Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robert Nkemdiche decommits

Started by RedSoxFan, November 08, 2012, 12:47:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSoxFan

Decommited from Clemson. No shock there. My question is does Clemson still honor the rest of his high school team's scholarship?

Blutoblutarsky

Let the game$$$$$$ begin!!!!  Bama? Ole Miss? $mubarn?

whosiskid

Why do we always assume other programs are paying their players but we are not? I'm not saying that none of the boosters give out gifts, but I doubt that Nick Saban supports it. Alabama has their pick of players without paying a dime. I've seen interviews with Razorback football players with cars or fans vastly more expensive than I could buy. I hope our program is clean, but I suspect that boosters find ways of circumventing rules.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

redleg

His older brother is at Ole Miss. Let's hope he doesn't go there.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: RedSoxFan on November 08, 2012, 12:47:53 pm
Decommited from Clemson. No shock there. My question is does Clemson still honor the rest of his high school team's scholarship?
I'm not sure if anyone should be surprised or shocked if he ends up in Oxford this next year.

Wildhog

Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on November 08, 2012, 03:06:16 pm
I'm not sure if anyone should be surprised or shocked if he ends up in Oxford this next year.

Done deal.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jackrabbit Hog

Not sure it's a done deal; he has made comments along the lines of wanting to go to Alabama but he may feel the family pressure to join his brother at Ole Miss.  From what I've read, he's a much, much better prospect than his brother was, so I'm thinking that Alabama finds a way to get him to Tuscaloosa.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

songofthesword

this is signed sealed and delievered. he's a rebel.

beebefootballfan

Quote from: whosiskid on November 08, 2012, 01:46:50 pm
Why do we always assume other programs are paying their players but we are not? I'm not saying that none of the boosters give out gifts, but I doubt that Nick Saban supports it. Alabama has their pick of players without paying a dime. I've seen interviews with Razorback football players with cars or fans vastly more expensive than I could buy. I hope our program is clean, but I suspect that boosters find ways of circumventing rules.

If we pay our players we suck at it. Evidence of lack of pay can be found in recruiting results.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

whosiskid

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 08, 2012, 06:53:51 pm
If we pay our players we suck at it. Evidence of lack of pay can be found in recruiting results.

You have me there  :-[
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Cure

He will be at Ole Miss with his brother.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

McHogLovin

Quote from: whosiskid on November 08, 2012, 01:46:50 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if this kid already got his payday from Clemson, spent all the loot, and now trying to land another contract.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: songofthesword on November 08, 2012, 05:48:29 pm
this is signed sealed and delievered. he's a rebel.

And ironically they can thank Houston Dale for signing lil bro bc he's the only reason RN will be a Rebel.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on November 16, 2012, 06:58:50 am
And ironically they can thank Houston Dale for signing lil bro bc he's the only reason RN will be a Rebel.

no, he can think Hugh Freeze for taking them to a bowl game and making these kids play hard..  freeze will turn them around.. 

Hogs12

They need to win the next two games to be bowl eligible but I get ur point. They certainly seem to be playing hard. I still don't get why Ole Miss is getting so much interest from higher players and even signing them this year. Is Coach Freeze and his staff that great recruiters and/or players are just really naive. Arkansas needs to be out recruiting Ole Miss period. Arkansas offers everything better than Ole Miss does and this is coming from a Michigan State fan.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 16, 2012, 09:53:31 am
no, he can think Hugh Freeze for taking them to a bowl game and making these kids play hard..  freeze will turn them around..

Nutt did that and more his first 2 years at OM. The preacher-cheerleader stuff works for a short time then fizzles out.

RN signing with OM is so his parents have both kids at one school and Nutt signed lil bro to set that up.

McHogLovin

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on November 16, 2012, 07:45:09 pm
Nutt did that and more his first 2 years at OM. The preacher-cheerleader stuff works for a short time then fizzles out.

RN signing with OM is so his parents have both kids at one school and Nutt signed lil bro to set that up.

Well, I gotta tip my hat to the Hooter on that one then. 

mmhogs17

Denzel was a major, major grade risk that somehow made it to Ole Miss. Had he had good grades, he would have been possibly a 5-star recruit himself and he wouldn't have went to Ole Miss.