Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Korliss Marshall not returning........

Started by hogz11, December 16, 2014, 10:15:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Was given every opportunity to succeed here.

Hope he gets his life turned around.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RedRock

So many people adversely change the course of their lives by making bad decisions.  The young man needs prayers.

Hawgndaaz

nobody's fault but his. had all the tools needed to succeed at the college level and couldn't act like a responsible adult.

it's very hard for me to have any sympathy.

code red

I was under the impression, from the post game presser after OM, that this was a forgone conclusion???
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LRHawg

Shame. We could have really used a third back with his skill set. Hope he gets his life turned around.

JayBell

He was "suspended" about, what, five or six different times in less than a year and a half?  Disappointing.

DeltaBoy

Prayers for a young man who needs some guidance.  Now go to OBU and help them win a championship.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRHawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 16, 2014, 10:32:36 am
Prayers for a young man who needs some guidance.  Now go to OBU and help them win a championship.

Not a bad place to land. Look what it did for Mr. Frazier.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 16, 2014, 10:25:03 am
nobody's fault but his. had all the tools needed to succeed at the college level and couldn't act like a responsible adult.

it's very hard for me to have any sympathy.

So I am assuming you know exactly what he did to get suspended?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Cresthog

Had the most pure ability of any of our backs.

Big time shame to lose him.

younghog

Tough Love for a HOG

I wish him the best.

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Jamie Jones

KM was first given the opportunity to play for the school that so many youngsters DREAM about playing for, by CBB out of high school. Had CBB not been the coach, Korliss would probably never had had that initial shot. The second chances that CBB gives these young men is admirable, but this failed attempt to make a childhood dream come true has to have a particularly strong sting for CBB. He took a chance on the physical potential of Marshall that the previous coaching staff passed on. He also took a chance on a young man, in letting him earn his spot back on the team, when it could have affected the rest, or at least part of, the team. I admire Bret for his willingness to set standards and then be unbreakable in enforcing them. I commend him for going to the ends of those standards to not throw away a young person's life because of bad decisions. We have had some coaches that would cast their players under the bus to save their own reputations. We have had some that would look the other way, in the name of winning. We also had some that set high standards for the players and staff, only to not live up to those standards themselves. Coach Bret Bielema, to this point, has shown himself to be all business, all class, and all about the betterment of Razorback football. We are fortunate that he is here. His players are fortunate that they get the chance to learn, every day, how to win in life and on the field. Whether they stay on our field, or have to find another field, I have a feeling that they will have learned enough from Bret to make the most of their futures. Any failures beyond Bret's example, are beyond his control. Proud to be a HOG!
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

VBMark

Ouachita might be good, might be bad. Overall, it is probably good to go that far away from home. If he were to go to Memphis, I would be worried for him.

La Tech would be a good fit for him as well, I think.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cresthog on December 16, 2014, 10:35:22 am
Had the most pure ability of any of our backs.

Big time shame to lose him.

He certainly has speed.  I have never been as high on him as a RB as everyone else.  He lacks vision and patience, at least at this point in his career.  Those deficiencies basically nullified his speed 90% of the time because he'd run into his blockers backs or run right into where the hole was supposed to be, rather than finding where the hole really was.

jkstock04

Was there any doubt in this? Old news as far as I'm concerned. Still yet it is quite the shame to see such a great player slip through the cracks...we have seen it before and will likely see it again. The chances that he makes the most of his potential now are slim to none.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jek Tono Porkins

"Bielema said that his conversation with Marshall was disappointing for the both of them.

"I know we both shed a tear when it happened," he said. "But the biggest thing is he needs to learn from it and move forward."

Damn, that's tough.

However, running a clean and disciplined program will pay off in the long run.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 16, 2014, 10:49:58 am
He certainly has speed.  I have never been as high on him as a RB as everyone else.  He lacks vision and patience, at least at this point in his career.  Those deficiencies basically nullified his speed 90% of the time because he'd run into his blockers backs or run right into where the hole was supposed to be, rather than finding where the hole really was.

He basically had a game and a half worth of carries in his whole career. He was never allowed to work in space on screens or quick passes. He was the only true speed left on the offense.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Cresthog

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 16, 2014, 10:49:58 am

Hard to judge on 5 carries a game.

We need speed on this team BAD. Collins and Williams just don't have the next gear in the SEC.

Hawgzinbowlz

Good luck Korliss.

It's also unfortunate for the rest of the team, who would have received a benefit from KMs skillset.

Let's get ready for Houston.

" GO HOGS "

code red

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on December 16, 2014, 10:35:21 am
So I am assuming you know exactly what he did to get suspended?
Only rumors but yeah I think most here have a pretty good idea....at this point.  Since he is gone.  Should we attempt go any further??  Mods??
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cresthog on December 16, 2014, 11:00:13 am

We need speed on this team BAD. Collins and Williams just don't have the next gear in the SEC.

Also hard to give a guy carries when he runs into the backs of blockers, hits holes that aren't there with consistency, and fumbles way too much.

Cresthog

Quote from: code red on December 16, 2014, 11:11:06 am
Only rumors but yeah I think most here have a pretty good idea....at this point.  Since he is gone.  Should we attempt go any further??  Mods??

Apparently he's NFL ready if you catch my drift.

Cresthog

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 16, 2014, 11:14:42 am
Also hard to give a guy carries when he runs into the backs of blockers, hits holes that aren't there with consistency, and fumbles way too much.

True dat. But our o-line isn't that great and a I never judge a young guy that isn't getting many reps.

Based on what ive heard, dude has tons of baggage off the field. We'll find another.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cresthog on December 16, 2014, 11:00:13 am

They have enough speed to score.  Our offense is not predicated on hitting homeruns.  In fact, it can sometimes hurt a team like we have because we like to play ball control and keep these high powered offenses off of the field for as long as possible, to limit their possessions.  If Bielema had his way, we'd never have a drive under 10 plays, we'd average 5+ yards per carry, we'd only throw when we had to, and we'd convert 3rd and shorts at a great clip.

code red

code red

Quote from: Cresthog on December 16, 2014, 11:16:24 am
Apparently he's NFL ready if you catch my drift.
While walking into to the stadium I heard Chuck say he was suspended again.  Kinda telling what went on when that statement was made so close to kickoff.  CBB truly gave him every opportunity.

Cresthog

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 16, 2014, 11:17:21 am
They have enough speed to score.  Our offense is not predicated on hitting homeruns.  In fact, it can sometimes hurt a team like we have because we like to play ball control and keep these high powered offenses off of the field for as long as possible, to limit their possessions.  If Bielema had his way, we'd never have a drive under 10 plays, we'd average 5+ yards per carry, we'd only throw when we had to, and we'd convert 3rd and shorts at a great clip.

Agreed, but always good to get points off special teams etc with a guy like that.

I like having a big time in state guy, feels like its been ages since we've had that.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.