Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does "Famous Jameis"

Started by TeufelHog, November 22, 2014, 11:55:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggieStyle

Ref should have thrown a flag.

ACC should do the right thing. They won't.

Fisher is a scumbag.

Chief_Osceola

Official statement  from ACC Coordinator of Officials Doug Rhoads:

"As we do every week, our office evaluated each of the games and reports from our officials. This included the detailed report from the Boston College at Florida State game, which was reviewed and accepted. The center judge's positioning, which was due to the experimental year of having an 8th official, combined with the late substitution and by rule the need to allow the defense to matchup, led to contact between himself and the player. The official believed the contact was incidental and insignificant and did not rise to the level of unsportsmanlike conduct and automatic disqualification."

Sorry to disappoint y'all.

Grizzlyfan

I don't think I've ever seen an official stand between the QB and the center?  If the official wants to hold up play he stands over the ball.  That doesn't dismiss that Winston pushed himself in front of the official.  But I thought if the official moved off the ball he was ready to play?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2014, 11:19:44 am
Official statement  from ACC Coordinator of Officials Doug Rhoads:

"As we do every week, our office evaluated each of the games and reports from our officials. This included the detailed report from the Boston College at Florida State game, which was reviewed and accepted. The center judge's positioning, which was due to the experimental year of having an 8th official, combined with the late substitution and by rule the need to allow the defense to matchup, led to contact between himself and the player. The official believed the contact was incidental and insignificant and did not rise to the level of unsportsmanlike conduct and automatic disqualification."

Sorry to disappoint y'all.

Let's just see how "incidental and insignificant" the officials would rule Dan Skipper doing the exact same thing...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 24, 2014, 11:29:40 am
I don't think I've ever seen an official stand between the QB and the center?  If the official wants to hold up play he stands over the ball.  That doesn't dismiss that Winston pushed himself in front of the official.  But I thought if the official moved off the ball he was ready to play?

I think it's a new rule they are experimenting with in CFB this season, depending on the number of crew members on the field.  If I remember correctly, for 7-man crews, an official will stand over the ball.  For 8-man crews, an official will stand behind the center.  I think the crew member was in the correct position, but he should have already been out of the way.  What had happened was FSU substituted Dalvin Cook for Karlos Williams at running back, so the official stood there to allow BC to make a defensive substitution.  BC had already substituted, and the play clock was running.  Winston went to get under center, but the official didn't realize the defense had already substituted and the clock was running.

bigredone

Make all the excuses you want JW should have been ejected. Protecting their one shot at the playoff is what happened. To anyone of substance it would be embarrassing. You are known by the company you keep (rapist, thief, etc).