Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Columbia should hire Houston Nutt

Started by pignparadise, December 05, 2014, 02:13:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm going to be pissed if Nutt does not get an HC gig this go around.  The man can flat out coach.  His record blows Mike Riley's away.  Riley had 6 losing seasons out of 14 Nutt had 4 in the much harder SEC.  Riley's overall record 13 games above .500.  For Nutt's 14 year period in the SEC he is 25 games above .500.  He has recruiting ties everywhere from Texas to Mississippi, he has turned around not 1 but 2 SEC programs.  He sends guys to the NFL.  They say Nutt should have won more with Hillis, Felix, Dmac.  Well Mike Riley had freaking Sean Mannion and still couldn't get to a bowl game this year.  So let's all make our little jokes about where Nutt should coach and look past the fact that a very good coach from Arkansas is being ignored.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bofadeeznutts

I think Nutt would be a perfect fit for UAB.  They would do well with him and he could love that helmet day in and day out.

clew

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2014, 02:45:39 pm
I'm going to be pissed if Nutt does not get an HC gig this go around.  The man can flat out coach.  His record blows Mike Riley's away.  Riley had 6 losing seasons out of 14 Nutt had 4 in the much harder SEC.  Riley's overall record 13 games above .500.  For Nutt's 14 year period in the SEC he is 25 games above .500.  He has recruiting ties everywhere from Texas to Mississippi, he has turned around not 1 but 2 SEC programs.  He sends guys to the NFL.  They say Nutt should have won more with Hillis, Felix, Dmac.  Well Mike Riley had freaking Sean Mannion and still couldn't get to a bowl game this year.  So let's all make our little jokes about where Nutt should coach and look past the fact that a very good coach from Arkansas is being ignored.
It's that whole divisive thing he's got going topped with a bit of kooky instead of badassedness (a la Petrino).
Pure as the dawn

razorbackkid

Their AD should bend over and let Hootie take a few snaps from him. 
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Inhogswetrust

What store in Colorado did you buy from........................Did you happen to check nuttys SEC record for ten years. It was up and down like a yoyo.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

pignparadise

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute link=  So let's all make our little jokes about where Nutt should coach and look past the fact that a very good coach from Arkansas is being ignored.
/quote] I wasn't joking I think he could succeed following a negative hated coach.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

wachhog

And, I'll be po'd if he ever coaches at ANY college again.

yraciv

3 reasons off top of my head
why this can't happen.
1. No sonic in nyc.
2. Houston Nutt could never live in NYC.
3.  That whole Ivy League not having football scholarships would confuse the hell out of hin.

pignparadise

Quote from: yraciv on December 05, 2014, 04:21:02 pm
3 reasons off top of my head
why this can't happen.
1. No sonic in nyc.
2. Houston Nutt could never live in NYC.
3.  That whole Ivy League not having football scholarships would confuse the hell out of hin.
oh yes he could give out unlimited academic scholarships and still be within the rules

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pignparadise on December 05, 2014, 02:13:20 pm
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/report-columbia-players-accuse-coach-abusive-behavior-article-1.2034827

Houston's rah rah pickup basketball Sonic style would probably be good after this guy.
Major roadblock for this particular hire would be the lack of reasonable real estate in the NYC area for Sonics. Let's face it: The Big Apple isn't exactly running over with primo locations what would be suitable for the drive-ins that the Hooter needs for his recruits and players.

secfan30

I'm not sure if this is serious?

Vantage 8 dude

Just curious as to why you should take umbrage at the Hooter possibly not being hired as a HC this time around? I mean I can respect your opinion as far as his coaching abilities, although I honestly have to disagree, however, the fact that you'd get so stirred up makes me think you're actually bucking to be his new agent or a member of his family. Otherwise why would you really care all that much? Not like the guy is in a bread line or unemployed and starving. BTW many of the jokes that many direct toward ole Dale were of his own making. For instance, I can't think of too many other HC's who've come up with such nonsense such as "loving the helmet".

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 05, 2014, 05:24:30 pm
Just curious as to why you should take umbrage at the Hooter possibly not being hired as a HC this time around? I mean I can respect your opinion as far as his coaching abilities, although I honestly have to disagree, however, the fact that you'd get so stirred up makes me think you're actually bucking to be his new agent or a member of his family. Otherwise why would you really care all that much? Not like the guy is in a bread line or unemployed and starving. BTW many of the jokes that many direct toward ole Dale were of his own making. For instance, I can't think of too many other HC's who've come up with such nonsense such as "loving the helmet".

