to some AF2 or AA baseball games.  It might be fun to show up at a Drillers game to root for the Travs or Naturals, or show up at a 69ers game and pull for the RimJobbers.  Maybe call the Hogs too.

intoxhog

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 25, 2008, 09:08:46 am
I could get down with that.

I'd also be interested in going to some AF2 or AA baseball games.  It might be fun to show up at a Drillers game to root for the Travs or Naturals, or show up at a 69ers game and pull for the RimJobbers.  Maybe call the Hogs too.

Im down! expically when the Naturals or Travs are in town. I just got to wait until the end of May.

hydrophonic

Oh, hell yea intox.  Baseball in June.  We're going to sweat the beer out as fast as we drink it.  It'll be GREAT!

intoxhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 24, 2008, 11:18:16 pm
We'll have a hogville Tulsa luncheon in late May or early June. We'll try to find a day that folks can break away from work and hang out for a bit.
Oklahwag that is great to hear!

hydrophonic

Maybe I'll take that day off so I can be "the drunk one."

That would be fun, right? ;)

Smolder

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 27, 2008, 09:05:29 am
Maybe I'll take that day off so I can be "the drunk one."

That would be fun, right? ;)

No babysitting. Unless its for me.

hydrophonic

Heh.  I'm a pretty good drunk and rarely need a sitter.   ;)

Though, there is that pesky drive home...   :-\

:razorback:

I picked up a Drillers schedule.

The Travs are in Tulsa:
4/21-24
5/7-10  -  Fireworks on Sat the 10th
7/25-28  -  Fireworks on Sat the 26th
8/19-22

Naturals are in Tulsa:
5/12-15
6/8-11
7/29-31
8/23-25  -  Fireworks on Sat the 23rd

intoxhog

Quote8/23-25  -  Fireworks on Sat the 23rd

Im there!! 

PigPusher

April 07, 2008, 10:08:24 am #23 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:11:37 pm by PigPusher
South Tulsa transplant from Springdale and Fayetteville. Grad of the School of Architecture at Fayetteville.  Look forward to meeting all of you guys and girls. Have any of y'all watched games at Louie's at 101th and Sheridan. Great food.

Jack

Or more directly---PRESENT!!
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Smolder

April 11, 2008, 02:59:23 pm #24 Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:01:08 pm by Pillsbury
Quote from: hydrophonic on April 02, 2008, 01:50:03 pm
Heh.  I'm a pretty good drunk and rarely need a sitter.   ;)

Though, there is that pesky drive home...   :-\

:razorback:

I picked up a Drillers schedule.

The Travs are in Tulsa:
4/21-24
5/7-10  -  Fireworks on Sat the 10th
7/25-28  -  Fireworks on Sat the 26th
8/19-22

Naturals are in Tulsa:
5/12-15
6/8-11
7/29-31
8/23-25  -  Fireworks on Sat the 23rd

I cant wait for Thirsty Thursdays. First round is on intoxhog!!!

McKdaddy

Pelphrey will speak at our spring banquet at the Embassy Suites in T-town on Thursday, May 8th.  Social / meet Pel at 6 pm.  Dinner / speakers at 7 pm.

Will be lightly advertised in Tulsa World and on the buzz and the animal.
Those that are foundation contributors AND on your donation form check off the box for the Tulsa area Razorback club to be your "home" club are in our database and will receive announcements/invites in the mail (just as soon as we can get our database person to get off their arse--we wanted the announcements out a week ago).

intoxhog

Quote from: McKdaddy on April 12, 2008, 06:48:26 pm
Pelphrey will speak at our spring banquet at the Embassy Suites in T-town on Thursday, May 8th.  Social / meet Pel at 6 pm.  Dinner / speakers at 7 pm.

Will be lightly advertised in Tulsa World and on the buzz and the animal.
Those that are foundation contributors AND on your donation form check off the box for the Tulsa area Razorback club to be your "home" club are in our database and will receive announcements/invites in the mail (just as soon as we can get our database person to get off their arse--we wanted the announcements out a week ago).
THANKS!!!

hydrophonic

Awesome news McKdaddy.

I need to re-join the Razorback Club.  I haven't been a member in 7 or 8 years.

McKdaddy

Anyone not a current member want me to mail out the newletter / invite to you?  If so PM me and I'll do so.
The cost is $35 per person and $10 for kids under 12.  You can pay at the door, of course the club would love for advance payments so we aren't sweating the attendance as it approaches, lol.  Sorta, lol.
Anyway, the newsletter has the pre-payment, "I'm coming" thing to mail in.

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

BubbaHog4

McKdaddy

Any Tulsa Hog fans know that the Sports Fan-Attic at The Farm has a sports bar/grill?  Found that out today going there to try to get them to donate some raffle items for the GREATER TULSA RAZORBACK SPRING BANQUET FEATURING JOHN PELPHREY (AND GARRICK MCGEE, WE ARE LED TO BELIEVE) ON THURSDAY, MAY 8TH, AT THE EMBASSY SUITES AT 6 PM.

Anyway their bar/grill seemed clean (of course it just opened around the time of the '08 Super Bowl) and had plenty of large plasmas for the size room (not too large or too small, perhaps cozy?).

I've heard people mention SoCo's but have never been there.  I usually go to Indigo Joe's given how close it is to my neighborhood.  Just thought I'd mention the Fan-Attic's place in case any of you, like me, are always open to new sports bars.

