Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's really kinda funny

Started by Hogindasticks, January 10, 2018, 01:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

That as soon as the Coach announces his staff that the people who do not want Ark to win emerge again.  I find it absolutely astounding that there are people that were born and have grown up in this state that do not want the hogs to do well and win.  I know there are people on the board that aren't from this state that are that way...but geeze people....root for the Hogs and lets see how well they do!

GO HOGS!  WPS!

Wild Bill Hog

Well put.  Guess there are some that still love Bert more than the Hogs.

Wild Boarnado

Looks to me like folks gotta learn to let go of who they wanted and get on board and support who we got. Reminds me of that scene from Hoosiers where the crowd was chanting "We want Jimmy" and the coach told them this is your team, they work their butts off for you - they deserve your respect and support. This Is Your Team! I liked Brett and gave him my full support, but he and his team couldn't get it done - so now that CCM and his team have been chosen to lead, I'm supporting them with all I got. Someone had to be chosen to lead the team - and not everyone was going to agree on who that should be - but now that a decision has been made I feel like we all need to give them our full support to help them be successful - hopefully they will find the way to success - All the negativity does is make it harder for us to be successful.  Just my humble opinion. WPS!!!
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

oldfart

pghawg1

Who ever our coach is I will support him. I am a RAZORBACK FAN first..................

Tusks

How in the hell can anyone hang anything or any hat on the BB experiment.  The worst fail in the history of modern razorback football.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Each individual, in my opinion, needs to work through their situation.  I doubt this staff would have been the one I would have put together if I had the choice.  But the ones I would have wanted likely wouldn't have wanted to come.  Based on what we could actually attract, I believe this staff is OK. 

For me, above coaching experience, know it all knowledge and best winning percentage ever, I want energy, effort, and a refusal to be denied.  If a person has those qualities he will likely add on the experience, knowledge and winning percentage.  This staff seems to have the foundation to be good. 

It takes a really special coach to have the desire to install a freshman QB, RB and WR in the championship game at half time when your starters have been gang raped for the first half.  It shows you know your team.  It shows that based on your knowledge of your team, this is the best opportunity you will have to be successful.  So you bench a 25-2 QB with experience and a couple of more first line players and insert 3 freshmen.  What does this tell us.  That BAMA has the time to instruct the second team even if Arkansas doesn't.  That takes energy, effort and the refusal to be denied.

Not saying this staff is Saban quality but am saying they have the makings to eventually be dammed good.  And dammed good is truthfully more than we can just go out and hire off the street.

blueridger

Quote from: Wild Boarnado on January 11, 2018, 06:10:05 am
Looks to me like folks gotta learn to let go of who they wanted and get on board and support who we got. Reminds me of that scene from Hoosiers where the crowd was chanting "We want Jimmy" and the coach told them this is your team, they work their butts off for you - they deserve your respect and support. This Is Your Team! I liked Brett and gave him my full support, but he and his team couldn't get it done - so now that CCM and his team have been chosen to lead, I'm supporting them with all I got. Someone had to be chosen to lead the team - and not everyone was going to agree on who that should be - but now that a decision has been made I feel like we all need to give them our full support to help them be successful - hopefully they will find the way to success - All the negativity does is make it harder for us to be successful.  Just my humble opinion. WPS!!!

like what you said.  we should all be patient.  come this fall, all the bozos on the bus will be professing their love for the Razorbacks and how great the team is playing.  they'll not remember the crap they put on this board.  sad fans that's all i can say.  i'm a new Razorback fan...and i have followed the Tigers and the Mustangs very closely.  i've seen the resurrection of the Clemson football team when CCM arrived.  i was there, i went to the games.  i witnessed an SMU program that looked like it was on its last legs...and in 34 months, became bowl eligible.  having seen  those SMU teams up close and personal, his record that so many have criticized is nothing less than miraculous.  i probably shouldn't read these message boards.  it's hard to stay silent.  but for everyone, be thankful.  be proud.  be ready to witness a team of WINNERS this fall. a team that will excite everyone of you.  a team you'll be proud of and will brag about.  a team that is not out of any game as long there are ticks on the clock.  i think Chavis is right where  he's supposed to be.  his age, his baldness, he mustache...grow  up.  he loves the game and he'll get the job done.   some times you just have to believe...in the face of  adversity and worry...you just have to believe.  try being positive, lock arms, get behind these young men and leave the negativity out of the conversation.  my $.02

LZH

Quote from: tusked on January 11, 2018, 01:59:01 pm
How in the hell can anyone hang anything or any hat on the BB experiment.  The worst fail in the history of modern razorback football.

Those of us who said this about four years ago caught hell around here.

Bubba's Bruisers

Might be the best over all staff we've had since I can remember.  I know we haven't played a game yet, so at least potentially the best, or at least has the most potential.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

DLUXHOG

January 11, 2018, 02:42:46 pm #10 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:39:01 pm by DLUXHOG
Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 10, 2018, 01:18:47 pm
Well put.  Guess there are some that still love Bert Nutt, Petrino, Gus, etc..  more than the Hogs.
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Al Boarland

I think it's a decent staff. What that gets is yet to be determined.

mckinneyhog5

I supported all of our coaches while they were here, well Nutt was a special case, but I supported him until the end of his next to last year. Once they're gone what's to support? What's funny is that the people begging support for Morris will be the one's who turn on him first. Then they'll hope he loses games just so he can be fired instead of a 6-6 year. It'll happen mark my words.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

redeye

Quote from: 12247 on January 11, 2018, 02:10:33 pm

It takes a really special coach to have the desire to install a freshman QB, RB and WR in the championship game at half time when your starters have been gang raped for the first half.  It shows you know your team.  It shows that based on your knowledge of your team, this is the best opportunity you will have to be successful.  So you bench a 25-2 QB with experience and a couple of more first line players and insert 3 freshmen.  What does this tell us.  That BAMA has the time to instruct the second team even if Arkansas doesn't.  That takes energy, effort and the refusal to be denied.

