Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For Long ... the Hits Just Keep on Coming... Another scathing article ...

Started by tolerati, November 07, 2017, 04:31:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tolerati

"Long has said the football program is more than wins and losses. Some say the athletic director's job is more than the football program.

Both are wrong.

Football is the biggest marketing platform the entire university has.

And wins and losses, ultimately, are all that matter there.

In the SEC there are no participation trophies.

Which is why Long may be more worried about saving his own backside than what to do with Bielema."

http://hitthatline.com/is-long-on-ice-as-thin-as-bielema-he-likely-could-be/

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jkstock04

Quote from: tolerati on November 07, 2017, 04:31:45 pm
"Long has said the football program is more than wins and losses. Some say the athletic director's job is more than the football program.

Both are wrong.

Football is the biggest marketing platform the entire university has.

And wins and losses, ultimately, are all that matter there.

In the SEC there are no participation trophies.

Which is why Long may be more worried about saving his own backside than what to do with Bielema."

http://hitthatline.com/is-long-on-ice-as-thin-as-bielema-he-likely-could-be/

According to a lot of what I have read on Hogville, the football program is only a minute part of the ADs job.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

KennyForAD

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 07, 2017, 04:39:03 pm
According to a lot of what I have read on Hogville, the football program is only a minute part of the ADs job.

85% of the REVENUE.   Money is all that matters to them.

Hawgboy64

I am now a fan of Andy Hodges, and I wish more of the Arkansas would be as blunt about Long and the program.  Many blame Bret but Jeff Long is the one that hired him and should not be allowed to make another hire.  I for one will not buy another ticket as Jeff Long is AD.  Smite me all you want but loss of money is the loudest voice fans have.  It's time to use this power. 
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain