Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hearing HDN to either Tulsa or Missouri State

Started by Rzrbk63, December 02, 2014, 02:25:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbk63

Will be interesting to see if Hootie gets a job with all these new vacancies. 

Boston RedHogs

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

aar0n

I actually think he'd be a good fit at a smaller program, most likely Tulsa.  He has decent recruiting ties in the area, and would give them a scattering of decent seasons enough to keep the job and the fans happy.  He's not the best at game planning, but he can get his players emotionally amped up to play.  I'm fine with whatever keeps the man away from the UofA, in any shape or form. 

ricepig

Quote from: Rzrbk63 on December 02, 2014, 02:25:27 pm
Will be interesting to see if Hootie gets a job with all these new vacancies. 

What about Michigan, Florida, or UNLV, those are some helmets to love.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Rzrbk63

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 02, 2014, 02:28:47 pm
hdn could do well at a school like tulsa.

I agree.  It would be interesting to see if he would try to put his old staff back together or if he would start fresh.  I know that Markuson and Danny Nutt are both on Kim Dameron's staff at Eastern Illinois, and that James Shibest and Chris Vaughn are both at Memphis.  Don Decker is working at New Mexico State. 

Rzrbk63

Quote from: BR on December 02, 2014, 02:34:14 pm
Who are you hearing this from??

I first saw the info about Tulsa on Coaching Search.  I then contacted a friend of mine who is very close to HDN and he told me that Missouri State is also in play. 

Hoggie17

Quote from: Rzrbk63 on December 02, 2014, 02:41:00 pm
I first saw the info about Tulsa on Coaching Search.  I then contacted a friend of mine who is very close to HDN and he told me that Missouri State is also in play.
If you are HDN this is a golden time to get back into coaching. If he doesn't get a job this year he might as well quit trying.

SPAL

Atlhogfan1

He should never be allowed to work with college students again. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BRHogfan

I think HDN would be really smart to get a small school bowling and just make his school a place for young position coaches to go be coordinators to get their jumps to bigger programs.  He could make $1,000,000 a year and sit pretty and have a small fansbase of about 500,000 wear those dumb golf hats.

rickm1976

Quote from: ricepig on December 02, 2014, 02:33:55 pm
What about Michigan, Florida, or UNLV, those are some helmets to love.

I'm hoping Miles to Michigan and Nutt to LSU.  The corndogs would be getting rid of an idiot and gaining a moron.

Mike Irwin

If he goes back to his original roots, which is to throw the ball all over the yard, he could be successful at that level. I always thought it was odd that he had such an aversion to Malzahn's offensive philosophy when he ran a wide open spread himself at Murray State and Boise State.

However his biggest problem as a head coach has been the way he plays politics with his players. Just coach the team. Put the best kid on the field at every position. If you're going to claim you're in the "people heppin" business then don't talk about it. Do it.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Rzrbk63 on December 02, 2014, 02:39:41 pm
I agree.  It would be interesting to see if he would try to put his old staff back together or if he would start fresh.  I know that Markuson and Danny Nutt are both on Kim Dameron's staff at Eastern Illinois, and that James Shibest and Chris Vaughn are both at Memphis.  Don Decker is working at New Mexico State.

Funny how they filtered down to their levels of competence.  Assistants are at nothing schools and Nutt is unemployed.

Lew

Quote from: Rzrbk63 on December 02, 2014, 02:41:00 pm

I'm actually in Springfield and they're trying to gather funds to pay the next coach in the $200,000 range.  I'd be shocked if he dropped his price that much, but then again, who in the heck knows?

Professor Psychosis

Time to schedule Tulsa a few times if so.  We owe him more buttkickings.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 02, 2014, 02:28:47 pm
hdn could do well at a school like tulsa.

Tulsa junior high maybe.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Steef

MiHogsMi

I'm a Tulsa graduate.  If that S.O.B Nutt winds up there I'm ripping up my diploma.   :puke:
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

BRHogfan

December 02, 2014, 03:23:35 pm #21 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:35:17 pm by BRHogfan
Quote from: Professor Psychosis on December 02, 2014, 03:16:13 pm
Time to schedule Tulsa a few times if so.  We owe him more buttkickings.

Oh man, if we played them and managed to lose, it would be amazing to see the NuttHuggers come out of the woodworks. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 02, 2014, 03:01:52 pm
If he goes back to his original roots, which is to throw the ball all over the yard, he could be successful at that level. I always thought it was odd that he had such an aversion to Malzahn's offensive philosophy when he ran a wide open spread himself at Murray State and Boise State.

However his biggest problem as a head coach has been the way he plays politics with his players. Just coach the team. Put the best kid on the field at every position. If you're going to claim you're in the "people heppin" business then don't talk about it. Do it.

