Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MSState @ Arkansas Roster Side-by-Side

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, November 17, 2015, 12:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Hope you get something out of it. Felt like puttin in some work this morning.

After looking around at the stats of last weeks MS State-Alabama game I came up with the following, which, is exactly what anyone else would think. Rosters are the starters for this weekend (with Arkansas defensive backups added because they get quite a bit of playing time it seems). MSU had quite a few upperclassmen in the 2-deep last season and this season, their starting roster is full of Juniors and Seniors again. Mullen is doing a good job of keeping players for 4-5 years.

Notes:  Jonathan Allen pretty much owned the weak side during the Alabama game. He finished with 7 tackles and 3 sacks. A'Shawn Robinson finished with 5 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Alabama linebackers combined for 3.5 sacks and 15 tackles. Following Alabama again this week probably showed Robb Smith what type of pressure to bring and how to disguise coverages, but he has his own defensive system and will obviously come up with his own wrinkles to add in order to clog the middle and bring pressure on the edges.

Greenlaw will probably stay home except in obvious passing situations. Will be interesting to see if the Bulldogs try to lure Roesler out into pass coverage if he plays more at SLB.

Mississippi State had their hardest game trying to secure the football (they fumbled 3 times but only turning it over once). Prescott passed for 300 yards on 50% passing with no TDs. It would seem the coaching staff is running him between the tackles to compensate for lack of RB production. They were 0-3 in the red zone with 2 field goals. They are a good mix of run/pass on 1st down with either Prescott or their RB(s).
This is my non-signature signature.