...we got the very best and very worst from hooty, imho, his day has ended....he robed the UofA basically of $4million so, no one I would be
friends with likes his mjo......his offense was a wiz-bang of run-pass but he slowly withdrew into a shell with running only after Steorner

But, what did him in was an obvious hate-hire of Malzan and his distain and outward humiliation of Malzahn and his players...

Malzahn didn't seem to bat an eye, he knew where he was going, but Moostains mom got so pissed, she got Hootie
and Broyles run off......

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Just imagine Hooter giving one of those Ivy League media Heads an interview.  Two people who couldn't understand each other and I use people loosely when including Hooter.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 05, 2014, 05:32:07 pm
snip...we got the very best and very worst from hooty...

Probably the best, and most succinct (for you Bukey fans) statement I have seen here regarding HDN. Maybe that is why we still talk about him...eh?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

yraciv

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 05, 2014, 05:17:29 pm
Major roadblock for this particular hire would be the lack of reasonable real estate in the NYC area for Sonics. Let's face it: The Big Apple isn't exactly running over with primo locations what would be suitable for the drive-ins that the Hooter needs for his recruits and players.

I don't think there are many Catfish Holes either.  I don't think taking them to Emeril Lagasse's place would have the same flare.

ballz2thewall

you fellows are overdoing it a bit on both sides of the ball.  love the passion, though.
The rest of the frog.

Jek Tono Porkins

Honestly, Hootie would make a good offensive coordinator. If there was a head coach to give him direction and tell him what he can and can't do, he could probably call a good game.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

root_hawg

UAB or I got a pee wee team needing a coach!

Hoggish1

You can't be fired from two high profile jobs and expect to be hired again...

snoblind

Really, really need a sarcasm button around this place.

HogBreath

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on December 05, 2014, 06:13:33 pm
Honestly, Hootie would make a good offensive coordinator. If there was a head coach to give him direction and tell him what he can and can't do, he could probably call a good game.
He makes lots of good play calls!  Or used to.  Before he got himself fired.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

secfan30

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on December 05, 2014, 06:13:33 pm

The Dallas Cowboys wouldn't even hire him as a RB coach because of his lack of x/o knowledge

HogPsych

secfan30

Quote from: HogBreath on December 05, 2014, 07:45:09 pm
He makes lots of good play calls!  Or used to.  Before he got himself fired.

He did call that one play that one time. Just ask Chuck

ronmahony

This is a joke right? Didn't Hootie get beat out for the UNLV job by a high school coach? Or was it junior high?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

root_hawg

Hootie is done; talk show visitor now

redeye

I hope you're not serious?

For the record, I think you're jesting, because most of what you wrote is wrong.

TeufelHog

HDN . . . TCTWF was never a good -or a great- coach.  USED.CAR.SALESMAN.
He may have had some good coaches/coordinators working for him at times, but the "Nuttster" was never great.  Go back and watch/listen to some of his interviews.  Amazing how there was never anything of substance, just random strung together "coach speak" interspersed with motivational phrases.  Left dumpster fires at Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Dark Helmet Hog

Springdale High School head football coach position is currently open. I wonder if Nutt is interested? Bet they wouldn't hire him either... but that would be classic.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 05, 2014, 07:27:16 pm
You can't be fired from two high profile jobs and expect to be hired again...

At least on that level or by an AD with a brain.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hog911

Yeah, it only took this state ten years to figure out he was a bad coach! Most of the nut lovers are still on this vary site. Hmmmm

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hog911 on December 06, 2014, 08:18:43 am
Yeah, it only took this state ten years to figure out he was a bad coach! Most of the nut lovers are still on this vary site. Hmmmm

It took a lot less than that for most. The problem was convincing one or two that had power to make a change.

TeufelHog

Quote from: hog911 on December 06, 2014, 08:18:43 am

Two words for you . . . Frank Broyles.

secfan30

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 06, 2014, 08:35:25 am
It took a lot less than that for most. The problem was convincing one or two that had power to make a change.

They enjoyed the access to the program too much to see the damage that was being done.

idochog

Hooter not going anywhere that's not willing to pay him large after they figure they need to fire him.

Probably his agents first question
I love Jesus!

tweakmyhamstrings

this Columbia has not a damn thing todo with Houston

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pignparadise on December 05, 2014, 02:13:20 pm
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/report-columbia-players-accuse-coach-abusive-behavior-article-1.2034827

Houston's rah rah pickup basketball Sonic style would probably be good after this guy.
Frankly I think he'd be a great HC hire for Columbia Sportswear. They've always been known for fielding a great team.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

26.2Hog

I'm going to be pissed if Nutt does not get an HC gig this go around.  The man can flat out coach lie, deceive, hoodwink, trick, dupe, double-cross, fleece, and swindle.

Fixed that for ya.