I always thought he was told, after the 2000 or 2001 season to go conservative, by JFB.  His aversion to GM offense was his aversion to getting on the wrong side of Frank. I have no knowledge of that, it was just always a feeling I had.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

I really wish Coach Nutt would take a high school job in Little Rock. That area needs an infusion of energy, and I think he could take the talent down there and develop it.

A lot of those kids need a figure in their life to help get them on the right track and fulfill their potential. I think with Houston's passion for football and those guys, he could do a great thing for the high school football scene in Little Rock, thus helping Arkansas out as well.

riccoar

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 02, 2014, 02:44:42 pm
If you are HDN this is a golden time to get back into coaching. If he doesn't get a job this year he might as well quit trying.
Hey, there will always be a need for news anchor talent scouts.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 02, 2014, 03:27:22 pm
I really wish Coach Nutt would take a high school job in Little Rock. That area needs an infusion of energy, and I think he could take the talent down there and develop it.

A lot of those kids need a figure in their life to help get them on the right track and fulfill their potential. I think with Houston's passion for football and those guys, he could do a great thing for the high school football scene in Little Rock, thus helping Arkansas out as well.

Danny?  Any buy one get one free at sonic this week?
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

ballz2thewall

i don't think that will happen but you're very right; he's more than capable of doing something like that.
The rest of the frog.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: MiHogsMi on December 02, 2014, 03:23:15 pm
I'm a Tulsa graduate.  If that S.O.B Nutt winds up there I'm ripping up my diploma.   :puke:

Whoa, you actually graduated college?

bp

Hoggie17

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 02, 2014, 03:01:52 pm

I was watching Malzhan on a trip to Ala this fall and HDN came, he stated that we are more alike than we are different. 

MiHogsMi

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 02, 2014, 03:29:46 pm
Whoa, you actually graduated college?

bp

Ft. Smith Southside....Tulsa University.  You?

Craig O Squeal

The Golden Handcuffs to the Golden Hurricane!

BorderPatrol

Arkansas High School
University of Arkansas
Southern Arkansas University.

bp

Dwight_K_Shrute

December 02, 2014, 03:42:38 pm #32 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:49:04 am by Dwight_K_Shrute

All kidding aside wouldn't it be a great thing for some of these schools especially in tough inner city type areas if former college HC's that have plenty of money went back and coached these schools.  You want to help kids, make a difference in young men's lives, hell maybe even save some of their lives this is where you go.  Great idea.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 02, 2014, 03:42:38 pm
All kidding aside wouldn't it be a great thing for some of these schools especially in tough inner city type areas if former college HC's that have plenty of money went back and coached these schools.  You want to help kids, make a different in young men's lives, hell maybe even save some of their lives this is where you go.  Great idea.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

BorderPatrol

All kidding aside wouldn't it be a great thing for some of these schools especially in tough inner city type areas if former college HC's that have plenty of money went back and coached these schools.  You want to help kids, make a different in young men's lives, hell maybe even save some of their lives this is where you go.  Great idea.

I agree with both of you. And although I am no fan of his, HDN would be a good candidate.

bp

McKdaddy

Quote from: aar0n on December 02, 2014, 02:32:40 pm
I'm fine with whatever keeps the man away from the UofA, in any shape or form. 

True. I don't want that armpit in my backyard (Tulsa), but if it keeps him away from all things UofA....
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BRHogfan

Wouldn't it be great if other professionals did this.  If retirees volunteered their time at inner city school instead of playing golf. 

Jek Tono Porkins

I do think nutt would be successful at a smaller program.

The one thing you have to give nutt credit for is pulling upsets agains teams that he has no business beating. Of course he also loses to teams that he has no business losing to, but it would be kinda fun I see hdn at Tulsa and only have to play one or two big programs a year and pull upsets against them.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

McKdaddy

+1
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Mr. Porkleone

The return of the QB killer is near. It'll be SPECIAL

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on December 02, 2014, 04:40:52 pm
The return of the QB killer is near. It'll be SPECIAL

AD and Chancellor killer.  I don't understand why any admin would hire him given this history. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Cinco de Hogo

I suggest you just rip up you donation check and send them a picture.  That diploma was expensive, and took a lot of hard work.

LZH

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2014, 02:56:40 pm
He should never be allowed to work with college students again. 

This times infinity.

hawganatic

I'm honestly surprised more coaches don't do this.  As time passes I'm sure most get tired of all the things they have to deal with outside of coaching and football.  Coaching high school would allow them to get back to teaching and just pure football.

hawganatic

Despite the message board hyperbole Nutt isn't that bad of a coach.  He just wasn't good compared to what he had to go against in the SEC.  Always thought he could be a very good low to mid-level college coach.

Just has to put his ego aside, understand his own limitations, and do what he does.

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

HoGustav

HoopS

Remember when some Hog fans decided to go become TU ticket holders due to GM going there because of Nutt?

Gotta admit that's kinda funny to think about now.

Dark Helmet Hog

I bet Danny's sure rooting for Hooty to get one of the jobs.