Not saying this staff is Saban quality but am saying they have the makings to eventually be dammed good.  And dammed good is truthfully more than we can just go out and hire off the street.

Scott Frost had an interesting thought:

QuoteNebraska coach Scott Frost, who's in Houston on Wednesday as a finalist for the Bear Bryant Coach of the Year Award based on his run at UCF, was asked about Alabama coach Nick Saban's decision to bench Jalen Hurts for Tua Tagovailoa in the national title game. "It was a decision I don't know I would have been courageous enough to make. That's the answer you want to hear. The other answer is that he was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn't. Coach Saban is above criticism with everything he's accomplished, so I don't mean it that way, but I recruited Tua out of high school and knew what he could do and it doesn't surprise me that he did what he did. Jalen's a great player, too. That was a very bold and courageous move and I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier [in the season]." Frost's recruitment of Tagovailoa dates back to his time as an Oregon assistant.

I can see both sides.  Frost likely invests more in the QB position, so replacing the QB mid-game would be a monumental decision.  Saban's never been known to have great QB's and just needs someone with composure, who won't fumble or throw interceptions.  I still think it was extremely daring of Saban, but there are good reasons why Frost would have more reservations.

racinghog

Quote from: blueridger on January 11, 2018, 02:30:55 pm
like what you said.  we should all be patient.  come this fall, all the bozos on the bus will be professing their love for the Razorbacks and how great the team is playing.  they'll not remember the crap they put on this board.  sad fans that's all i can say.  i'm a new Razorback fan...and i have followed the Tigers and the Mustangs very closely.  i've seen the resurrection of the Clemson football team when CCM arrived.  i was there, i went to the games.  i witnessed an SMU program that looked like it was on its last legs...and in 34 months, became bowl eligible.  having seen  those SMU teams up close and personal, his record that so many have criticized is nothing less than miraculous.  i probably shouldn't read these message boards.  it's hard to stay silent.  but for everyone, be thankful.  be proud.  be ready to witness a team of WINNERS this fall. a team that will excite everyone of you.  a team you'll be proud of and will brag about.  a team that is not out of any game as long there are ticks on the clock.  i think Chavis is right where  he's supposed to be.  his age, his baldness, he mustache...grow  up.  he loves the game and he'll get the job done.   some times you just have to believe...in the face of  adversity and worry...you just have to believe.  try being positive, lock arms, get behind these young men and leave the negativity out of the conversation.  my $.02

The question is, will you be a hog fan when Coach Morris is no longer here?

theFlyingHog

Hogindasticks

What's the difference between a winning atmosphere and a losing atmosphere..........winners expect to win....losers expect to lose.  Haters want winners to lose and wait for every minute of the day to jump on someone trying at a moment's notice to prove themselves right, because they want people to be like them.  A winning atmosphere consist of people that extend praise upward to propel our Hogs to win and praise the effort that they give on the field.  No one is perfect.  No team is perfect.  The one that wins the NC is the team that is closer to perfect than everyone else that year.  Praise the Razorbacks to enable them to have the faith that Arkansas is behind them and watch others (recruits) that also want to feel that type of atmosphere.  Be the example....don't follow it.  Look past the mistakes and praise the effort, and you will see Arkansas surge to the top!

redeye

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 11, 2018, 05:55:13 pm
What's the difference between a winning atmosphere and a losing atmosphere..........winners expect to win....losers expect to lose.  Haters want winners to lose and wait for every minute of the day to jump on someone trying at a moment's notice to prove themselves right, because they want people to be like them.  A winning atmosphere consist of people that extend praise upward to propel our Hogs to win and praise the effort that they give on the field.  No one is perfect.  No team is perfect.  The one that wins the NC is the team that is closer to perfect than everyone else that year.  Praise the Razorbacks to enable them to have the faith that Arkansas is behind them and watch others (recruits) that also want to feel that type of atmosphere.  Be the example....don't follow it.  Look past the mistakes and praise the effort, and you will see Arkansas surge to the top!

Nice statement!

phadedhawg

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 10, 2018, 01:09:37 pm
That as soon as the Coach announces his staff that the people who do not want Ark to win emerge again.  I find it absolutely astounding that there are people that were born and have grown up in this state that do not want the hogs to do well and win.  I know there are people on the board that aren't from this state that are that way...but geeze people....root for the Hogs and lets see how well they do!

GO HOGS!  WPS!

I'm too old to try and read an agenda into every word someone posts.  So for us old folks, could you please link to these people who want Arkansas to lose?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 10, 2018, 01:18:47 pm
Well put.  Guess there are some that still love Bert more than the Hogs.

That's a pretty narrow view, Wild Bill.
Go Hogs Go!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 11, 2018, 05:52:27 pm
How dare you make such a post and not list Gus. Shame on you
Fixed it... nice catch......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The Boar War

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 11, 2018, 02:41:15 pm
Might be the best over all staff we've had since I can remember.  I know we haven't played a game yet, so at least potentially the best, or at least has the most potential.

I understand the whole potential aspect but large parts of our offensive staff are completely unproven.