BA Hogwild

Live in Broken Arrow. Buffalo Wild wings is loaded with Tvs.
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

McKdaddy

April 24, 2008, 11:43:17 am #33 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:45:25 am by McKdaddy
Big fan of BW3--wish south t-town had one.  I get to the BA one about once per month.

workahoglic

and was wandering if there is a Razorback Club here? Or an alumni club? :razorback:

Boarcephus

Can't help you with that but have they reopened Casa Bonita (Casa Viva) at 21st and Sheridan?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: workahoglic on May 01, 2008, 06:32:57 pm
and was wandering if there is a Razorback Club here? Or an alumni club? :razorback:

Yes there is, but I can't tell you who to contact about it. I am sure the SID or AD's office can or probably one of the Mod's.
Go Hogs Go!

workahoglic

Yes they have, I don't think it's as good as the one in Little Rock, but it's cheap and has a lot of food!

hogansas

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 01, 2008, 06:35:51 pm
Can't help you with that but have they reopened Casa Bonita (Casa Viva) at 21st and Sheridan?

Oh crap!  Is that the same Casa Bonita chain in Little Rock that had the little dude going back and forth on the tightrope?  Maybe it was in Pine Bluff.  I was little.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

Boarcephus

It was in LR but closed down as Casa Bonita and reopened as Casa Viva.

Workahoglic, it is open again?  We were there a couple months ago and it looked closed.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

intoxhog

Quote from: workahoglic on May 01, 2008, 06:32:57 pm

I'm in the middle of a move right now back to Tulsa (Jun 15th) but im in contact with the Razorback alumni club president along with several people of Hogville. Rest easy, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME KILLA WATCH PARTY'S COME SEPTEMBER! I just have to get settled in first. My goal is to have a test run for the Tulsa hog fans for a get together for the MLB all star game.

McKdaddy

Greater Tulsa Razorback Club spring banquet this coming Thursday, May 8th, at 6pm at the Embassy Suites.  Coach Pel will be the feature speaker.  Garrick McGee will be there as well and will speak a little.  Dinner begins at 7, but get there at 6 to meet Pel.  Cost is $35 per person and $10 for kids under 12.
We also have a b-ball tip-off party in late October each year and a f-ball kick-off party in late August each year.  Both events are free and the speakers are usually Hogs Illustrated writers.  At each of these 2 events we auction and raffle tix for both sports.
We'd like to do a better job of having watch parties for "away" games during f-ball season.  I'm in charge of "rebuilding" our Tulsa Club member database (we have names, addresses for newsletters, but few e-mail addresses) and once completed we'll have watch party announcements MUCH BETTER than in the past.  When I've been to watch parties in the past, rarely would more than 12-15 fans be there, and far more common for there to only be 5-6 of us.
I was jealous this past season when LSU fans filled the patio of Indigo Joe's the last 1/2 of the season.  I didn't realize they had such an active club.  The mgr of Joe's told me that the LSU club has already provided Joe's a schedule of LSU games w/ dates circled that they'd like to fill up the patio.
IntoxHog, things will get better.

Smolder

Is Indigo Joe's nice? I usually go to the Fox and Hound for games.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Pillsbury on May 05, 2008, 02:38:17 pm
Is Indigo Joe's nice? I usually go to the Fox and Hound for games.
Joe's is okay.  I think Fox is nicer, but Joe's is only a 1/2 mile from my home so I tend to gravitate there.

intoxhog

Hey guys check the now poll out about Tulsa Razorback watch parties in this forum.

intoxhog

Hey guys check the now poll out about Tulsa Razorback watch parties in this forum.

byvark

In Tulsa....lifelong Razorback fan...grew up 60 miles NW of Fayetteville....live off 31st between Memorial and Mingo.
I bleed Razorback Red...how about you?  If you are not PASSIONATE about being a HOG fan, what's the deal?

McKdaddy

Quote from: byvark on June 15, 2008, 11:14:19 am
In Tulsa....lifelong Razorback fan...grew up 60 miles NW of Fayetteville....live off 31st between Memorial and Mingo.
Byvark, if you want to be notified of events involving the Greater Tulsa Razorback Club (GTRC), let me know and I'll add you to our database.  You can PM me your name, address, preferred #, and e-mail address.
Your e-mail address and Intoxhog will be invaluable in getting you involved in GRTC events w/ other Hogs.

McKdaddy

July 29, 2008, 05:52:06 pm #48 Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:38:16 am by McKdaddy
WHEN:  Tuesday, August 19th
TIME:  6 pm, socialize & dine; 7 pm, guest speakers Chuck Barrett & Clay Henry (sorry, but we can only get coaches to come for meetings in late-spring/early-summer).
WHERE:  Cowboy Sharkie's @ 58th & Memorial

As usual, the raffle and silent auction will consist of Fayetteville football tickets, as well as some Razorback gear and autographed items.

Our Greater Tulsa Razorback Club newsletter will go out later this week, providing the same info as here, in addition to an announcement for our watch party against the t-sips on Sept. 13th, at Fox & Hound (this announcement is also in this forum, thanks to intoxhog).

If you'd like to receive our newsletter / e-mail announcements and don't believe you are in the GTRC's member database, then feel free send me a PM.

Go Hogs!

Chris McKeown

intoxhog

Great to hear, ill be there as long as im not working that night.

P. S. Can you link the Tulsa Razorback Club site?